Dwitt2n 25-Jul-16
Dwitt2n 25-Jul-16
Dwitt2n 25-Jul-16
Dwitt2n 25-Jul-16
Dwitt2n 25-Jul-16
Dwitt2n 25-Jul-16
kentuckbowhnter 25-Jul-16
15-Jul-16
I am thinking of getting a top end cooler. I have read comparisons. I haven't seen one on Rtic yet. I know in the past they have had long lead times. Does anyone have any insight on what to buy? Or if Rtic has shortened there lead times?

My hunting partner got a yeti and did a test over the 4th. It did ok but his recommendation is to go with a Rtic and wait on the long ship date.

15-Jul-16
A buddy of mine at work just ordered an Rtic and I believe he said it was 6 weeks out. They are a good cooler and significantly cheaper than Yeti.

15-Jul-16
The test i seen on the net put yeti @ # 4 in a ice test ??

15-Jul-16
I have one and I like it, very comparable to my brothers yeti at half the cost.

15-Jul-16
I picked up An 135qt Esty. Wife and I went to Moab for a trip put 4 blocks of ice in it. The ice lasted 10 days. It is 51 lbs empty and I got it for $320

15-Jul-16
Dang, they look pretty nice. Reviews sound good too. Worth the wait if they are what they say they are.

15-Jul-16
I bought a Yeti, did an ice test in it over 4 days.... and promptly returned it to the store!

Bought a Grizzly, less expensive than a Yeti and did the same test over 4 days and kept it. In fact I bought two additional Grizzlies. Mine has kept ice for 10 days in 80-90 degree weather, but you have to follow the packing directions from the manufacturer.

I got them all on sale and paid about 30% less than retail. I haven't tried the other two mentioned, but I have heard good things about them!

Scar.

15-Jul-16
Michael - PM sent.

15-Jul-16
I have an Outfitters cooler and love it

15-Jul-16
Wow, I keep ice in a Coleman 5-day for 5 days and that is throughout camping use on hot summer days. Opening and closing. If I spent more I would definitely want to see a big improvement.

15-Jul-16
I have the RTIC 45 and it is definitely equal to the YETI at half the price. I will say that both of them are pretty darn heavy.

15-Jul-16
I just received my rtic 65 qt. It looks nice but haven't got to test it yet. They tested my patience, told me 6 weeks when I ordered, when that passed they told me 6 more weeks. It took about 11 1/2 weeks to get and you can't get any useful info from them in the interim.

15-Jul-16
Mark, mine arrive on Monday & it took 11 weeks as well. Building after receiving the orders? For me I didn't need them until September so I had time, but still.....

15-Jul-16
i would buy a couple rtic coolers if they had them in stock. they are taking the cash up front to pay for the orders. shady. makes me think they could take the money and run at any time.

15-Jul-16
I have a RTIC cooler...on backorder....until July 28th. darnit......ordered a several weeks back.

15-Jul-16
Check out the Siberan Coolers. www.siberiancoolers.com

Great coolers, I have used them for the past year. No issues, keep ice for days, and less than a Yeti.

Hyde

15-Jul-16
Anyone know if rtic ships to Canada?

15-Jul-16
The Ritc coolers are made here in Texas, if you can wait 2 to 3 months on getting it, they are worth the money. You can expect 1 delay email.

15-Jul-16
They are not made in Texas, they are made in China.

It will be interesting to see how the lawsuit turns out.

15-Jul-16
The Cabelas Polar Cap took first place in field and streams test of a bunch recently (Rtic want tested). I got one and like it a lot, has some great features. Guy I work with had an Rtic and likes it, I may pick up one to hold beer and soda so the one with food and stuff gets opened less and keeps cold even longer.

15-Jul-16
I ordered my RTIC on May 15 and it was delivered today. The testing will commence shortly !

16-Jul-16
Ranked #4. Sounds like it's time to sell Yeti stock!

17-Jul-16
Go to Texasbowhunter.com where they have tested every high end cooler made and you can decide for yourself. I went with the Pelican brand.

Ozark Trail from Walmart held up well in it's test and is around $200 I beleive. They cant keep them on the shelves.

17-Jul-16
a bit off topic - but compare the yeti tumbler to the ozark trail. $10 vs $40 and some interesting youtube videos doing some comparisons where the yeti comes in 2nd to the OT.

17-Jul-16
^^^Ozark Trails is being sued as well.

I have both the Yeti and Ozark Trails 30oz? tumblers. They are the same in size, fit (of the lid), and finish. If you place the two side by side with the labels facing away you can't tell which is which. Can't say I have taken them apart to compare the internals, but the lid, and the seals are the same and interchangeable between the two. Can't say I have noticed a bit of difference between the two in my non scientific usage of them.

17-Jul-16
Coolers on sale.com had a good review too.

25-Jul-16

Dwitt2n's embedded Photo
Dwitt2n's embedded Photo
...not sure if I've attached the photos correctly...but I did a Wednesday to Sunday ice test of my own on my RTIC 65. Decide for yourself, but I'm pleased with them. ...Safe hunts....Dave...

25-Jul-16

Dwitt2n's embedded Photo
Dwitt2n's embedded Photo

25-Jul-16

Dwitt2n's embedded Photo
Dwitt2n's embedded Photo

25-Jul-16

25-Jul-16
....I guess I didn't have them attached correctly..anyway....the first photo was the ice that was left when I emptied it out on Sunday....the second was when I started it on Wednesday and the last was on Sunday before I emptied it....

25-Jul-16
...and..it sat outside on my porch the entire time and in direct sunlight. We had heat indexes of 107, 105 and 104 over the Wednesday thru Sunday time period. Like I said, I'm pleased with how they held cold.

25-Jul-16
ohiohunter, the chinese have problems with lead in everything for example in baby food produced in country. they also have problem with baby food in the fishing sinkers they ship over here.

• Sitka Gear