trophyhilll 05-May-16
Booner 05-May-16
Mike Vines 06-May-16
ixsolracxi 06-May-16
Mathewsman 06-May-16
Royboy 08-May-16
ElkNut1 08-May-16
05-May-16
Just wanted to give a public shout out to Paul aka Elknut1. I called him for a little advice and he gave me over an hour on the phone to help me out. It is guys like him that make this site what it is.

Thanks again Matt

05-May-16
Paul has always been more than willing to take some time to answer questions and explain elk hunting things. I am not trying to get anyone to call him, but if you do, give yourself some time. You will go away feeling you just left a college level class on elk hunting tactics. He not only answers your question, but explains everything you need to know about the situation. Personally I would rather people asked their questions here, so we could all see what his thoughts are. But no doubt, Paul will give you some great advise over the phone.

05-May-16
Had a similar experience with Paul years ago. I had some questions when I bought his DVD's/calls. He went way above and beyond all my expectations when it comes to customer service! ;-)

05-May-16
Same experience here, posted last year that I was wanting to learn to hunt elk and immediately Paul responded that I should call him and he even offered to spend a weekend in person showing me the ropes and taking me out to elk country to see what it's all about if I was to fly out there! He took time out of his own life to help me, someone he's never even heard of! Which of course I took him up on that offer. I don't think you could ask for a better more helpful guy. He didn't try to push any product on me to buy or anything. It aggravates me to see ppl bash him and he will always be an A+ guy in my book!

05-May-16
I had the same experience last year. I was looking for calls and trying to get started. He gave me his number and spent about an hour on the phone with me. I learned a lot.

05-May-16
Same here.. Super nice guy. Willing to help. Just ask. He hooked me up with a couple of guys that told me of areas to hunt in Wyoming. Never pushed any of his products on me. I bought his full line of DVDS and calls. My wife sits upstairs and listens to me practice. A month later, she's asking me, "was that you or the DVD"?? Thanks Paul.

05-May-16
Thanks guys, I appreciate the fact that several of you have spoken so kindly about our conversations. Please feel to call me anytime, no problem at all, as you know I enjoy talking elk! (grin) Thank you!

Paul

05-May-16
Yep that's Paul. Awesome!

05-May-16
Great Guy supper help always wants you to kill a bull bigger than his( grin) :).Agree post questions so all can get his answer or advice. Bought his DVD's and learned a ton.He loves to talk elk and for a new guy I sit and listen for ever and never say a word and when he is done wonder how I could remember half of what he said. Thanks again

06-May-16
" and for a new guy I sit and listen for ever and never say a word and when he is done wonder how I could remember half of what he said."

Before I call anyone, that I plan to pick their brain...Paul included...I always have a pad of paper and 3 ink pens (I like redundancy) within reach. This way I can always go back and check my notes.

Thank you for the advice Paul, AND also everyone else willing to share their knowledge freely with guys who are looking for more than just a 2 week camping trip.

06-May-16
Paul is a great person to ask for advice but be prepared to talk for a while it's not a bad thing, i have enjoyed the handfull of chats we have had in the past...

06-May-16
I had never bow hunted for elk before last yr, i had rifle hunted several yrs though. I spoke to Paul 3x over the ph spending a lot of time asking questions. He gave me a lot of great info n tips. I also bought his book n dvds, learned alot from those two items also! Bec of a great deal of help from him, I was able to kill a bull the first morning after calling it up to 25 yrds. I then went on to call bulls up for my son n hunting buddy over the next two days. Thanks again Paul!

08-May-16
Also have talked with Paul, good guy for sure.

08-May-16
Hey guys, thanks for the comments, I do remember most you folks, I appreciate the calls too, nothing like talking elk! (grin)

ElkNut1

• Sitka Gear