kyrob 13-May-16
kyrob 13-May-16
Jaquomo 13-May-16
Swamp Buck 13-May-16
elkmtngear 14-May-16
Z Barebow 15-May-16
ohiohunter 15-May-16
12-May-16
Didn't someone on here sell this type elk decoy? I can't remember the name nor find any info on them. Can't find a search function here either. Is it still available?

12-May-16
http://elkmtngear.com/

To find search function, go to "Big Game Forums," then look to right of bright green "New Topic" button ...

12-May-16
Thanks for the info.

13-May-16
kyrob, I just returned my Slip System Umbrella to elk mountain. I received it about a month ago and was very happy with the quality of the product but when I ordered it the elk covers were on back order. After waiting a while for them to get off of back order I emailed the owner of the company, Jeff Ervin and asked when they would be available, Jeff informed me that he is trying to sell the company and he is not going to do another run of those covers. It's to bad because the umbrella piece was nice. And oh by the way I mean no disrespect to Jeff, he agreed to let me return the product no problem.

13-May-16
Thanks for the info buddy. I noticed there weren't any elk covers shown on their website. I'll check out some others.

13-May-16
Thanks for the info buddy. I noticed there weren't any elk covers shown on their website. I'll check out some others.

13-May-16

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
That's a bummer because the elk butt and the cow elk both work great. This bull is peering over the top of the cow elk slip at me from a few feet away. I worked right into the herd while sneaking behind it, then after he finished staring at me and walked away, I worked back out of the herd and none of the cows or bulls were alarmed.

Great tool. Too bad Jeff couldn't find a mass-market distributor because that's what he needed to keep it going. He's a great guy and it's a great product. I hope he can find a buyer that will keep it going.

13-May-16
He should go on Shark Tank...

14-May-16
Just saw this, I appreciate everyone chiming in.

Swamp Buck, we submitted our info to Shark Tank about 3 years ago (online)...never heard a word back.

You know how mainstream TV and hunting coexist...not sure if a hunting product that helps give the hunter an "unfair advantage" would be well-received?

It was a hard decision not do do a re-print on the elk covers, because they were by far the number one sellers. I have Bowsite to thank for much of those sales, I was proud to be a Sponsor here for about 5 years.

Just don't have the time or the resources to continue running the Business anymore. I did have a Bowsiter contact me Yesterday regarding buying the Company...so, you never know...it's still possible we could have the covers before September.

Best of Luck, Jeff

15-May-16
That is too bad Jeff.

I have Jeff's system with an elk cover as well as MD cover. Even though I didn't decoy an elk this past fall with it, it is one of the best pieces of equipment I have in my arsenal. The versatility is unmatched as a trekking pole, camera mount, decoy and yes, an umbrella. (I liked the umbrella feature most!)

15-May-16
I have one and I'd like to add the butt cover to it.

• Sitka Gear