Elk
Contributors to this thread:
mr elk 18-May-16
Beendare 18-May-16
bear 20-May-16
md5252 25-May-16
BowmanMD 06-Jun-16
18-May-16
I have some slots left available for the second and third week of Sept. We pack into our camp horseback that is accessed only through our place. Camp is fully set up in excellent elk country, otc either sex tag, units 75 and 751. This is a diy camp, bring your own food, personal gear. Price is $1600 per person for a full seven day hunt. Thanks Dan Great divide outfitters 970-884-2372

18-May-16
So you are the guy that lives right across from the feeder into lemon, right?

20-May-16
YOU GUYS COULD NOT FIND A BETTER OUTFIT AND OWNER TO BOWHUNT ELK WITH THAN DAN NEWMAN - GREAT DIVIDE OUTFITTERS. HE IS TOP DRAWER. AND YES - I DO KNOW HIM PERSONALLY

25-May-16
Thanks for the info Dan. Sounds like a great hunt.

What does a fully set up camp include exactly? Also, how far away from any access points are your DIY camps and hunting areas located? My understanding is that this is a public land hunt accessed only though private land?

Thanks, Mike

06-Jun-16
We hunted with Dan a few years back and he has a great camp, just not any elk, at least not when we were there (early September). We hunted all week and never saw a single elk and we hiked and glassed a LOT! And all of us had experience hunting elk before so it wasn't because we didn't know what we were doing. To be fair, we did hear two bulls, but never could get close. Not his fault that the elk weren't there, but that's the problem with a drop camp--you get 4-6 guys hunting out of the same camp week after week and the elk kind of figure it out.

• Sitka Gear