Elk
Contributors to this thread:
MambaHNTR 17-Jul-16
oldgoat 17-Jul-16
WapitiBob 17-Jul-16
MambaHNTR 18-Jul-16
kota-man 18-Jul-16
17-Jul-16
I am looking at the 22 mag on the hunting frame for a day pack/ meat haul pack.It is a bit heavier than say the Tahr .but I do like the top compartment for small items. It does not have a meat shelf but i think the grab-it would work? Ihave not been on elk hunt for 14 yrs so a little older now 49 and figured a good pack in order.headed to south central co. solo and going to camp in my work/hunting van. looking foward to any suggestions.

17-Jul-16
What length frame were you looking at getting it on, just don't get the 22" frame unless you're a midget if you want to haul any weight. It's the nice thing about Kifaru, zillion and one combinations. Add a lid and pockets and you are in a whole new class size pack. If my memory serves me which it does less accurately all the time, that pack will fit on the 24 and 26" frame, there just will be some free space on the bottom of the frame. Best thing to do is call Kifaru and talk to Frank or Aron and ask them, they are the experts and are known for their customer service and experience. My wife has the Apollo and a guide lid, it's a sweet little day pack but not much organization capability without a guide lid. I run a Nomad with Longhunter lid and Grabit II for my daypack and throw on a camp bag for packing camp in. Trust me, call them before you order!

17-Jul-16
If all you need is day pack, kill kit , etc and meat hauling, the guide lid and grab-it will work.

A light long side zip across the bottom and a grab-it or Gen II meat bag will work.

Tons of options.

This is a light long and a Gen II with my jacket in the Gen II, normally lashed above the pocket.

photo 51_zpsb2b98e64.jpg

18-Jul-16
thanks for th replies. yes 24 inch frame small belt I am 5'6", but you know what they say bout dynamite. Bob, i do like th look of that pack for day hunt. any other ideas out there thanks.

18-Jul-16
I currently run four Kifaru packs:

*Mountain Warrior on a Hunter Duplex 26" frame. *Mountain Rambler on a Bikini 26" frame. *.22 Mag on a 22" Ultra Lite Hunter Frame. *Tarryall with integrated frame.

You would definitely get adequate "lift" from a 24" frame for your size. The 22 Mag would work well on that frame. To me the 22 Mag is a daypack on steroids and should fit your needs fairly well. Mine is not a dedicated load hauler as I have other options for that use. If you could find a Mountain Rambler, it may even fit your needs better as you could utilize the load shelf and makes for a great daypack.

The Tarryall is also not a bad option for your needs. 23" integrated frame that will handle a load if you need it to.

• Sitka Gear