Shiras 27-Apr-16
Thunder Head 27-Apr-16
Paul@thefort 27-Apr-16
buzz mc 28-Apr-16
26-Apr-16

Cazador's Link
Kuiu hunt Montana, wow!

26-Apr-16
Amazing place. Though none of us will ever have the chance to hunt it. Celebrity does have its privileges.

I doubt 20k could get it done, and if so, only if you "knew" someone.

26-Apr-16
Great to see habitat like that though -- even if I'd never get to hunt it.

26-Apr-16
Steve, it's a lot less that 20K and anyone willing to pay can hunt it.

26-Apr-16
Fantastic footage and great hunt.

26-Apr-16

wild1's Link
SteveB+1

Beautiful property and beautiful elk, no doubt about it. Having said that, I'm WAY more impressed by the DIY elk hunters on Bowsite, than a pay-to-play elk hunts on high dollar private ranches.

26-Apr-16
Backcountry - or does anyone have the details on this place then? Pricing etc?

I picture this as elk hunting used to be. Would be great to do this hunt...but bet it's out of most of our price ranges.

26-Apr-16
Awesome footage, but not reality for us DIY guys...

26-Apr-16
Nice video of a special place. I'm glad it's being hunted by someone.

26-Apr-16
Yeah, Awesome hunt and great scenery.....

......what a ranch!

26-Apr-16
What did you think about shot? I've seen that outcome. Low and back seems like they take some time even though it looks like a good shot. Same deal, elk trotted a few yards, then simply lay down.

26-Apr-16
That was awesome! I couldn't imagine being around that many big bulls and holding off on so many close encounters. I dont think it would be in the 20k range.

26-Apr-16
Reminds me allot of the hunt I went on in Wy on my buddies ranch he guides on. Brings back allot of great memories, can't wait to build up enough points to go back! He only takes one bow hunter a week and we saw about 200-700 a day, the only problem was there were to many elk. Not a bad problem to have thou! :)

26-Apr-16
What an incredible video! Kudos for Jason not shooting any of the other bulls he saw prior to getting this monster. Patients was definitely the factor that gave him an absolute trophy!

26-Apr-16
Great scenery and great elk.

Got a question tho?

At the shot, it looked like the elk was facing left. Upon recovery the arrow had penetrated the right side not the left.

Maybe I missed something?

26-Apr-16
I've hunted up against that ranch and it was great. Same place that Will Primos used to go to and film on. Not sure why they stopped?

26-Apr-16
Great Hunt, but the CA Ranch is a high dollar outfitted hunt. It is located between the Bridger Mountains (north of Bozeman) and the very southern end of the Big Belts. As KB stated, this is where the Primos "boys" use to archery hunt.

26-Apr-16
Great footage and a beautiful place for sure. Must be nice to afford that price tag. I'm sure it's not cheap.

26-Apr-16
KB,

I believe the Primos crew now hunts on a ranch to the north in the Big Belt Mountains.

26-Apr-16
so thats where all the bulls went.

26-Apr-16
Cnelk I think the footage shown was misleading. He stated the bull left and came back with cows.

26-Apr-16
wow! can't wait for September, great video of "elk Disney land".

interesting; the up close footage of everything but the shot and the arrow did seem to be on the opposite side

26-Apr-16
Very nice video!

26-Apr-16
When he walks up to the elk it looks like he only has a couple arrows in his quiver - must have shot it again?

Too bad they had to have that damn music - that sure wrecked the hunt - with the music you can't hear what they are saying (at least I couldn't). Other than that it was a fantastic hunt.

26-Apr-16
Pretty entertaining.

Wonder why he got such poor penetration for a center body shot?

26-Apr-16
Is it just me or does it seem that arrow should be on the other side of that bull.

26-Apr-16
Center body shots tend not to be muscle and organs but compacted forage which tend to offer more resistance to arrows! } >>>>~~~~~+

26-Apr-16
44yds, isn't close. I can't say for sure, but it looks like he was using a mechanical but dead is dead and anyone who has shot an elk before I'm sure has seen arrows not penetrate at times.

I think the angle was simply footage of the bull, to give the viewer a glimpse. It looks like it happened fast, the got some tape, but the rest is histor, excellent hunt and footage. Id be there ever year!

27-Apr-16
Cool video. What I find interesting is that Jason's pack looked to be pretty full of "stuff". What that stuff was, I don't know, but considering this was a ranch hunt where the truck probably wasnt too far away, it begs the question what could he have been carrying? Maybe some of that was just for show.

I don't know....... maybe I'm just being picky.

27-Apr-16
It was an advertisement for Kuiu and a great advertising expense write off. I would do that for him every year. Great video and I really enjoyed it. But you cant take much away from the actually kill. They obviously did not get it on video so much was staged.

27-Apr-16
Didn't he say that he snuck in for a follow up shot. It wasn't real clear, but I think that is what you are seeing with that arrow.

27-Apr-16
That will get you fired up!!!

I couldn't find a website for the ranch. I did find out pricing for the Bar none which is in the same area. Runs around $15,000

27-Apr-16
Veyr nicely done but I can hardly afford to purchase a full Kuiu outfit.

Had to look closely the second time, to see the killing arrow in flight.

Paul

28-Apr-16
Awesome video. Thanks for posting it.

• Sitka Gear