NoWiser 27-Apr-16
AAA 27-Apr-16
Jgrossetete 27-Apr-16
patience2spare 27-Apr-16
Darrell 28-Apr-16
HDE 28-Apr-16
swampokie 28-Apr-16
23-Apr-16
So if you log into your NM account and pull your applications up, click on review your applications, and see if your choices are in the order you applied for.

A buddy in NM walked me through this and my choices are in a different order. instead of 1,2,3, they are now in 2,1,3. He said last year this happened to him and it held true on a couple of different hunts.

Anyone have any experience with this?

23-Apr-16
So what does that mean?

23-Apr-16
Let's hope it's not working unless I drew my first choice. Mine are in correct order.

23-Apr-16
According to him i drew my 2nd choice.

23-Apr-16
I have been watching that because mine are different. If that is the case, I drew a sheep tag and a once in a lifetime elk tag.

23-Apr-16
Link, maybe you drew your first choice!

23-Apr-16
I hope. 16D bugle here we come. Lol I'm pretty sure I'm not lucky enough to draw that when there are about 3 non resident tags, 2000 applicants and i apply with my bother. I did enter us under his name not mine since he is the lucky one. :)

23-Apr-16
1) I think they rearrange your choices by hunt code to follow a sequential order then do the draw (as in 3rd ELK-1-106, 1st ELK-1-210, 2nd ELK-1-395).

2) Now, if your hunt codes appear out of order and no sequential order to the hunt codes (as in 2nd ELK-1-395, 3rd ELK-1-106, 1st ELK-1-210), you may be on to something.

If paragraph 1) were true and indicated success, then that means I will have drawn all my applications...other wise, I have to wait until Tuesday evening (assuming emails) to find out.

23-Apr-16
If I remember correctly I think they are arranged like that according to the date of the hunt. The first hunt on the calendar is the top of the list.

Ex> Choice #1 is second season, Choice #2 is first season. So it would look like this in the review portion:

2 - First Season 1 - Second Season

23-Apr-16
Mine are in the order I entered them. My first choice was an archery 2nd season, second choice is archery first season, third choice is gun second season(forgive me it has better odds). Brijake if that were the case mine should have changed. HDE here is an example of the choices I applied for (1) 2-279 2nd season archery, (2) 2-215 1st season archery, (3) 1-260 second season gun

23-Apr-16
I have not a clue as to how it works. That was my reason for asking. Sequential order makes sense.

23-Apr-16
Link,

So when you see the review, it looks like this?

2 - first archery 1 - second archery 3 - rifle

23-Apr-16
No it looks like this

1- second archery 2-first archery 3- rifle

23-Apr-16
Maybe post a pic of what it looks like so we can all see it? Crossing off your choices of course!

23-Apr-16
To throw a wrench in this, I attached to Creeds application but my choices show different than his. I'm confused.

23-Apr-16
I just figured out you are talking about the draw application review I was talking about before I hit the review button. My bad it's past my bed time. Mine is like you are suspecting Brijake.

23-Apr-16
Well if you post a screenshot, everyone will see your unit choices and most keep that to themselves. I wrote that more as a joke.

23-Apr-16

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo

23-Apr-16
Yes I agree and others will be laughing at us trying to constantly figure out the back door and will tell us to quit getting our panties in a bunch and wait for Tuesday or Wednesday!

23-Apr-16
I know it's just too tempting. It won't surprise you to know when I buy my wife a Christmas gift I can't wait until Christmas to give it to her. Lol

24-Apr-16
Interesting Link, I doubt it matters but are you a nm resident?

I am and all of mine are still in order 1,2,3

Anyone else's shuffled?

24-Apr-16
Here is how it works, or at least mine works since I know where I am going and my daughter was not drawn.

Reviewing your app. from top to bottom:

3,2,1,4,5=not drawn 1,2,3,4,5= 1st choice draw 2,3,1,4,5= 2nd choice draw 3,1,2,4,5= 3rd choice drawn

So Link drew his second choice and ohiohunter drew his first choice. I have the 3,1,2,4,5 and drew a Q/HD hunt as my third choice. I drew my first choice deer so can't hunt deer and elk during the elk hunt but will get after them in Jan..

24-Apr-16
OK, admittedly...I'm bored this morning....so I looked.

My hunt codes come back 3,1,2,4,5....but all three codes are same weapon, same season....and the order shown lists the hunt codes in sequential order....lowest to highest.

Guess we'll get to put the theory to test in a few days. Thinking it best to hold off a celebration until it's official.....

24-Apr-16
78cj5,

Well, I hope you are right but I don't think that is true. Mine are listed 3rd, 2nd first choice. But that puts my codes in numerical order. Is anyone's order not numerical by the actual hunt code?

24-Apr-16
Mine are in calendar order 2nd, 1st. Mans nothing to me until the 27th or G&F e-mail. LOL

--Bill

24-Apr-16
*Means

24-Apr-16
Ohio I am a non resident. Darrell mine are not in numerical order but are in order of the date of the seasons.

24-Apr-16
My hunt choices are all the same date. The hunt numbers have been shuffled to where they are now in numerical order. 5 points attached to my app and his shows the order we applied for.

24-Apr-16
In years past the pre-draw hunt choice order did not correlate to a back door for draw success. No reason to think for 2016 they would start providing this as a new back door. Especially considering the great lengths they have gone to in eliminating all possible back doors this year.

24-Apr-16
Creed I attached to my brother and both of ours are 2,1,3. To prove 78cj5 theory we need to see a bunch of people that have the order 321.

24-Apr-16
So my daughters app is 3,1,2,4 order does that mean she drew 3rd choice? Mine is 1,2,3,4 so does that mean I got first choice?

24-Apr-16
If this is real I drew a non-res elk, Ibex and sheep tag. Pretty sure that did not happen: (. We will know for sure this week. So you're saying there's a chance!

24-Apr-16
Remember one year you could try to buy a 65 dollar hunt license again and it would reject it if you drew because you weren't receiving a refund this year.

24-Apr-16
I guess the only downside to checking will be a bigger letdown come Tuesday, of course I couldn't stand it and checked!

I best prepare for a big letdown because it says I may have a BHS, Ant, Oryx and Deer, the other 3 tags I can't tell.

I agree Bownarrow, this probably isn't happening, there is no way I could draw a BHS tag, I only apply to humor myself!!

We will see if this theory works very soon!

24-Apr-16
I only had one choice. What will it tell me?

24-Apr-16
I drew my first choice in NM last year.

The back door worked for me last year, and when I was checking it, I also noted that my hunt choices had been re-arranged to #2, #1, #3....so I took that to mean that I had drawn my 2nd choice.

But I actually had drawn my 1st choice.

So I don't think the re-arranging means anything based on that experience.

Good luck everyone!

24-Apr-16
I am basing my hypothesis on what has happened for the last four years. Orion that is how I see it. Tell me if I am correct when you get the results. My hypothesis is your daughter did get her third choice and you did get your first. Of course G&F can change it to mess with use so it is only a hypothesis until confirmed.

My deer is in the same order I put it in for and it doesn't matter seasons or sequential hunt numbers. Bow (2), Rifle (1), ML (3) and it is still 123. I put in for a unit that has leftover tags every year so I always get first choice.

24-Apr-16
It is odd that some of the choices change position, what reason could it be other than something positive?

24-Apr-16
Again, I think it is because of the picture I will attach next. I'm sure by now they are chanting "2098, 2098, 2098 . . ."

24-Apr-16

Darrell's embedded Photo
Darrell's embedded Photo
2099, 2099, 2099 . . .

24-Apr-16
I do think this could be right because my elk and antelope are 32145 and my deer is 23145. Very likely I would draw 2nd deer and no elk or antelope

24-Apr-16
If this is true it could be good for me. But don't want to get my hopes up!

24-Apr-16
Guys, we went over this last year. The order of your hunt choices has nothing to do with whether or not you drew.

The only backdoor that worked last year was the "are you able to put a hunting lic in your cart" trick and so far this year, there's mixed opinions as to whether it's working or not.

24-Apr-16
I realize it probably doesn't work but why or what reason is the order changed from the way you applied? Not everything has changed only some, before the draw time you could go on and review the app and everything was just as you applied.

24-Apr-16
Here is my hypothesis on why this works the way it does....... 123 you drew on the first choice and were successful so got thrown out of the draw at that position.

231 you drew second choice, first choice got shuffled to the bottom and you got thrown out of the draw when successful so it stays like that.

312 you drew third choice, second choice got sent to the bottom, first choice went up one. You were successful on third choice and got thrown out of the draw at that point.

321 you didn't draw but it got thrown to fourth choice, if you applied for one. It should be 312 but that is explained below.

So every round gets moved to the bottom if you are not successful in that round. The reason the 2 and 1 get swapped if unsuccessful on third choice is to differentiate between those successful on third choice. So you have a 321 instead of a 312.

Waiting for Wed. to see if this is confirmed or not.

24-Apr-16
well i checked mine just now and my deer was in the 12345 order but my elk was in the 21345 order im sure what that means as it doesnt fit into the hypothesis above.

24-Apr-16
My dad, brother and I are a party of three for elk only. All three of our applications are the same and show 3-1-2 in terms of hunt choices.

24-Apr-16
Both my deer and elk apps are simply in numerical order. The deer is 321 and the elk is 213.

24-Apr-16
neither of mine are in numerical order but they are in date order.

24-Apr-16
I would venture to say all of our applications are in date order.

24-Apr-16
But we will know on the 27th... I want to know last week!!

--Bill

24-Apr-16
But we will know on the 27th... I want to know last week!!

--Bill

24-Apr-16
Mine are in date order as well, but also just happen to be in hunt code order as well. Who knows if any of this means anything.

25-Apr-16
None of mine are in date order or hunt code order. If they were in hunt code order it would be 321. If they were in date order it would be 123 or 132 for elk. I have a 312 just like two years ago when I drew my third choice.

Now for deer if it were hunt code order it would be 213, date order would be 132, instead I have 123. Every year I draw first choice on deer.

I may be totally wrong as I only have data for two licenses for 4 years so I am waiting to see what others say when they start getting e-mails.

Of course next year this will be shut as well so it doesn't mean much.

25-Apr-16
LOL, if it is something to shut! I sure hope it rings true.

25-Apr-16
I've got a question. When the have posted results in the past, what time of day was it?

25-Apr-16
usually 10 a.m.

25-Apr-16
Thanks

25-Apr-16
I hear the chant clearly "4456 . . . 4456. . . 4456 . . . " then a roar of laughter and then "4457. . . 4457 . . . 4457 . . ."

I think they are messing with us this year. :) And who could blame them. If you knew you had this many people trying to figure out a "back door" to get in and you had ways to have fun with them, wouldn't you? I know I would.

Soon, real soon it will be real.

25-Apr-16
I have a screen grab of mine reshuffled last year.

Reshuffled to 2, 1, 3.

I drew 1.

Doesn't seem to mean anything.

25-Apr-16
You guys are giving me a headache....

25-Apr-16
The sequence in my bear apps was 12345 and I drew nothing

25-Apr-16
check your apps from the past two years and a lot of your questions and wonderings will be answered.

of course, the rest of the story should start to show up around 4 tomorrow afternoon.

25-Apr-16
Last year, my dad and my party app had our elk in the 2-1-3 order and we didn't draw.

My deer app had me as 1-2-3 and I drew my 3rd choice.

It does not mean you drew or didn't draw.

25-Apr-16
I checked my apps from this year and last year. It seems the hunts sorted themselves by dates and, if the dates were the same, by hunt code.

25-Apr-16
Yesterday mine was in 312 order, today it's 123. Hunt date and hunt code aren't in order either.

25-Apr-16
I'm not in that big of a hurry to learn that I didn't draw

25-Apr-16
My hunt choices are now in the order I applied for. I almost agree with Darrell.

I think it is pretty obvious that none of this means anything.

25-Apr-16
An hour ago mine were 123 9PM Eastern time. Now they are 231, 1032 PM. I looked at my last year application and they stayed 123 (did not draw). My areas are not in any type of numerical order either. They are all over the place. Weird that it changed this late.

25-Apr-16
It "could" be that they have a bug in their ordering sequence when querying their database...

All the theories on what each order means which choice you drew cracks me up. I'm a programmer, and I'm here to tell you, people just don't code that way...

Carry on...

25-Apr-16
This exact same thing happened last year. Much ado about nothing. GL in the draw guys. One or two more days.

25-Apr-16
This my year to return to elk hunting paradise!

26-Apr-16
so - with no back door this year - when is the soonest we will be able to see if we drew a tag on the NM website?

26-Apr-16
According to the G&F e-mail I got yesterday, results will be up at 10 AM tomorrow.

26-Apr-16
if they are going to make everyone check the website tomorrow it will surely crash. An early email would be nice??

26-Apr-16
the release from yesterday read that results will be up by 10 a.m., successful applicants will receive emails, and refunds will be issed this week.

26-Apr-16
not seeing anything yet, noon on west coast, anyone else?

26-Apr-16
smurph....results are supposedly coming out tomorrow 4/27, not today.

26-Apr-16
My bad, thanks, getting too anxious.

26-Apr-16
Tmrw at 10am mountain time

26-Apr-16
I am guessing e-mails will start shortly after 8am. earlyriser....this is NM and not AZ website. :-).

26-Apr-16
they used to send emails out the evening before. this is their way of getting back for all the backdoor stuff...

26-Apr-16
HDE, you are probably right!

Good luck everyone!!!

26-Apr-16
Like a bunch of vultures sitting around waiting for the lions to eat their fill of the cape buffalo.

26-Apr-16
I'm a honey badger! I want my share now!!!!!

27-Apr-16
Looks like it's working now!! The License Add backdoor method.

Try to add a $65 game hunting license from the License Sales page. It will allow you to add it to your cart if you did not draw anything. If you did draw something, it will say it conflicts with a previous purchase.

27-Apr-16
The "License Add" didn't work for me but it worked one day last week.

Only six more hours ...

27-Apr-16
and still PENDING....

27-Apr-16
I don't know if I drew or not but it said "conflicts with a previous purchase" for me last night. :)

27-Apr-16
Got the conflicts with a previous purchase as well for both me and my wife. Doubt that's an indicator with the impossible hunts we put in for. 5:53 am mountain time.

27-Apr-16
Sounds like everyone drew! Less than 4 hours left.

27-Apr-16
I can still add the license. I heard this year they reversed it and, if you drew, you can add the license.

27-Apr-16
I checked the License Add method for 10 applicants including myself. Only one of us could not add the license because of conflict with a previous purchase.

27-Apr-16
All these theories were a bunch of BS

27-Apr-16
Prior to the draw, my hunt codes were rearranged chronologically by date but 3-1-2 by choice number. Really excited to say that I drew my first choice!!! Don't think that the backdoor described above was accurate... but not complaining either :) Pete

28-Apr-16
The add license backdoor was working starting Tuesday night late. I also think the military thing worked. Everything else was bogus.

28-Apr-16
Theories are BS? No, the whole draw process is BS...

28-Apr-16
Darrell is right I could add a license all week till late Tuesday night then it wouldn't let me. I did draw deer and antelope. All others were bs

• Sitka Gear