midwest 22-Jun-16
Butternut40 22-Jun-16
bigeasygator 22-Jun-16
bigeasygator 22-Jun-16
bigeasygator 22-Jun-16
Inshart 22-Jun-16
t-roy 22-Jun-16
19-Jun-16
Elk hunting is a passion of mine for sure. But there comes a time to set aside one passion for another and that is WALLEYE FISHING! Like 'Midwest' told me "You can take the boy out of Minnesota, but you cant take Minnesota outta the boy'

I went out at daybreak with my GF the past couple mornings and set the hook on some nice 'eyes.

Some nice fish for Colorado - reminds me of my home on Lake of the Woods

photo ECD36102-7765-43C3-82EB-49C2BB00A226_zpsb2my0meu.jpg

photo 60B3E283-4478-4B5A-94FB-EB86B146A3D9_zpseambkhoc.jpg

Caught this one this morning on Fathers Day

photo BC8B94D2-E839-4DAB-9532-2B57F87848BB_zps6c4v0oda.png

photo 46A00183-20B4-4584-9AC9-9727FB7F1296_zpsoeoibw4v.jpg

19-Jun-16

19-Jun-16
Yep, love those wallygators! Although bowhunting elk's my greatest passion, catching (and eating) 'eyes are right up there!

19-Jun-16
Very nice & well done! There should be several great meals there!

ElkNut1

19-Jun-16
Had no idea you were from MN. Very cool! I grew up fishing Mille Lacs from a very early age. More into bass these days in the "off season". Lol! Great pics! Thanks for sharing! TODDY

19-Jun-16
Very cool. I also spent time as a young buck in Minnesota and from Baudette one summer vacation. Best walleye fishing of my life! So if I may ask, as I also live in Colorado now, where did you catch these fish?

19-Jun-16
"It aint all about elk hunting"

My first thought was "who is this blasphemer?". But I agree...fishing is a close second place! Nice fish Brad. Happy Fathers day.

19-Jun-16
Don't forget the cheeks!!

19-Jun-16
I have not fished in Montana in about 30 years Fish smell. My place in the breaks is about 25 miles from Fort Peck Lake I have a buddy that comes over to fish it several times a year. When I'm to old to elk hunt then fishing mite get another look.

19-Jun-16
"So if I may ask, as I also live in Colorado now, where did you catch these fish?"

Sure you can ask..... But the only thing more secretive than an elk hunter is a walleye fisherman :)

"Don't forget the cheeks!!"

Yep. Got em

19-Jun-16
Good eatin' right there! I too throw down the bow, guns, and all hunting gear for a couple months to chase landlocked striper, the occasional catfish, walleye, small mouth bass,and basically any other fish that allows me to raft, wade, swim, or all do the three, in numerous rivers. I love it as much as any form of hunting.

Lord willing, I have a week long trip planned in July doing just that!!!!!!!!! There is something about standing in a river as the dark slips into daylight and, hooking into a big small mouth that is spiritual. I'm pumped! God Bless

19-Jun-16
Nice fish!! I used to catch a lot of nice eyes at Chatfield when I lived in Denver.

I haven't fished Mille lacs in 10 years. The last time was on 9 mile. Caught lots of 24 to 27 inch fish. Couldn't keep a one not that I wanted to.

July is coming up. The heat of the summer used to put the nice fish hanging out on the thermocline. They would move to the flats after dark. Great time to pull cranks and not even put the boat in the water till 10 pm. This of course was on ottertail.

19-Jun-16
Nice fish! When is the fish fry and beer?

19-Jun-16
Excellent! I caught a bunch of walleyes last week with OTCWill and this afternoon I caught a few dozen rainbows, browns and brooks brooks on the river. Good to see you're raging on them down there in town!

19-Jun-16
Nice catch.

19-Jun-16
Very nice, I'm so jealous!

20-Jun-16
Sometime remind me to tell you the story about how we used to "call" male walleyes in during the spawn by thrashing a stick in the shallows. Pretty funny and effective. Not sure what we were "saying" but it sure worked.

Assume yours were taken by spot and stalk?

20-Jun-16
"It aint all about elk hunting"

Yes it is!!!

Ed

20-Jun-16
Did you BUZZ em Lou?

20-Jun-16
No, but I "buzzed" in some trout in the dirty water in the stream today with a tiny propeller on the nose of a fly. Bzzzzzzzzzzzz!

20-Jun-16

njbuck's embedded Photo
njbuck's embedded Photo
I have to admit, as much as I love hunting, fishing is my true number one love. I actually got into fishing cause all my fishing buddies who are professional captains and mates would all go hunting on their vacations and they would ask me how I could be so into fishing but not hunting. No one in my family hunted so I figured if my buddies like it I might as well try it and the rest is history. Here is a nice walleye that I got a couple weeks ago. Not a common fish around here in NJ.

20-Jun-16

JLS's embedded Photo
JLS's embedded Photo
I love to fish.

20-Jun-16
"Nice fish! When is the fish fry and beer?"

Well, I just had a fish fry and beers on Memorial Day with paul@thefort, Aaron Johnson, Jaquomo and another buddy.

Who would be interested in coming to the next one?

20-Jun-16

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
My dog likes fishing.

20-Jun-16

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
He is pretty good at it too!

20-Jun-16

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
He is pretty good at it too!

20-Jun-16

Fulldraw1972's embedded Photo
I fished for walleyes more then anything. Heck I even guided for them. But I absolutely love catching smallmouth. Here is my nephew with his first smallmouth. Interesting Mille lacs is a phenomenal small mouth lake.

20-Jun-16

JLS here is my biggest largemouth. I never weighed her or measured her. Caught her and let her go. My dad fished that Bay hard for a week to try and find her again. Lol

20-Jun-16

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo
We pass some time catching walleyes until Muskie opener...

Here was friday

20-Jun-16

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo
And here's Saturday

20-Jun-16

Chief 419's embedded Photo
Chief 419's embedded Photo
We don't have walleye where I live, but bull reds are fun to catch. They're like hooking onto a Volkswagen.

20-Jun-16
Born in ND. Lived in MN for 20 years. So yes, walleyes are ranked #1, 2, and 3 on my favorite fish list.

But my priorities have shifted and I find myself wetting a line only once or twice a year.

Thanks for sharing!

20-Jun-16
Nice Walleyes!! I'd keep the 6 small ones, but would have let the two big ones go. I don't like the taste of the bigger ones. Too thick.

20-Jun-16
Wow! I never knew there were fish other than walleyes! Ha! Our family lives on them in the summertime. Every free minute we have in the summer is spent at 3D tournaments or catching walleyes for the grill. Then when the freezer is full in the fall and the hunting is done I switch over to perch until turkey season!

20-Jun-16
I gotta keep enough walleye for my annual 'archery elk camp fish fry' up on the mountain

photo DSC03609.jpg

20-Jun-16

20-Jun-16

SlipShot's embedded Photo
SlipShot's embedded Photo

20-Jun-16
Bigdan... I think I've figured out the problem.... do they let you use a .45 on em like in AK???

I've used mahi and tuna in the 15-20lb range as live bait before going for the reel smokin' leg burners....

Freshwater isn't all too exciting, more relaxing than heart pounding, don't know how it would be near bowhunting... but I love fishing for dinner. Those trout and such kick MH freeze dried all over the mountain....

20-Jun-16
Nary a one with a harpoon through it - is that a junk fish only pursuit due to regulations?

21-Jun-16

ChrisH.'s embedded Photo
ChrisH.'s embedded Photo
I love bowhunting like nothing else but fishing will always hold a special spot.

21-Jun-16

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
This one went back last week because Will and I already had our limit of 'eyes. That evening we also caught bass, perch, slab crappies, rock bass, a small musky, and Will caught a catfish on a walleye jig.

Today I interrupted my 5 mile elk training hike to catch some brookies along the way.

Life is about more than elk hunting.....

21-Jun-16
Heretic!

Do ya interrupt your fishing training to shoot an elk? heheheheh....

OK.... sometimes ya get to chase deer.... I can understand that.....=D

21-Jun-16
Cool fish pix fella's!

Good luck, Robb

21-Jun-16

wkochevar's embedded Photo
wkochevar's embedded Photo
Love my elk hunting but the off season is a good time of year...Still Plenty of time to hunt elk.

21-Jun-16

c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
Yepper, fishin be number 2 and trout be about number 3 or 4 to walleye for eatin :)

Cheers, Pete

21-Jun-16
I learned from this post that cnelk grew up about 2 1/2 miles from my house in the metropolis of graceton mn! Small world!

21-Jun-16

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Small world for sure!!

Nine years ago I taught my son how to catch Lake of the Woods walleyes :)

21-Jun-16

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Same day

21-Jun-16
I get outfished by my son all the time....I told him last weekend that he is old enough now that I'm going to quit going easy on him!

21-Jun-16

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
I do me some fishin' too

21-Jun-16

21-Jun-16

21-Jun-16

10-11 inch bluegills on the fly rod are a blast too!

21-Jun-16
Those all come out of Balsam Lake, Mike? ;-)

21-Jun-16
One of them did ;^)

21-Jun-16

AwHunt73's embedded Photo
AwHunt73's embedded Photo
Hanging with kids.

21-Jun-16

IowaHawkeye's embedded Photo
Canada fishing is great in the off season!

21-Jun-16

21-Jun-16

21-Jun-16

22-Jun-16
Great fish guys. We'll be making our annual trip to Canada July 8th... Im ready NOW!

22-Jun-16
Wow, amazing on the size of some of those fish. Makes a guy want to start fishing! I haven't fished for years & rarely pick up a fishing license. Good stuff!

ElkNut1

22-Jun-16
IowaHawkeye, Great muskies! Where do you fish out of on LOTW? We've always stayed at Ballard's but I've stayed on Oak Island up by the angle and fished all over that area many years ago.

22-Jun-16

Butternut40's embedded Photo
Butternut40's embedded Photo
Cnelk, nice stringer. I just got off of Leech and the walleye bite is going strong despite the mayfly hatch. Check out this 16-1/2" crappie I caught on a local lake.

22-Jun-16

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
No walleye here in LA...but they don't call it Sportsman's paradise for nuthin'!

22-Jun-16

22-Jun-16

22-Jun-16
Midwest - a good friend of mine built a place on Oak Island. A few years ago the 6 days we were there the wind was so bad we only got out a couple times - just enough for a good feast of fresh eyes.

22-Jun-16

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Getting ready to head up to NW Ontario in 2 days! Only missed going twice in the past 35 years. Went to Africa last year & to Alaska in 2006.

Dad will be 81 in Dec. & every year is even more precious than the year before. Hopefully he has several more trips left in him!

• Sitka Gear