elknutTX 20-May-16
KY EyeBow 23-May-16
MK111 23-May-16
Sam S 24-May-16
chris fleming 24-May-16
DrDeniseJ 26-May-16
BGHUNTER00 26-May-16
11-May-16
As in all the years past.........no tags for me.

11-May-16
Me either. But ... at least "they appreciate my participation" so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

11-May-16
Nothing for me.

11-May-16
Zip for me

11-May-16
Ace + 1

11-May-16

IdyllwildArcher's Link

11-May-16
Not selected. 3rd swing-and-a-miss in as many days.

11-May-16
Not Selected for Elk Quota

We are sorry, but you were not selected for the Elk Quota hunt this season. Although you were not drawn this year, we appreciate your participation, which helps to fund the Kentucky Elk Management and Research Program. This funding helps to ensure a quality elk herd that provides hunting and recreational opportunities related to elk in Kentucky. Please re-apply for next year’s Elk Quota Hunt Drawing. Until then, we wish you the very best with your outdoor pursuits!

11-May-16
Is everyone applying as a NR?

Last time I looked at the odds they were <1%. Is the cost still $20 to put in?

11-May-16
Nothing for me again. Ohiohunter- it's$10 per tag option.

12-May-16
Nope. Resident here and still no tag.

One of my good friends did draw a bull tag though so I am happy for him.

12-May-16
Apply every year as a resident. Never been drawn.

12-May-16
Ok, then the $20 cost was b/c you can put in for both bull and cow, right? The success rates are impressive and if I were still in OH I'd be putting in, someone has to draw. Congrats to your friend BF.

12-May-16
My brother put in for a "any tag" option. He drew a Cow elk rifle. So im happy, I get to go on 2 different elk hunts this year.

12-May-16
Same as Bowfreak and Salt. I'm a resident and I've never been drawn. I put in for Bull Archery and Bull Firearm. It costs $10 per entry. They have made it where you can put in for as many as 4 different options now, cow-archery and firearm, bull--archery and firearm, so if you did all, it would cost $40. Just a way for the KDFWR to get more of your money IMO. I have just put in for the Bull hunts to date. Congrats to those who have drawn!!

12-May-16
Swing and a miss...again.

12-May-16
Just found out they appreciate me too.

12-May-16

BGHUNTER00's embedded Photo
BGHUNTER00's embedded Photo
Someone has to draw boys! My brother got lucky last year, DIY!

17-May-16
For those of you that are interested:

Kentucky Quota Elk Hunt Drawing Results Now Available Online to Applicants Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife 800-858-1549 FRANKFORT, Ky. (May 11, 2016) — Applicants for the 2016 Kentucky quota elk hunt may now visit the “My Profile” tab at fw.ky.gov to view the results from the 2016-17 season permit drawing.

Kentucky will issue 900 general and 10 youth quota elk hunting permits.

The independent drawing, to determine the winners and the type of permit to be issued, was conducted by Commonwealth Office of Technology. This year, 34,280 people from as far away as Hawaii and Alaska submitted 74,953 applications for the hunt.

Those drawn for an elk hunt will receive a notification letter in the mail. Hunters are responsible for finding their hunting location. Successful applicants have until midnight (ET) July 1 to apply for a limited entry area.

Hunters have a variety of resources available on the department’s website to help them decide where to go, including previous harvest results for each county and tract of public land. Since not all public lands have elk, hunters should look up elk harvest results from previous years to help guide their decision on where to apply.

The department also encourages drawn hunters to thoroughly research potential hunting spots by talking to someone who has hunted elk in Kentucky, visiting the area to scout and interviewing some of Kentucky's licensed elk guides.

Hunters should note that Levisa Fork Limited Entry Area in Pike County has been designated an Active Restoration Area and will be closed to elk hunting this year.

Kentucky, which supports the biggest elk herd east of the Rocky Mountains, opened a season for elk in 2001.

17-May-16
Nobody drew at my house!

17-May-16
Guess I'll try again next year

17-May-16
Zilch for me. Again....

17-May-16
I didn't draw either but my brother drew two years in a row! One cow rifle and one cow archery so it's always worth a shot.

20-May-16
dang BGHUNTER looks to be big 5x5 congrats id smile big too

20-May-16
hi KY eyebow read pcst says sucessfulapp till 12pm july 1 im confuzeddd I haven't app. before can I put in for limit entry

23-May-16
Sounds like you drew, elknutTX. I'd call the fish and wildlife department if I were you. I'm sure they will be willing to help. Congrats!!!

23-May-16
My friend drew a NR cow tag in 2015 and was the 1st try. Tagged out in 30 minutes.

24-May-16
11 yrs and still no draw for me

24-May-16
I drew a cow archery!! Third year applying.

26-May-16
I drew a cow tag, but cannot find anyone to help me to hunt KY elk. I am a female archer and am experienced hunting whitetails, but dont think I should try this myself. Anyone want to help me???? I can help pay expenses and for time. Outfitters are all booked..

26-May-16
Hey Denise, look up Tina at Beaver Creek Outfitters. We didn't hunt with her, but she was a big help with planning our trip. If she can't help you I bet she can point you in the right direction. If you decide to go DIY and you have an at large tag PM me and I can point you in a few directions.

• Sitka Gear