Destroyer350 06-Jul-16
Bullshooter 06-Jul-16
sombow 01-Aug-16
sombow 01-Aug-16
05-Jul-16

sombow's embedded Photo
sombow's embedded Photo

sombow's Link
It takes a village! Last October, my 13 year old son Shiv harvested his first monster bull in NM 16C. It was more than a monster for him.

This was possible only due to mentors like you who took the time to provide hints and suggestions on what to expect and prepare for a hard NM DIY hunt.

To continue the conversation and encourage other youth, my son decided to write about his adventures. He feels that he can help in building the community by writing and giving back.

Here is his article on Huntin Fool - July edition https://www.huntinfool.com/stories/story.php?id=10758

Another article is on First Elk/Pg 94 in the Elk Hunter - Summer Edition 2016

If you enjoy the article, show the article to another kid and maybe introduce them to the amazing outdoors.

Shiv would love to hear from you on his writing style and your suggestions (as he is new to writing as he is to hunting) Provide your feedback and thoughts.

Again, Thank You Bowsite for all your help. You have an amazing group here. Note: There is rifle involved, so hope it does not offend anyone on this forum. If so kindly excuse this article.

05-Jul-16
Grats to both of you. Great bull!

05-Jul-16
No need for apologies, just post pics when he shoots his first with a bow! Love to see that smile on kids. Congrats to all of you within your family.

06-Jul-16
His smile says it all!

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

06-Jul-16
Well done!

06-Jul-16
That's a great story!!! shiv, you ARE the clutch player!!

Congrats to you both!

Mark

06-Jul-16
That is awesome! Congratulations to you both! Well done!

06-Jul-16
Dandy!!!!!!

06-Jul-16
What a great story!!!

Good Form Shiv!!

Good luck on you8r next hunt, I can't wait to read about it!

Scar.

06-Jul-16
Great story son! It's easy to see you spoke from your heartfelt experience & not a manuscript. Well done & congrats. May you have many more experiences as that one!

ElkNut1

06-Jul-16
Shiv,

You truly have a gift for writing...very nicely done!

Awesome recap of an amazing experience! Now that the hook is set...get ready for a lifetime of adventures like this. I hope you document them all!

Best of Luck, Jeff

06-Jul-16
Great story, congrats!

06-Jul-16
Congrats!!!

06-Jul-16
That was awesome! Congrats to your son! I'm sure he is itching to get out there again.

06-Jul-16
Great job, Shiv!

01-Aug-16

sombow's embedded Photo
sombow's embedded Photo

sombow's Link
Wanted to share the summer issues Elk Hunter Magazine story on 'First Elk' with you. Attached is the PDF (not sure how well it shows on this forum, but here it is)/ Do let me know if you know of a better way to share a PDF.

Shiv was quite thrilled with his article releases this year in 2 national magazines.

When he had a quiet moment Shiv was reflecting on the fact that his monster elk lived on through his account of the hunt. He felt honored to be given this opportunity to hunt and write.

Shiv really hopes that he could share his story with other kids. If you know of a way he can do so, please reach out and let us know.

Shiv would love to encourage others to mentor a kid just like the mentorship he received from well meaning hunters from this and other forums, from hunters who he met on the trail and from organizations that encourage youth to encourage and interact with the outdoors.

01-Aug-16
Changed PDF to image as PDF could not be uploaded...

• Sitka Gear