coelker 10-May-16
Charlie Rehor 10-May-16
Bowhunter 10-May-16
ElkNut1 10-May-16
drycreek 10-May-16
LKH 12-May-16
Mule Power 12-May-16
10-May-16
I just happened to remember that I sent my cow elk teeth in for aging last fall. I could not find my tag number to look up online but called the lab and a very pleasant worker there took my call and info, then called me back with my cow's age. Very professional and didn't act like I was interrupting her coffee break. She wanted to know how the meat tasted from my 11 1/2 yr old cow!

10-May-16
Well, how was the meat? (grin)

ElkNut1

10-May-16
It was good but I do a LOT of burger!

10-May-16
Yup lots of burger, sausage, brats and the premium cuts go to steak.

10-May-16
I shot a buck in WY and had the teeth tested. All they could say was the buck was in an age class of 14+ because they never seen such old teeth. I wished I had that buck mounted. He was spot and stalk archery kill, full velvet with a slicked out grey cape.

At any rate, someone from the lab was curious and contacted me about the meat quality. We had already consumed almost 60% of the meat and it ate the same as any deer we had ever tried.

Ny buddy still claims that the only reason I could kill the buck was because he was so old and geriatric. He probably could not hear see or smell...

10-May-16
Very nice to hear! Congrats to both you and the Wyo Lab person.

10-May-16
Would love to see a picture of that buck co Elker!

10-May-16
Glad to hear the meat was good, can't go wrong with lots of burger! Thanks!

ElkNut1

10-May-16
I've talked to Wyo G&F on several occasions and have always found them to be very courteous and helpful.

12-May-16
I've dealt with Wyoming on several issues over the years. They are the most competent, friendly state around. If you goof something up, they will do their best to fix it.

I just wish it was easier to get tags, but that's capitalism.

12-May-16
Always a pleasant experience and I always get the answer I'm looking for. One of the best fish and game departments in my opinion.

• Sitka Gear