Royboy 18-Jun-16
oldgoat 18-Jun-16
Ermine 18-Jun-16
LKH 19-Jun-16
CO Bow Stalker 20-Jun-16
Elkaddict 20-Jun-16
Jaquomo 20-Jun-16
17-Jun-16
Hey everyone! I'm looking into getting an elk decoy, specifically Montana rump or Heads up Cow elk head? Does anyone have opinions or experience with either or any other? I'll be solo hunting.

Thanks for helping

17-Jun-16
I have a Montana Rump Decoy I'd be willing to part with for about half the price of a new one. I know many have had great luck with them, but where I hunt is quite thick. I've had less than ideal results with it on a couple occasions, but I'm sure it's because the elk were too close when they saw it. Send me a PM with your contact info if you're interested.

17-Jun-16
You also may want to consider the Extreme Predator Decoy, I picked one up for this year & like it over the Heads Up & MT ones which I own both of, just a thought!

ElkNut1

18-Jun-16
Love the heads up,it's always in my hand and for two years has proven itself. Was glassine some elk at 400 yards and this satellite bull came into view( I knew the herd bull wouldn't leave his cows) I cow called and waved the decoy at him and he immediately dropped his head and started trotting straight to me. Unfortunately after a couple minutes and him out of sight I moved at the same time he popped out in front of me at 50 yards,game over. Just the best!

18-Jun-16
I like the heads up, but wish it had a good clip on it to mount it to a limb, it's kind of a pain to use hunting solo. I've had good experience and bad with Montana Decoys, all depends on the scenario.

18-Jun-16
I like the heads up decoy. They make a big clamp that you can clamp to trees

19-Jun-16
I've used the heads up while guiding and find it very useful. I try to not be very visible behind the hunter 30-40 yards. It's the color and a small amount of movement in the brush that seems to work best.

20-Jun-16
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm thinking the heads up decoy is the way I'll go with a clip to hang on a tree. But the ultimate predator gear decoy looks great too!

20-Jun-16
Heads up Decoy, hands down.....pun maybe intended.

I rig mine with a little 550 cord, a small clip, and I can do about anything with it I want. Very versatile, light, effective.

20-Jun-16
Heads Up makes a serious clip bracket to attach to a tree, Works very well. The only problem I've ever had with tree attachments with any 2D decoy is that the breeze can move them. I had a bull turn inside out last year when a little breeze blew through as he was looking at them.

• Sitka Gear