ilandhunter 11-Jun-16
Aspen Ghost 11-Jun-16
BowCrossSkin 11-Jun-16
Hossfisher 12-Jun-16
Tdiesel 13-Jun-16
Aspen Ghost 17-Jun-16
Hossfisher 18-Jun-16
23-May-16
I'm trying to figure out if I'll get my Colorado elk permit before my trip to Colorado June 11th since it is also a fishing permit.

Anyone remember when they got their Colorado elk permit last year?

23-May-16
I think you will have it by then.

11-Jun-16
Well, I haven't received it yet. So do I have to have the permit in my physical possession while fishing? Or can I just tell the game warden it's in the mail?

11-Jun-16
If you go to a Walmart or any place that sells them, I think they can look it up and print you a copy.

11-Jun-16
In the Big Game brochure it says a duplicate costs half the price of the tag or $25 whichever is less so I don't think they'll print me out another one without shelling out more moolah.

11-Jun-16
check with DOW the fishing license may not activate till elk season opens. not sure but I would check

11-Jun-16
Its suppose to be an annual permit, not a 4 week permit. They claim it has a $56 value which is what a full annual NF fishing permit costs.

11-Jun-16
i believe its $5 bucks for a duplicate fishing license.

However call them and do please complain. Your fishing license should be sent out Immediately, it has no waiting period.

I will call monday cause its always something different each year in the time frame at which everything comes out!!!!! Last year I had all my tags by now and refunds???

12-Jun-16
Just got back from fishing in CO near Durango.

Called CPW last week before leaving and was told by supervisor that they know about the situation and have written instructions to tell us to copy your online licenses purchased page showing you have NR Elk license. Also keep copy of your CID etc with you. If you get stopped show the officer your copies and you are good to go. He may check your records for himself but probably won't.

Doesn't solve the fishing in May issue but helps after the draw.

Don't spend any extra money! Not needed.

I just wish it was a small game license since that would not be needed until fall. Love those mountain chickens!

13-Jun-16
when you purchase there is a temporary authorization number usually in red on top of the page that can be used if license hasn't come yet

17-Jun-16
There must not be a consistent policy at CPW. I called their Montrose office Monday and was told I needed to buy a 1 day or 5 day permit if my elk/fishing combo permit hadn't arrived yet. They pretty much gave me the standard United Airlines response of "too bad but we really don't care".

I asked whether just buying a second rod permit for $5 would be an option. They said no. I was tempted to just go buy a 2nd rod permit at a vendor to see what would happen but decided instead I'd rather go up in the mountains and look for elk.

There was no mention of carrying a printout of the online licenses purchased.

18-Jun-16
Aspen, I bought a second rod permit back when I first submitted my app for a preference point! Online system had no trouble accepting my money! Shows up on my licenses purchased page along with my NR OTC elk license.

I called the main headquarters at 303-297-1192 and the first person I talked to seemed to know the issue. He checked with his supervisor said I was told to carry the printout.

I imagine the main headquarters get a lot more calls about this then the other field offices e.g., Montrose. They seemed to know immediately what I was calling about and the solution. Try their number.

Hope this helps.

PS: I made the mistake of buying a yearly NR fishing last year before I realized one came with the Elk permit. Ouch!!!!

• Sitka Gear