Mossyhorn 07-Jul-16
wyobullshooter 07-Jul-16
IdyllwildArcher 07-Jul-16
wyobullshooter 07-Jul-16
cityhunter 07-Jul-16
IdyllwildArcher 07-Jul-16
cityhunter 07-Jul-16
03-Jul-16
Looking for resident Wyoming archer to hunt with SO wilderness access isn't an issue! Need to move quickly as sale is Wednesday the 6th. I'm retired guide, good condition and will gladly host return hunting here in Wisconsin! Units available are 47,56,59,60,67-69,97,&125. If no resident available, which area most favorable for 2-3 weeks September rut hunt? Please contact promptly as times short Thanks!

03-Jul-16
I think you could have a good hunt w/o wilderness issues in 56 or 59. There seems to be enough NF not in the wilderness there. But I'm not brave enough to deal w the Grizzlies!

03-Jul-16
WY peak is 9/17 so week before/after. Leftover - yikes, general tags make me nervous and they sell out....

03-Jul-16
General tags are like a super lottery tag compared to some out there Don.

03-Jul-16
Well I think if one of those areas are good and someone already is going there so I'd go along, I'd gladly try being first online Wednesday morning but not without a good plan!

04-Jul-16
I've tried for 3 years to grab those 67-69 tags the second that F&G opens up the online gig and even though I was hitting refresh over and over on the page, they're all sold out as soon as they come up for sale. I think that the in-state vendors get first grab at them and it's impossible to grab one online.

If you pick up a 97 tag, you'd better be hunting in the wilderness. I did 10 days in that unit 9/10-9/20 and found 3 bulls on day 6 outside the wilderness in the nastiest of spots. I'm talking 5 mile hike and 2500 foot elevation climb one-way to get to it. And they were the most call-shy bulls I've ever hunted - worse than OR and CO OTC.

56 and 59 have a lot of area outside the wilderness, but don't let the map fool you. Most of the non-wilderness Ntl forest is low elevation and devoid of elk. All that territory in the 7000-8000 foot elevation range is elk-less. The cows stay down in the ag fields to stay away from the wolves and the bulls stay up in the sheep country to stay away from the wolves/hunters.

Additionally, 97, 56, and 59 are not trophy-type units. They may be WY in boundary, but they're CO in quality.

04-Jul-16
Thanks idyllwildarcher, that matches a lot of what I've heard so far...would really like to hear more about the "nasty area " outside wilderness in 97! The only potential out side grizzly spots so far!

04-Jul-16
Buying leftovers...

“Everyone only needs that one breakthrough or opportunity in order to achieve success. It is the culmination of the preceding hard work, dedication, practice, constant plan revision, and consistent execution which all combines to create that one opportunity.”

Ken Poirot

04-Jul-16
Yes WBob...that's what's going on...any inputs on these areas or 97 in particular?

06-Jul-16
Well, did anybody get one? Ike? I spent some time unsuccessfully trying to log in, then had to get back to work.

06-Jul-16
I already had a general tag this year, but I still logged in to see what would happen.

Again, the 67 tags were sold out even though I clicked on the button repeatedly at 0800 Mountain time till it popped up. I think the in-state vendors get a jump on everyone.

As of 0803, all the other tags were still available, but dwindling fast. They were definitely going faster than the past couple years.

06-Jul-16
I've got high speed cable and been unable to even get on the website without going the long way through their Facebook page.

06-Jul-16

There is no head start other than the one you create for yourself.

I posted a thinly veiled set of instructions on how to buy leftover tags, which I won't expand upon. I have always gotten leftovers, including hunts with single digit tags. I have tags secured in less than 2 seconds. 67 tags is a cake walk.

06-Jul-16

cityhunter's embedded Photo
a left over tag bull

06-Jul-16

another leftover bull

07-Jul-16
Louis, did you grab a tag today or do you have other plans?

07-Jul-16
No problems getting on and the tag I wanted from this end.

Not sure why guys not wanting a tag would even log on and jam up the system for others?

Maybe I am missing something?

Good luck, Robb

07-Jul-16
I guess I'm confused? I've tried to get on their website for two days and it says their system is down? So how are ppl getting tags if their website isn't working?

07-Jul-16
W.Bob's pm inbox just got filled. lol

07-Jul-16
I'm sure it did! Would love to know the secret!

07-Jul-16
I don't think there's any secret. Wdfg has a short article on their sight that I read this morning that said that anyone going into a point of sale agent and trying to get a license is at a disadvantage. Basically they are sitting in line behind everyone that's already logged in on-line.

This is a straight forward process so far as I can see. There's a very limited number of tags in some cases and a lot of people want them. I don't see there being any magical button that gets you ahead of everyone else in line. And there's no line so to speak. Once 8am hits it's a free for all. No place holders or being first in line.

07-Jul-16
Best advice for a leftover tag? Apply during the draw and get one before they become "leftover". Sorry, couldn't resist! ;-)

07-Jul-16
Rob, I know you're saying that tongue-in-cheek, but most of the leftover tags are resident leftovers sold to NRs. We don't have access to those tags till they're leftover.

As far as getting on, there was not a problem with getting on so long as you used the proper link. As they have for the past several years for the first few days when they go on sale, they shut down most of the website to reduce traffic and keep the website from bogging down. You have to enter from the front door so that you reach their special page accessing the parts of the website that they leave open.

Doing a google search for wyoming fish and game and then clicking on the leftover license button was blocked until today. You had to go to wgfd.wyo.gov or else you couldn't get in.

07-Jul-16
You're absolutely correct Ike. Just trying to add a little levity to what was a pretty frustrating day for alot of people. Just one more reason I thank God I'm a resident!

07-Jul-16
no ike taking the year off !!!!

07-Jul-16
Get well soon bud

07-Jul-16
Im fine !!!! thanks .

• Sitka Gear