cnelk 18-Aug-16
Jaquomo 18-Aug-16
JordanMOFLCO 18-Aug-16
Baby Huey 19-Aug-16
10-Aug-16
The 2nd Annual Pre-Hunt Get Together is planned for Wednesday Aug 17th

630pm

My place

The usual crowd is Jaquomo Lou, Paul@thefort, OTCwill, Aaron Johnson, and some others.

Im thinking some deep fried catfish for appetizers

Who's in?

10-Aug-16
Will put it (tentatively) on the calendar.

10-Aug-16
Catfish???? Where the hell is all the walleye? :-)

10-Aug-16
Well if I wasn't 2000 miles to ur east I'd be there. Hope u all have a great time and hope to read a lot about the gathering. Enjoy, ED

10-Aug-16
I think we done et all the walleye...

Last year we had Hooters girls. This year I'm thinking just a couple blonde...dogs.. But they love us more than the Hooters girls, and the only tip they require is a bite of catfish!

Hope some more area guys can make it!

10-Aug-16
PM me your addy. If I can make it I will. BYOB?

10-Aug-16
Cya there!

11-Aug-16
Sounds like a good time. I'm envious.

Deep fried catfish with lemon, malt vinegar, and Tabasco... That's good eating.

11-Aug-16
I'd come, but working that night

11-Aug-16
I dont no about you western boys. But down south you cant have catfish without hush puppies!!!!

Dang it. I just ate and now im hungry again.

11-Aug-16
I would love to attend if I can get a hall pass.....usually can but my 4th grade daughter's first day of school new to CO is the next day.......

PM me some details if you like.

Thanks!!

Jordan

11-Aug-16
I was going to head out and elk scout on that day but would not miss this get together. I will be there.

Paul

11-Aug-16
Have a cold one for me, Gentlemen! If I lived anywhere close to CO...I'd be there !

Best of Luck, Jeff

12-Aug-16
Sounds like a fun time!!

Enjoy------>

Good luck, Robb

12-Aug-16
Would love to join CNELK. New to Colorado from Kentucky. Moved here partly because of the elk and mountains. Been here since January and haven't met a single hunter yet so it'd be great to meet some like-minded people. Been reading posts for years envious of those who live here. Let me know if it'd be cool to join in. More than willing to bring a side or a desert.

Ambush (Brian)

12-Aug-16
Ambush, you need to hang around with new people if you haven't met a hunter here yet!

12-Aug-16
Ambush, bring a keg of Fat Tire and we may let you join! ;)

12-Aug-16
As Lou stated, a keg of Fat Tire is the initiation.

Has anyone heard if DirtyD is coming?

12-Aug-16
DirtyD is giving it his best shot.

12-Aug-16
Thanks for all the replies and feed back. Should be a good time!

Ambush - I sent you a PM. Let me know if you didnt get it.

DirtyD - Matt - said he gonna try like hell to make it

Looks like there will be quite a few attending. Better not be late or the catfish will be gone.

12-Aug-16
A keg of Fat tire is definitely needed

Especially when Lou & Paul get on a roll with their stories!

12-Aug-16
Sounds like a great time! Hell, I'd bring the Fat Tire keg! Too bad I'll be working. Like we've talked about before Brad, retirement's getting closer for both of us by the day!

12-Aug-16
Sounds like a great time & Perfect Start for the upcoming seasons! Wish I lived closer, I'd show up! (grin) Have a great time guys but not too great! (grin)

ElkNut1

12-Aug-16
Sounds like a good time. Too bad I'll be on Kodiak.......:)

13-Aug-16
Surfbow, that is exactly what I'm hoping to do, hang with different people. All I do is work these days anyway. And watch my son play football. Wish I knew where to meet a few hunters in the Denver area.

13-Aug-16
cnelk, I didn't get the PM. My email is [email protected] if that's not too much trouble. Probably won't bring a keg but I'd certainly supply plenty of Fat Tire!

13-Aug-16
"I dont no about you western boys. But down south you cant have catfish without hush puppies!!!!"

That would be beer battered hush puppies and cole slaw, if it is an official southern catfish fry"

Hope ya'll get a photo of the group. I think ya'll are trying to form a Colorado chapter of Bowsite.com.

Would love to know the collective number of elk ya'll have killed. (that would be ACTUAL kills and beer talk or in your dream kills).

Enjoy- sound like a great time.

13-Aug-16
Ambush - I sent you an email

I believe I sent everyone a PM, if you didnt get it, send me an email [email protected]

Buffalo1 - we will for sure get a few pics.

As far as elk killed, I can recall most of mine, but not all of them. They kinda blend together. :)

13-Aug-16

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Btw. The catfish is thawing out.

13-Aug-16
I wont be getting out there til Thursday or Friday and will be roaming Northwest, Northern Colorado til end of the season probably. I'm out there for up to six weeks every Fall. I have a hunch I hunt not all that far from a couple of you guys at times. If I was there Wednesday I would drop in on your get together as it would be fun to visit and meet after all the stories. Side note- I did agree to go the dark side a little and guide during rifle season for an outfitter. Spose that would make me unwelcome...

13-Aug-16
Brad, I am bring deer and or elk burger sliders and cheese just in case you run out of cat fish. So fire up the grill.

Paul

13-Aug-16
Thanks Paul!

13-Aug-16
Wish i lived closer !!

13-Aug-16
Greg, I can remember most of the elk I've killed but still sometimes look at a rack and have to try to recall where and when. There was a period in the '80s where things sorta ran together... I know how many +/- one or two.

WhoCares, I used to guide rifle hunters for an outfitter. Got tired of leading sports to elk that they felt "entitled" to kill because they paid the money. After the last two guys opened up on a herd of 300 "flock shooting" at 600 yards while I was yelling at them to stop, and we had a half dozen wounded elk out there, I decided I'd had enough. Good luck with your adventure!

13-Aug-16
Sounds like a great time! You guys have a beer or two for me! Hunt

13-Aug-16
It would almost be worth the trip from Texas if I could video this soirée. When that keg gets just about collapsed, I'll bet them elks is falling like flies !

Sounds like a good time, have fun guys ! And we expect a thread with pics...............

13-Aug-16
Dang! You guys do it right! Let's see...I think I need to go to Denver for a "business trip!"

Mark

13-Aug-16
I really think a more accurate collective "kill number" could be determined toward the end of the keg! At this point, it is too hard to discern.

13-Aug-16
That'd be a hoot...

14-Aug-16
Looks like there are two "Ambush" posters on Bowsite now....the original from British Columbia, Rod A and now Bryan in CO. You guys should sort that out.

14-Aug-16
Quote Kurt: "Looks like there are two "Ambush" posters on Bowsite now....the original from British Columbia, Rod A and now Bryan in CO. You guys should sort that out"

We could settle it like gentlemen in a duel. Traditional at ten paces or compound at thirty paces?

But we'll use Rage broadheads, so nobody really gets hurt. They pretty much bounce off. lol.

BC Ambush, eh

14-Aug-16
I will bring the whiskey.

17-Aug-16
I will not be able to make it......sucks

17-Aug-16

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Well dang Jordan.

430pm - The catfish is breaded and ready for hot oil. Grill is ready for Paul.

All set

I'm gonna have a beer now

17-Aug-16
You r killing me. Here I sit doped up to make the pain of the inflatable tampon shoved up into my brain via my left nostril bearable.

Would much rather be having a beer with ya!

Right now I'm hoping this situation don't ruin my elk season.

17-Aug-16
I am leaving the house with elk burgers for the grill.

Pop a beer for me and I will be there by 5:30. I am bring Chase the lab along. He will try to hump your dog at first but then, will settle down and just beg for food.

Paul

17-Aug-16
Would love to be there, that catfish looks delish. I WILL crack a beer, though, and go shoot some arrows.

Cheers to you Colorado boys!

17-Aug-16
Man I'm jealous. Stuck down in Colorado Springs for work the last few weeks. Wish I could've made it!

17-Aug-16

midwest's MOBILE embedded Photo
midwest's MOBILE embedded Photo

17-Aug-16
You boys enjoy the evening!

17-Aug-16
You could do a semi live.

17-Aug-16
Take some pics. Sounds like a great time.

17-Aug-16
Just back ... great evening, Cnelk ... good to put more faces with names and hear about everyone's plans for this year's hunting.

Here's looking forward to the post-season party.

17-Aug-16

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Some pictures. Great friends, great food, great night

Thanks Brad.

my best, Paul

17-Aug-16

17-Aug-16

17-Aug-16

17-Aug-16

17-Aug-16

18-Aug-16

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Still going on...

18-Aug-16
Cool pix !

Thanks for sharing

Good luck, Robb

18-Aug-16
Brad,

Thanks for the having us over. Nice meeting all you fellow bowsiters and the food was great.

18-Aug-16
Good times. Glad Lou lost the shades for the evening events. In some of the other photos it looked like he was going with the "wtf are you talking about Brad" look, but couldn't tell because of the shades. :^)

The cumulative elk total for all those guys might be 1 or 2 in the coming months!

18-Aug-16
Looks awesome! I would have loved to be there.

18-Aug-16
It was a great time! Thanks for hosting Brad!

18-Aug-16
Good to put names, faces and voices to the handles after years of following this Colorado crew. Great food and even better people. Kudos to Paul on the sliders and Brad on the fish. Thanks to Lou and Will for sharing a couple of simple tips for this used-to-be flatlander. Had a super time Brad. Thanks so much. Get after 'em fellas.

Brian (CO Ambush:)

18-Aug-16
Franzen, I was in mild shock all evening after learning Baby Huey drew a moose AND a goat tag this year. The shades hid my moon-eyes.

Great food and stories. Good to finally meet Bowboy after all these years. And "Ambush Jr." (Brian) brought more Fat Tire than we could drink. That man is always welcomed! Many thanks to Paul for the elk sliders and to Brad for the catfish and hospitality. This was the best of times with the best of men.

18-Aug-16
Good times! I need to live closer to Ft. Collins. Although, my little stories wouldn't hold a candle to those stories around there. :)

Was Aaron taking all of the photos?

18-Aug-16
Thanks for hosting Brad! Great food (fish and Paul's sliders!) Really good to see old friends and meet new ones. Great time!

18-Aug-16
Cool deal. If I had to guess there were a lot of elk tags punched that day. :)

18-Aug-16
Thanks for the pics guys ( although it would have been better if everyone was identified ). Looks like a good time was had by all !

18-Aug-16
Fun times were had! Lets do it again.

Group pic:

Front Row L to R

IAHunter, Rudy Huntography, cnelk, skullclnr, CO Ambush, Pikemaster, Paul@thefort

Back Row L to R

Jaquomo, Herb, Ckapp22, Baby Huey, Stoneman, DirtyD, Bowboy, John Haeberle, Grasshopper, otcwill

Aaron Johnson was a bit late for the pic

18-Aug-16
BTW, Herb is HH on the Bowsite.

Yes, it was a great time!

18-Aug-16
Damnit! Wished I coulda made it.........

What a crew!

19-Aug-16
Brad, thanks for having us and for the catfish.

Paul, thanks for the sliders.

Great to meet everyone, hope to give some good reports on the moose and mountain goat hunts in Sept & Oct.

• Sitka Gear