Matt Sheterom 09-May-16
Unit 9er 09-May-16
BigMo 09-May-16
Dyjack 09-May-16
Matt From Ohio 20-Jun-16
midwest 20-Jun-16
HDE 22-Jun-16
09-May-16
I drew my first NM license this season! 2nd Archery Season on the Valles Caldera, anyone ever hunt it? Thanks, excited!

09-May-16
The parameters have changed there this year, have they not? You will be the first group to hunt this out of the public draw in some years, I think.

Lots of elk...

09-May-16
I drew the same hunt last year and had great success! I'm more than happy to give you some information on it. I believe I still have my maps as well. Email me at [email protected]. I got a lot of help from guys on this site last year and am more than happy to share the wealth! mike

09-May-16
Better buy a lotto ticket, lucky guy. Not sure what the road access will be like. I've heard they aren't allowing people to drive a lot of the roads in there, but they might make exceptions for the hunts. You'll need to decide where you want to camp at they don't allow you camp within the Valle unless they changed it. Could get a motel in la cueva if you want to have it a little kush.

20-Jun-16
Thanks everyone, I am hunting with a guy who knows his way around there, more help is never a bad thing!!

20-Jun-16

midwest's Link
Be careful out there!

22-Jun-16
2nd archery in VC? I feel so sad for you ;)

With the roads pretty much being closed, I'd pack in a couple of miles and cold camp. Hunting the northern stuff wouldn't be a bad hit (old hunt unit 13 I think). I think most people will hunt areas closer to roads.

Had the 1st hunt a couple of years ago. That's what I'd do - pack in.

• Sitka Gear