Bullhound 14-Jul-16
ghost stalker 14-Jul-16
PA-R 14-Jul-16
ghost stalker 14-Jul-16
Alpinehunter 15-Jul-16
Reflex 15-Jul-16
14-Jul-16

leerussell581's Link
For those of you that love to scout and explore Google Earth, it looks like Toprut now has a library of free kml unit maps for all 11 western states. Pretty powerful tool with individual layers for unit boundaries, USGS topo quads, land ownership, roads, etc.

Hope someone finds this useful!

14-Jul-16
Super Cool, Thanks Lee!

Good Luck this season!

Scar.

14-Jul-16
Thank for the link. My question, however, is why do they have files for roads that are no longer legal? You can find the files for the MVUM for each forest. Use those instead.

14-Jul-16
don't even have the units I would use. weird

14-Jul-16

leerussell581's Link
Darrell -

It looks like they have a blurb about the roads on that same page.

The unit I'll be hunting in Wyoming has a lot of forest service ground. The file I downloaded from Toprut has the forest service MVUM as an individual layer - was pretty cool to see it light up yellow so you can see what is drivable compared to the "other roads".

The decommissioned roads can be awful nice to use when trying to access particulars areas. Even though you can't drive on them, it sure makes the walking way easier!

14-Jul-16
""The decommissioned roads can be awful nice to use when trying to access particulars areas. Even though you can't drive on them, it sure makes the walking way easier!""

not the way they did a bunch of them here in Idaho! they put so much junk back across them that you can't hardly walk through them. I'm talking laid trees and crap across them to make certain in wasn't ANY sort of travel way.

14-Jul-16
Looks cool, but my computer won't open the file

14-Jul-16
THANKS LEE. Love to use google earth, good luck. PA-R

14-Jul-16
Ah ha I got er figure out. Thanks this is awesome

15-Jul-16
Thanks for the heads up! How do they make money? Seems like a lot of work for free.

15-Jul-16
Cool, thanks for the link!

• Sitka Gear