Colorado elk archery
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Bowhntn 03-Feb-16
Charlie Rehor 03-Feb-16
Dikndirt 03-Feb-16
IdyllwildArcher 03-Feb-16
03-Feb-16
Thank u guys for all the advice on an Wyoming archery elk hunt, I had something come up and just could not apply at this time. However I am looking at a hunt in Colorado, I have 12 points but also would look at a private land hunt. I would like a 300 plus bull, cost the lower the better obviously, do to taking my daughter on a bow bear hunt this spring. I am 49 and am in great shape, any help on where or whom to go with would be great. Thank u for the advice.

03-Feb-16
Have a great hunt with your daughter! Those are the real important hunts! Good Luck!

03-Feb-16
You might look at unit #40 you could draw as a n/r and hunt 300" bulls on public land. Private land access would be pricey but some very big bulls exist in this unit in numbers.

03-Feb-16
There's not a lot of public land in 40. If you decide to go that route, I'd look into private land access before you apply.

I've heard that the elk get driven out of the small piece of national forest very shortly after the season starts. Then you're relying on small strips of BLM and the access issues and fence line hunting issues that come with that sort of hunt.

• Sitka Gear