Big Fin 26-Jun-16
BULELK1 27-Jun-16
ELKMAN 27-Jun-16
CurveBow 27-Jun-16
26-Jun-16

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo

Big Fin's Link
Tomorrow evening we release our first YouTube exclusive episode, a Central Montana elk hunt.

At the link above is another minute-long promo clip that gives you some idea of how chaotic filming this spot and stalk hunting can be on public lands.

The camera guy has full say of how/where we set up, when we move, what footage he wants, and everything else related to the final sequence. Since the responsibility falls on his shoulder if the sequence does not turn out as hoped, he has to be given the authority to direct the operation at crunch time.

The hunter has two jobs - keep an eye on the animal and do whatever the guy behind you (camera guy) tells you to do, even if it is against your normal hunting instincts. As you will see, I am thinking we are going to set up and shoot, but my shot angles are clearer than his, as he is a bit off to my right and must keep the camera over my shoulder. A really tough job that I have had a time or two and try to avoid whenever possible.

We did commit one of the big sins in filming - I went left and thought he was following me. He went straight. Thus, when one had a good lane, the other did not. And we were on different bulls at different times. We know better than that and we blew the first opportunity. While we run toward the elk, my audio was cut in many places, as the language from screwing up the first encounter was a bit "adult," same as it was toward the end of this clip when I have the bull broadside and he tells me to "hang on."

I hope you find the episode worth watching, when it goes live tomorrow night, even if it is a rifle hunt. It will be on our YouTube in perpetuity, so hopefully you will have some time to catch it in the next month or so.

With so many people "cutting the cord" on TV, we are doing these YouTube experiments at a big risk and cost. Hopefully our projections are met or I will be asking if any of you need your lawn mowed, car washed, dog walked, etc.

Thanks for watching the link above.

Best of luck this season.

P.S. - We are filming a Gila archery elk episode this September that will be a YouTube exclusive next winter.

27-Jun-16
Good one for sure

Good luck, Robb

27-Jun-16
Good stuff, and a great guy!

27-Jun-16
Looking forward to it Randy! Looks like an awesome hunt & great bull!

>>>>-------->

• Sitka Gear