Pyrannah 09-Jun-16
cityhunter 09-Jun-16
Butternut40 10-Jun-16
APauls 10-Jun-16
ilandhunter 10-Jun-16
bpctcb 10-Jun-16
billygoat 11-Jun-16
09-Jun-16
My new job has left me with few vacation options, and I just got approved for the only time left during archery season. My regular hunting partners have their plans laid out already and I prefer not to hunt alone anymore, especially with the horses. Here are a few parameters:

1) Dates 8/25 through 9/3. 2) You need a fair comfort level with horses. They are mine and did great last year. 3) Promise not to come back in following seasons without invite. Obviously unenforceable, but I would like a gentleman's agreement.

I moved to CO from WI in '07 and hunted various units, this particular unit the last few years. I'm 49 years old and in better than average physical condition. Not to sound like a dating ad, but I would prefer a non-smoking, Christian, conservative type. For convenience, I'm in the Black Forest area, but that doesn't matter a whole lot. Shoot me a PM if this might fit in for you, or if you would like more particulars.

09-Jun-16
Meet all your parameters. I will be rifle hunting OTC unit and. MZ in NM this year. Been hunting out west every yr since 89. I am in good shape for a old guy that loves being in the elk woods. Since I am retired dates are no problem... Live in Missouri right now. We have home for sale and are looking in the Woodland Park, Divide area to relocate. If u don't get a better offer give me a shout.

09-Jun-16
I would have loved to do this if I hadn't drawn NM and didn't hate horses. :)

09-Jun-16
Thanks retired, will keep that in mind. Good luck with the move!

09-Jun-16
This post makes me wish I didn't draw my long awaited WI bear permit. Good luck this season, this is an outstanding offer.

09-Jun-16
Unchained......his hunt is through September 3rd. You will be back for the WI bear hunt which doesn't open this year until the 7th.

I will be in CO OTC hunting from August 27-Sept 5th. Back to hunt WI bears on opener the 7th, leave for WY elk 8th-30th.

09-Jun-16
Well, you had me interested but then I couldn't get Trump out of my mind. Good Luck.

09-Jun-16
PM sent

09-Jun-16
Pm sent

09-Jun-16
i take my elk hunting too serious to hunt with a stranger. it could work or be a bad camping trip.

09-Jun-16
city, do u have friends to hut with year over year? if you do, congrats, its tough...

im not experienced to go alone, but i would love to be able to go every year.. hard as hell to find someone to fo with me..

09-Jun-16
pyrannah i learned early on in life if i waited for others to do things then i wouldnt have done half the things ive done .. I luv hunting elk solo in the back country i enjoy being alone for weeks .

10-Jun-16
Cityhunter makes a good point. Life will slip by if one waits on others.

I've been on a horse twice in my life, once when a pretty blond was riding by my house and asked me if I wanted a ride :) True story and second time a few years ago in Montana. Dang trail riding horse made me feel like a kid taking a pony ride. No get up and go.

Billygoat's offer is a great one. Time would not work otherwise I would throw my name in the hat. Hope you find a good partner for this year.

10-Jun-16
If you needed someone next year I'd be in. What an offer.

10-Jun-16
I'm pretty sure there will be some lengthy conversations and screening before each hunter commits.

10-Jun-16
Like cityhunter I don't wait on anyone, but last year I was contacted by a stranger (fellow Bowsiter) and I took a chance on him. We did the pre-hunt interview and I couldn't find a reason not to like him. Anyways...we hunted together and had a grand time! Keep your eyes peeled; you should be reading a Bowsite thread about our adventure in the very near future.

BP

11-Jun-16
I will reply back to those who have PMed me tomorrow, hopefully. Thanks everyone for your interest.

In 2007, I killed a cow about 4-1/2 miles back in a wilderness area by myself. The weather turned from a nice, sunny morning to snow. By the next morning, there was 6" at the TH, and about 10" where the bagged meat was hanging. I always wanted to get an elk and haul it out on my own. Glad I got that done... Once was enough!

• Sitka Gear