welka 20-Aug-16
fisherick 20-Aug-16
spikebow 21-Aug-16
Don K 21-Aug-16
bowriter 22-Aug-16
Destroyer350 23-Aug-16
LaGriz 23-Aug-16
15-Aug-16
I'm 18 days out. I appreciate these threads, always gives me some ideas for more crap to throw into the truck :)

Sunscreen. I've never taken it. I really should take some for this year, I know I'll be on high points glassing a lot

15-Aug-16
I have a packing list that originated 26 years ago, and modified for each year after the hunt. I really have 4 -5 different ones for different type of hunts. I always inventory and pack before hand into containers such as my cooler/pack/catquiver and a couple action packers. Chapstick is always important for those coming from humid areas

15-Aug-16
Packing list has saved my a** the last couple years!

Best of Luck, Jeff

15-Aug-16
I have a VERY in depth list for each of my hunt areas and species, so pretty hard to forget anything that would matter. My buddy forgot his arrows twice!

15-Aug-16
Clip your nails.

Fingers- Fingernails always seem to accumulate dirt.

Toenails- Trim about 3 days before I leave. But not too short so I don't get an ingrown toenail.

15-Aug-16

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Salt! Just adds to the great taste of a fire side roasted grouse.

15-Aug-16
I'm leaving in 8 days. Hurry up and tell me what I forgot!!!!!!

15-Aug-16
Things I have forgot , license , bow , arrows , toilet paper , a drink , coffee cup on the roof , my boots , I hunted in my slippers, tree stand , to tell someone where I was going , to tell someone when I planned to return . A knife , my hat , I mean I can go on allday.

15-Aug-16
Ohiohunter. . . that sounds alright. The thought of going into the lotion isle at Wal-Mart just fills me with dread though :) I hate shopping for stuff, unless it has a camo pattern on it :)

15-Aug-16
Not the same item but sometimes an item or 2. I have forgot range finder once at least. Knife left at base a time or 2 also. I usually take everything to base but go out without something. Once I started up a mountain, about a mile up realized my binos were back at the truck hanging on the roof rack... DOH!

15-Aug-16
I usually go over my checklist a few hundred times before a hunt. Worst I had was forgetting batteries for my range finder and having it die. Spare car keys! Good idea to keep one in your wallet, or in one of those magnetic lock boxes under your car. Locked myself out in the mountains with no service. So I ripped the door handle off my car to get in.

15-Aug-16
Left my binos in the truck mulie hunting one time. Got 1/4 mile into my hike before I realized it. Buddies dropped me off, so I couldn't go back and get it...when I saw taillights stop where they dropped me off. Sprinted all the way back - that's how you know your buddies are gems. Proceeded to glass a 165" mulie I never would have seen and shot him.

Thanks boys!

15-Aug-16
Chapstick until I put it in my IFAK

15-Aug-16
I always forget one thing and it's always something different.

15-Aug-16
I always forget one thing and it's always something different.

15-Aug-16
Ha! I just told my lady about this thread and she pulled a shopping bag of Sitka shirts that I forgot last year from the closet.

15-Aug-16
Dental floss

15-Aug-16
I've got a suggestion...a spare set of truck keys.

My buddy dropped my keys in some grass while we were on a trip. We found them by retracing his path, but there was a period of time with some internal swearing by both of us.

15-Aug-16
I forgot to take a bath towel 2 years in row.

I have forgotten the chapstik several times.

For got my tooth brush one time. Tried to convince my brother to let me use his. He said I love you bro but that only goes so far!

15-Aug-16
Just Don't forget Toilet paper and unscented baby wipes when nature calls. :)

My wife was helping me load my truck once and I thought she put the angled tops for my pole system in the truck. I got to my camping spot 263 miles from home and they weren't in the truck. After that I always double check.

Killed a bull 5 days later.

15-Aug-16
I have done the bow thing more then once. First time I was a 18 year old kid. Driving down the road and see a big buck walking acrossed a field, hit my brakes, bow which I forgot I set on the roof hits the hood, then the road and then I run over it. Chap-stick and baby wipes are good to have and I also like to have something to read.

15-Aug-16
I've forgotten Chapstick, toilet paper, hat, water, pillow, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, license. I always forget something and try to make a list months before I go so I can add things when I remember. Forgot a pistol on the back bumper of my truck. Someone found it and turned it in so I was able to prove it was mine and claimed it back! Always forget a watch because I never wear one on a daily basis. My wife says I would forget my head if it wasn't attached

16-Aug-16
Don't forget to manscape! ;)

16-Aug-16

16-Aug-16

16-Aug-16
I forget how to aim when I finally get the shot opportunity!

16-Aug-16
I have the opposite problem... i always over-pack and have multiples of lots of things. Been that way all my life. My theory is it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

16-Aug-16
I hate to say it but I set my alarm clock early to go hunting and I got dressed to go to work. Lucky for me I was able to get redirected to the woods before it was too late. My wife still laughs at me. I didn't think it was too funny.

16-Aug-16
DC that is funny. My buddy forgot his knife once. Tried dressing a bull with a leatherman. Hobbled down the mountain with a one inch by one inch hole in this thigh adjacent to his femoral. Come to think of it he has t forgotten his knife since.

16-Aug-16
I almost always forget chap stick. That and whatever I was doing at work...8^)

16-Aug-16
Don't forget the obvious truck stuff. 1.) Spare Key(s) 2.) proof of insurance 3.) tools 4.) tire chains 5.) Registration(s)trailer too 6.) Spare fuses Some of my favorite ones are: 1.) Maps - unit and road 2.) Camera + extra card 3.) Binos 4.) camp towels 5.) Phone list of contacts 6.) Tent poles/pegs 7.) Phone charger 8.) License tags (never forgot them but a friend did) 9.) Outfitter contract if guided

LaGriz

16-Aug-16
Tire chains

16-Aug-16
Hard to keep your pants up when you forget your belt. See you on the tundra. Rory

17-Aug-16
If you use a GPS and have small kids, do not leave your GPS visible while organizing and packing. That Micro SD Landowner Chip is fascinating to those under six ...and once it's relocated, your chances of a timely recovery are very slim.

Headlamps are magical too.

17-Aug-16
I can't remember...

17-Aug-16
Don't forget extra batteries and boot laces

17-Aug-16
I have forgotten my stabalizer and my sleeping bag and I forgot what else I have forgotten.

17-Aug-16
...I'm with Cheesehead Mike....must be a Wisconsin deal...

18-Aug-16
"Bath Towel"

Never crossed my mind to bring one of those on a hunt?

18-Aug-16
Blacktail Bob,

Get a big synthetic chamois like a Sham-wow, very light and works well.

18-Aug-16
Flip flops... for time out of my boots. Towel.. don't forget your towel.

18-Aug-16
Where I hunt, we don't get to take showers or baths. I'm lucky if I take wet wipes.

18-Aug-16
Paul that sure looks good enough to eat, even without salt, Peter.

18-Aug-16
Call credit card company to tell them you will be out of state.

20-Aug-16
Jagermeister for the celebration (small bottle in pack and big one at camp)

20-Aug-16
I have forgotten chapstick (never again), wrist watch, and wind checker bottle. Never realize how much I use those items while hunting. I now have a check list I update yearly.

21-Aug-16

spikebow's embedded Photo
spikebow's embedded Photo
I don't think I forgot anything my clothes aren't pictured but they are accounted for as well as my knives

21-Aug-16
That's a lot of Mountain house!!

22-Aug-16
The wife between #1 and #3. Mine had a Will Rogers complex. Never met a man she didn't like. Six months and I traded her for pirouge with a small leak.

What was her name????

23-Aug-16
I have forgotten to bring bow sting wax when I really needed it.

23-Aug-16
bowwriter, I had a similar issue with a girl friend years ago. She loved to party and could drink an Irishmen under the table. When things got bad between us, she had cut me back on her affections to only "twice a week". Later I learned there were others she had cut off all together! LOL! Always the last to know.

You do get what you are willing to put up with. Can't fathom the crap some of partners tolerate from their mates. Nobody wants a dish rag, but I can't stand a overly bossy woman that makes her man miserable for sport. The dominate ones IMO are more likely to cheat and treat you like crap along the way.If you can find one that makes you laugh and doesn't sleep around, you are better off than most. Thank you lord for the one that puts up with me, God bless them all!

LaGriz

• Sitka Gear