idacurt 06-Jul-16
Franzen 07-Jul-16
WV Mountaineer 07-Jul-16
Teeton 07-Jul-16
Rut Nut 07-Jul-16
brunse 07-Jul-16
ohiohunter 08-Jul-16
06-Jul-16
Ok my water bladder needs replacing and I can't find what I'm looking for. I got two new ones but I don't like them.. So maybe someone here can help.

So here's the spec's I'm looking for.

1. 3 liter

2. Hose must be at least 38 inches or longer. I'll cut to my length, hose has to be 1/4 inside so I can fit it with the fitting from the hiker pro water filter. So I don't have to remove from my pack to fill. It can also have the mate (that some have) fitting just to hook up to the hiker pro to fill.

3. Hose cover would be nice but I can use one that I have if it dose not have one. Would like the bite vale to have a cover also.

4. Don't want to have to suck so hard that I can feel my eye balls sucking in to get a drink.

5. Like it to be of good quality.

Ok that's my spec's, through some names/ideas at me.. Thanks,,, Ed

06-Jul-16
Camelback with hose extension. Been using it and the quick disconnects for years.

06-Jul-16
"Bladder" sorry about the title miss spell..

06-Jul-16

idacurt's Link
Check out Source bladders

07-Jul-16
I like my Sources. If you don't like bite valves they are the ticket.

The valves are a twist and pull system. Twisting the dial unlocks the valve and you pull it out with your teeth to get flow. If you are frequently drinking, you can leave it unlocked. I imagine the valves will wear out with time, but I haven't wore one out yet. Obviously all bladders don't last forever.

I have no idea how long the hoses are, but I'm guessing not 38".

07-Jul-16
When I use one, which is RARE, I use a Military surplus one. God Bless

07-Jul-16
Thanks guys, Never thought of checking out Camelback's web site it shelf. How dumb of me.. Never heard of Source before now.

Now both Source and Camelback looks like they have what I'm looking for. I hated taking my bladder out to fill and with both you don't have too.

Thanks again Bowsite Family, you guys came through again..

Ed

07-Jul-16
Camelbak is the way to go! Got their mule pack for long mtn bike rides and it is the bomb! pack and bladder is top notch!

07-Jul-16
Platypus big zip. The best.

08-Jul-16
Eberlestocks look a lot like Source tactical's.

• Sitka Gear