KHNC 21-Apr-16
TD 21-Apr-16
elkstabber 21-Apr-16
ohiohunter 22-Apr-16
Brijake 22-Apr-16
bradbear 22-Apr-16
butcherboy 22-Apr-16
13-Apr-16
Guaranteed working back door right now! You will know your result if you follow this simple procedure.

1. Log into your account

2. Select "Draw Hunt Applications."

3. Click on "Delete Application" in upper right hand corner

4. Click "Confirm Delete" on next window.

If it allows you to delete your application you will not draw the tag.

This method is a guaranteed way to know you are not drawing this year until they remove the ability to delete the application because the draw is finally starting. Once they actually start the draw, you will not be able to delete your application.

So, we need someone different to do this every day until it won't let you anymore and that way the rest of us can know when the draw actually starts. Any volunteers?

SURELY NO ONE WILL ACTUALLY TRY THIS. I would feel a little bad if they did, unless of course they were competing with me for one of my choices.

13-Apr-16
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13-Apr-16
lmbo..

13-Apr-16
Oooops!

13-Apr-16
Nice try Darrell!!

13-Apr-16
Not a "try" Steve. Just an avoidance of work I don't want to do so a momentary diversion of humor. :)

Did you put in for NM this year? Doug and I put in for 36 as an extremely long shot for our first choice and then the unit you hunted with us for our second and third choices.

14-Apr-16
Lol that's a great post and thanks for just increasing my odds. I owe you lunch now.

14-Apr-16
Good April 1 post

14-Apr-16
Darrell, I took a long shot at unit 34.....but quite doubtful.

That was funny!

14-Apr-16
15 first choice...Long shot, but gotta try.

14-Apr-16
Shoot, 55 first choice! But I've gone undrawn the past 2yrs so I think I'm due.

34 and 36 archery aren't too bad of odds as a resident, there are worse for sure. Now rifle is a long shot, less than 10%.

14-Apr-16
as a resident I got apps in for every species except Antelope. went 16D rifle straight across on elk. slim odds but archery conflicted with my AZ hunts this year and my wife drew an early season Elk Tag.

14-Apr-16
Got me!!!

Good one!

14-Apr-16
Did you know you had high odds in AZ when you put in for NM? I'd like to put in for another state as a back up plan, but am so unfamiliar w/ them and their regs are like reading ikea instrucctions in chineese backwards.

14-Apr-16

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
Everyone should do this.

15-Apr-16
I actually thought I would Draw AZ with 15 points as my wife and I both have lifetime licenses there so we go in the resident draw. after looking at list of high point holders in the resident draw I really figured I was in. NOT, but she drew a top notch tag with only 6 points. thus I stayed away from NM archery because the dates conflicted, was just playing on a hunch. Next year I will face the say situation. Good luck to everyone in the NM draw, 12 days and counting.

15-Apr-16
Can't wait ,.as my entire summer and fall schedule is on hold.

16-Apr-16
Nope, draw didn't start yet!! :)

16-Apr-16
Teeton,

So did you delete your app as a public service to the rest of us? Is that how you know it hasn't started yet? :)

16-Apr-16
I ran into a g&f officer and tried to open his backdoor, didn't go so well.

16-Apr-16
NSS

17-Apr-16

78cj5's embedded Photo
78cj5's embedded Photo
I don't know what you all are complaining about. I got rid of all the personal info. and am going turkey hunting for the next week so enjoy. Hopefully the picture comes through.

19-Apr-16
Deleting the application is no longer an option so we are getting close.

19-Apr-16
mmmmmm

19-Apr-16

I am not buying that unless someone reports that it won't let them buy a general tag. That was the backdoor a couple years ago. I am guessing they are not letting that work again.

However, if someone figures out a backdoor, please send me a PM.

19-Apr-16

Darrell's embedded Photo
Darrell's embedded Photo
This is what I believe NMG&F is doing to us. :)

19-Apr-16
Darrell, Yes I did what you said so draw didn't start...:)

20-Apr-16

elkstabber's embedded Photo
I requested a refund if I didn't draw. This is what I got when I just tried to purchase one.

20-Apr-16
Elkstabber, That is not good news for me. I don't get that message. I won't be convinced until there is more data but . . . I don't like what it appears to be saying. Hopefully that is just NMG&F changing things up to close down the back doors.

20-Apr-16
Count some sheep folks, only six days. Relax, breath in , breath out.

20-Apr-16
I don't get that message, either. It wouldn't surprise me if it's an indicator that you drew. I put in for almost impossible tags so don't expect to draw.

20-Apr-16

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I get the same as elk stabbed. I thought in the past you had to try to purchase an elk tag not the license for it to work? I don't understand because my general license should have expired April 1 as all of ours should have. When trying to purchase a private ranch elk tag it lets me get to the place of entering ranch numbers.

20-Apr-16
So you're saying there's a chance?

20-Apr-16
Not being able to purchase a general hunting license was an indicator that I drew in 2014.

20-Apr-16
It will let me purchase a general license so if this is true I am getting a refund

20-Apr-16
elkstabber and Link, Did you ask for a refund on your general license if you did not draw? If you didn't ask for a refund, that is the message you would get.

20-Apr-16
Don't recall. I must have.

20-Apr-16
You can go in and print your license and it will show you if you asked for one.

20-Apr-16

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
It says no refund.

20-Apr-16
So that is why you can't buy another one. Not a back door to draw results, so back to waiting!

20-Apr-16

I requested a refund. Mine looks like this.

20-Apr-16
elkstabber,

Look at the receipt for your Game Hunt Combo, not your license purchases.

20-Apr-16
I like backdoors

20-Apr-16
NoWiser - Where do I find the Game Hunt Combo?

20-Apr-16
I am as excited as the next guy to see results but I will just wait. LOL!

20-Apr-16

NoWiser's embedded Photo
NoWiser's embedded Photo
I have it circled in red. It's in the "My Purchases" tab. If you click on that, you should be able to see on the receipt whether or not you asked for a refund.

20-Apr-16

This reinforces my memory that I asked for a refund.

Here is a screen shot from the Game Hunt combo. Now what does this mean?

20-Apr-16
I'd say it's not bad news, but I really don't have a clue.

Good luck!

20-Apr-16
Thanks NoWiser. We need more data from other people still.

20-Apr-16
I'll bet NMG&F are having a hayday with this.

Why it's such a big deal to let people find out early is beyond me...

20-Apr-16
So they can start practicing 2 days early and get a jump on all the good gear before its bought up!

20-Apr-16
LOL!!!!

20-Apr-16
This is Christmas for elk hunters. Hey, what's wrong with shaking the presents under the tree? We're just not allowed to open them yet.

20-Apr-16
Did I say "they"? I meant WE, we all came to this thread for a reason. No use denying it your signature says it all.

20-Apr-16
Elkstabber congrats, unless you have unpayed child support etc. Ur good on one species just don't know what.

21-Apr-16
Backdoor is open. The only problem, is that it's to the mud room and the door to the kitchen is still shut (and locked).

21-Apr-16
It lets me purchase a general hunting license....so.....

21-Apr-16
Lineman did you ask for a refund if you were not successful?

21-Apr-16
Yes I did.

21-Apr-16
Elkstabber, not trying to rain on your parade but is the reason you are not allowed to purchse a game license becuase you already have one in your shopping cart? it looks like it form the message up top. I still havent seen this "game license backdoor" work for anyone this year unless we all struck out. If someone has seen it work please let us know.

21-Apr-16

21-Apr-16
There was a brief backdoor last night. It was only through veterans applications. My buddy is a vet at we got elk and deer. Struck out on oryx and antelope.

21-Apr-16
I heard the same thing from am active military member. Based on his report to me he should quit applying for tags and play the lottery. He drew pretty much every tag possible. Elk, oryx and Barbary Sheep.

21-Apr-16
may be one of those things you gotta catch just right

21-Apr-16
I asked for the game license refund and the system will now let me buy a game license. Assuming that's a no-draw cause last year when I drew I couldn't purchase the game license online after the draw.

21-Apr-16
quinn dont assume that, with as hard as G&F tried to lockdown backdoors it wouldnt suprise me if that took that one too. We have no proof that it works this year.

21-Apr-16
With about a 3% chance of drawing the tag I applied for it didn't surprise me.

21-Apr-16
I asked for a refund. I just checked. It will allow me to purchase a license even tho I added one for the draw. Not looking too good.

21-Apr-16
Darrell..... I'd say it's looking better and better for ya.... LOL!

21-Apr-16
When I tried today to purchase a Game License it would let me. It didn't let me yesterday (see the above screen shots). I'm guessing this means that the "backdoor" is closed if it was ever open. Last year the backdoor worked for one day and it was exactly a week before the official results came out. Yesterday was one week before the official results are expected.

Who knows? But I am glad that the NMG&F draw is one of the fastest in the West with a five week waiting time. Only WY is faster for NRs. AZ and UT are ten weeks:(

Good Luck!!!

22-Apr-16
"quinn dont assume that, with as hard as G&F tried to lockdown backdoors it wouldnt suprise me if that took that one too. We have no proof that it works this year."

Mfresh.. What proof from last year is missing this year? We never know if the backdoor is 100%.

22-Apr-16
For me and many of my friends, previous years backdoors have unfortunately been spot on.

It would be interesting to see if anyone has had a different experience?

22-Apr-16
I find it hard to be true as I KNEW I would draw my sheep tag!!!!

22-Apr-16
I'm excited too but you guys are cracking me up! I remember the days of paper applications and waiting until June and sometimes July to find out if you drew by mail! No internet or backdoors back then.

I think the "backdoor" should be called "poop shoot" because we all know where our hopes and dreams go for drawing a tag. Out the shoot and straight into the crapper. LOL

• Sitka Gear