Contributors to this thread:
bloody acorns 27-Jun-16
ElkNut1 27-Jun-16
bloody acorns 06-Jul-16
ElkNut1 07-Jul-16
bloody acorns 07-Jul-16
ElkNut1 07-Jul-16
27-Jun-16
Does anybody hunt this area? Wondering how crowded it is and how many pack their selves in. I hunted Eagles Caps a few years ago going to Hells Canyon this year. Looking forward to 10 days in the Wilderness with my son on an early season bow hunt

27-Jun-16
During early season in that country it's hot as hades! Use trails for access but have break off points predetermined form map study & you'll more than likely see few to no hunters. Most hunters will hit the woods as soon as rutting action starts!

ElkNut1

06-Jul-16
Paul is there any other units in Idaho that are OTC that you would suggest for a guy that isn't concerned with hiking in a ways - I am worried about a bull spoiling before I can get him out of the canyon.

07-Jul-16
Yep, we all have to examine our limitations! Some days can be hot while others can dip below freezing! Those freezing days are when to consider hunting deeper! (grin) Depending on what you have your sights set on you shouldn't have to go deep to kill an elk. What are your expectations?

ElkNut1

07-Jul-16
Thanks for response - I am going to the Snake and going to tough it out - will let you guys know how it goes

07-Jul-16
Check your PM's!

ElkNut1

• Sitka Gear