STEVE DOWNING 31-Jan-16
Sarah 31-Jan-16
leo17 31-Jan-16
Jaquomo 31-Jan-16
Jaquomo 31-Jan-16
Jaquomo 31-Jan-16
DonVathome 01-Feb-16
31-Jan-16
I was wondering about a trespass fee on a ranch in Colorado.Is there such a thing as a fee that don't break the bank on a archery elk hunt. I would like to hunt a ranch with water and green fields. Thanks, Steve

31-Jan-16
Irrigation and green fields are expensive to create and maintain. Therefore, it is not out of line to expect to pay a hefty trespass fee for quality hunting.

31-Jan-16
I would like a Unicorn

just messing with you. Whats your budget ?

31-Jan-16
Ah, you must be referring to the "alfalfa hunts" on the TV shows. Not sure what Lee and Tiff's sponsors pay, but you'll pay around $1,000 a day, minimum.

There are some regular mountain trespass fee hunts I know of that range from $850 a week to a couple thousand, but the hunting isn't very good and the elk are often run out during the first week. A couple of them let too many guys in. I know of another one that's $4000 for 5 days but he is booked solid every year by repeat guys.

Some trespass fee hunts are suggested on here from time to time. In CO most any ranch with any decent elk hunting is leased to outfitters.

31-Jan-16
You might do a thread search for that and maybe come up with suggestions from past threads. Just be careful. I've run into guys on public land who paid trespass fees and discovered there weren't any elk on the property they paid to hunt.

The best deal is often to pay for access through private land to National Forest that's very difficult to reach otherwise. Some of these come with a cabin too.

31-Jan-16
"Smartphone" double post

01-Feb-16
From my research good hunts are pricey period. Bad hunts might be to. In other words you are going to pay a lot of $$$ for a good hunt - but make sure before you do it is a good hunt! 1000x more likely to pay to much for a bad hunt then find a cheap good hunt.

• Sitka Gear