WV Mountaineer 21-Aug-16
Elkaddict 22-Aug-16
jcneng 22-Aug-16
Cheesehead Mike 22-Aug-16
jcneng 22-Aug-16
midwest 22-Aug-16
Cheesehead Mike 23-Aug-16
23-Jun-16
I just ordered the new "Threat" bugle tube from Bugling Bull Game Calls. I have used a number of grunt tubes in the past but my favorites were the the Bully Bull grunt tube and the Extreme Bully Bull. I thought that I sounded pretty good with my old tubes but the new "Threat" tube is even better -- it is smaller, louder, the notes flow smoother, and there's no "plastic" sound to the tube. I can't believe what a big difference this new tube makes and how much more realistic I sound after just one day of practice. BTW -- I'm not associated with the company in any way, just very happy with the purchase and thought that I'd share that here in case anyone is in the market for a new grunt tube. For me, it was money well spent. Best of luck this fall!

21-Aug-16
Anyone compare to Elknut's NEW CHUCKLER EL BUGLE?

21-Aug-16
^^^Anything Bugling Bull Game calls is going be better than that... JMO

21-Aug-16
Never used their tube's but I sure love their diaphragm calls. I imagine their tubes are awesome as well. God Bless

22-Aug-16
I just got my Threat in the mail on Friday. Love it!

22-Aug-16
I have had mine about a month and did a "blind" test with a guest this past weekend in the mountains. As compared to a larger diameter tube with a bellows end it was louder and the spring did make a noticeable vibration or resonating sound. He is not an elk hunter but he did notice a difference in the sound between the two. I also like that it takes less air since the passage is a smaller diameter compared to what I have been using.

22-Aug-16
I have one and like the sounds it makes but wish the mouthpiece was a little bigger.

jcneng, I'm not sure what you mean by "takes less air"... The sound isn't made by air passing through the bugle, the sound is made by the diaphragm/reed in your mouth and the bugle tube just amplifies the sound and makes it resonate.

22-Aug-16
It seems like I can blow a longer bugle with the same amount of air, if that makes sense. Is it my imagination? Maybe with the smaller diameter tube I get more volume with less air? Hard to explain but that is what it seems like

22-Aug-16
I thought it was an external reed call.

23-Aug-16
Gotcha jcneng.

Midwest, no it's just a bugle tube with a new fangled gizmo for a mouthpiece.

• Sitka Gear