moch 08-Feb-16
TD 08-Feb-16
WapitiBob 08-Feb-16
Zim1 08-Feb-16
NvaGvUp 08-Feb-16
400 Elk @Home 09-Feb-16
ElkNut1 09-Feb-16
06-Feb-16
Question for the long time Arizona applicants. After two consecutive 5 year periods of applying for elk in Arizona would one have (2) loyalty points?

For example, my friend drew a tag last year on year 10 and he had (1) loyalty point at time of draw. My understanding is that he will not lose that point as long as he keeps applying. So now would he have (2) going into this years draw?

06-Feb-16
No. You max out at 1 loyalty point assuming no interruption in your annual application for that genus.

06-Feb-16
No.

You get one for each animal after 5 yrs and keep it so long as you don't stop applying. You don't get a 2nd and you lose it for 5 yrs only if you don't app or screw up your app.

06-Feb-16
Thanks, guys.

06-Feb-16
And trust me you loose it if you write your app check out for 3 cents not enough.

07-Feb-16
ouch

08-Feb-16
I am confused how I don't have one for Elk there. I have 6 points for elk and 7 for deer/sheep (first year I didn't apply in time for Elk but made the Deer June deadline)... But that still makes 6 consecutive applications but the point is only listed for deer/sheep not for elk.

I don't plan to actually apply for a hunt for another 3-4 years so it is a moot point currently, just curios why this would be.

08-Feb-16
TEmbry, if you have 6 consecutive SUCESSFULL applications, then you should have your loyalty point. This would warrant a call to AGFD.

If you applied by mail- you might need cleared check copies/credit card statements etc.

08-Feb-16
I am still waiting for my Hunter Safety point to be applied took the final last November. have called them three times, they say it will be in before they process the elk draw this year. holding my breath as it may be what puts me in the game.

08-Feb-16
Curious.... on the 5th year you will have 6? Or on the 6th year you will have 7?

08-Feb-16
After the first year you have 1. After the 5th year you will have 6.

08-Feb-16
Loyalty? AZG&F? hahaha You mean like when you apply for 15 years then they cut your points in half and don't return your money? And they have the gall to use that word? Really?

08-Feb-16
In AZ and WY, if you screw up your application but do so well in advance of the deadline, they will contact you so you can correct it.

Been there, done that. Great customer service!

09-Feb-16
I had a stand thing happen with my AZ points. They dropped from 17 elk points all the way down to 2? Oh now I remember...that unit 9 archery elk tag hunt my points. I love AZ and have the lifetime point for hunter Ed and the loyalty point. The change helps me but I plan on moving to AZ in the next few years and will by the lifetime license ASAP. Best of luck to everybody. (Especially me).

09-Feb-16
Just applied for my 1st point there! I have a ways to go! (grin) Good luck in the draw!

ElkNut1

• Sitka Gear