Royboy 27-Jun-16
fubar racin 27-Jun-16
Lost Arra 27-Jun-16
ElkNut1 27-Jun-16
Z Barebow 27-Jun-16
Jaquomo 27-Jun-16
WV Mountaineer 27-Jun-16
26-Jun-16
Do like to hunt wilderness areas? If so why or if not why? Thanks for your thoughts. Leo

26-Jun-16
Well...yeah...simply by definition.

The only one I've poked about in is in Wyoming's Bighorns. True unspoiled "wilderness". No vehicles, no roads...just miles n miles, of miles n miles:^).

26-Jun-16
Regularly. I hunt Colorado Wilderness...I like it because of the lack of road access.

If I put the work into it...I know I can get to where there is a very slim chance I will see another hunter.

I love the lack of evidence of man. Makes me feel like I've gone back in time sometimes.

Then, a plane flies over and screws it all up lol.

Seriously though, going one-on-one against your quarry in the Wilderness can lead to Spiritual renewal!

Best of Luck, Jeff

26-Jun-16
I hunt wilderness and non wilderness areas. I have seen both crowded and not crowded.

The west elk wilderness actually have some jeep trails from before it became a wilderness. Also plenty of sign of cattle being in there during the summer.

I do like packing into a wilderness with everything to survive with is on your back.

27-Jun-16
The wilderness areas seem to be some of the more beautiful country

27-Jun-16
In the units I hunt the wilderness is the high nasty that's where the sitka warriors go, they push the elk down onto the low easy "private"then the big money hunters push em back up to the low nasty where I like go be. This has worked very well for me the last few years, so I love the wilderness area I just don't go into it.

27-Jun-16
Ironically some of my worst wilderness experience was in Colorado when I woke up surrounded by a valley full of sheep. Another time cattle and cowboys. Cattle flattened our tents while we were out hunting. I don't hunt that area any more.

27-Jun-16
I don't hunt designated wilderness areas but do hunt ID, the areas we hunt you can go miles & miles with no roads, makes it fairly easy to get away from folks as needed! Few to no roads = better elk country.

ElkNut1

27-Jun-16
Yes I like to hunt wilderness. But I have found the country I hunt does not need to have the federal wilderness designation to have what I consider the "wilderness experience".

What do I consider the wilderness experience? Minimal human activity, ability to separate myself from most of civilization, and take in natural beauty of the land and animals that call it home.

27-Jun-16
No, because I like to get away from people. 30 vehicles and horse trailer rigs at a wilderness trailhead is not conducive to solitude. I prefer non-wilderness with no roads, or better yet, areas with ATV trails ridden by recreational riders. That's the best "hunter repellent" going, but the elk don't mind.

There are millions of acres of roadless non-wilderness where nobody ever goes because there aren't trailheads, named trails, guidebooks, etc..

27-Jun-16
I assume you are talking out west. But, here I hunt wilderness about 50% of the time. Out west, no I have never hunted one. Mainly because I depend on people to concentrate the elk in the otc unit I hunt. Lots of people equals elk in my hole. Elk in my hole means no people who are willing to go in there and get one. Elk in my hole has always meant dead elk too. God Bless

• Sitka Gear