BULELK1 02-Feb-16
jdee 02-Feb-16
midwest 02-Feb-16
TXHunter 02-Feb-16
Charlie Rehor 02-Feb-16
elkmtngear 02-Feb-16
01-Feb-16

Big Fin's Link
As part of our work with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, we are have started a YouTube series called ELK TALK. The series is designed to walk viewers through the process of applying for tags, hopefully acquiring a tag, planning their hunt, and hopefully punching that tag.

A lot of you here are old hands at the elk hunting gig. Some are here wanting to learn more. Our goal with this series is not to be the "oracle of elk," rather to provide information that is helpful to those wanting to learn more. And hopefully provide a few bits and pieces that even the old hands might find useful as they expand their elk hunting horizons.

The first episode was a discussion of Preference Point systems versus Bonus Point systems. That is a topic on which I get many emails, so it seemed like the good place to start when explaining how these western draw systems work.

Episode 2 was about the Wyoming drawing system. Episode 3, just loaded today, is about Arizona. Next week we will load Utah, followed by Montana, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, and Idaho.

When we are done, the states hosting the most traveling elk hunters will be covered. And if you still are without a tag, we will do one, maybe two, episodes on leftover/general/OTC elk tag options. The goal being to show people that not going elk hunting each year is not a function of available opportunity, rather a personal decision of what you are looking for in an elk hunt.

If you go to the link above, it is an overview of the Arizona system. I've been luck to draw five Arizona elk tags since 2005. Keeping my fingers crossed for another one this year. Arizona deadline is February 9th.

Thanks for watching. Hope this series provides some benefit to your elk hunting research, no matter what your level of elk hunting experience.

02-Feb-16
Good job Randy

02-Feb-16
Very nice!

Thanks bro

Good luck, Robb

02-Feb-16
Plain and simple and to the point. Well worth 8 mins. and 22 seconds. Thanks.

02-Feb-16
Great info, Randy!

btw, the AZ hunt/fish license is $160 now.

02-Feb-16
Great practical information there. It has taken me years to learn the ins and outs of each state's draw systems - and I am still a little fuzzy on some of the finer points.

But AZ be veddy, veddy good to me as I drew a ND desert sheep tag there in 2014 with 13 points. :)

02-Feb-16
Well done! BTW the license is $160:)

02-Feb-16
Thanks Randy...I should have been doing this long ago.

Best of Luck, Jeff

• Sitka Gear