Conus_Reaper 16-Aug-16
Chasewild 16-Aug-16
Cheesehead Mike 16-Aug-16
YZF-88 16-Aug-16
Tracker 17-Aug-16
Elkaddict 17-Aug-16
Will 17-Aug-16
15-Aug-16
24 days till I'm hunting. I'm running a Spot Hogg 5 pin sight set at 20,30,40,50,60. Not super excited about how everything laid out in the reticle. I'm thinking of raising the sight 1/4" or so with the gang adjustment and running pins at 30-70 instead. I have the room. Would make it a more comfortable hold at distance. However, I'm shooting decent groups and scared to start over this close to the season. What would you do?

15-Aug-16
I run my pins on the 5s, but I wouldn't have my top pin at 30...

15-25 is where it all happens.

EDIT: I lay my pins low in the sight and the bottom of the ring is 80, which makes the bottom side 105 for follow up shots.

I wouldn't count on 60+ yard shots, but that's me.

15-Aug-16
I agree, only in the perfect storm would I take a 50yd+ shot. I have in the past though ran 25,35,45... which worked well. Holding center mass your 25 should be good from 0-30, of course depending on your bows speed. This allowed me to not over think those closer shots, basically ran Fred Bear logic vs spot shooting.

15-Aug-16
20, 35 & 50 for me for the past 15+ years. If you have shot your set up for any amount of time, don't change it now. In the heat of the moment, your brain may remember your old settings.

16-Aug-16
I shoot a five pin Spot Hogg too. I put a piece of white bandage tape on my bow next to my sight with the distances clearly marked with a sharpie. 25-65. Just in case you get rattled in the heat of the moment. Doesn't cost anything

16-Aug-16
20, 35, & 50 for me also. Keeps from cluttering my old eyes. Also like Idyl. I know what yardage my bubble is. (73) NOT good to change now though.

16-Aug-16
Leave it alone....

>>>>-------->

16-Aug-16
I would start over and get comfortable. At under 30 days fine tuning and confidence is what you are looking for.

Not sure about a 70yd pin. Try and get a little closer.

16-Aug-16
I have a Spot Hogg 5 pin as well at 20,30,40,50,60. Now I wouldn't probably ever shoot 50 or 60 at an elk, but I keep them for training. This year I zeroed everything out after all the modifications done to my bow. Made sure everything is spot on to 40 yards, and then started shooting 60. It's the first year I have practiced at this distance consistently. You wouldn't believe the difference it makes on my 20,30,40 yard shots.

16-Aug-16
Stop overthinking it. As we near the "test" we want to restudy what we've studied and learned. Just commit to the course at this point and relax.

16-Aug-16
I just replaced 4 out of my 5 pins and it took me all of a half hour to fine tune everything again. I say do it if it makes you feel better. However I don't think I would want my top pin to be 30 yards. I agree that most things happen at less than 30 yards and I don't want to have to remember to hold low in the heat of the moment.

If you have that 15-20 yard frontal shot I want to put my 20 yard pin right where I want the arrow to go not a couple inches below the spot.

16-Aug-16
I have the 7 pin (20-80). Lowered my weight weekend before last and moved every one without a worry.

I find it helps to have a large target and a level piece of tape across the target. Seems to speed up the process just focusing on height variation.

Took my time and didn't spend more than a few hours at it. That included verifying 9 broadhead tipped arrows hit with field points after adjusting the heights.

17-Aug-16
That's why I like my "single pin". Nice clear picture out to any distance I fell confident to shoot at.

17-Aug-16
With today's technology moving things and resighting is so simple.

For years I shot a Spot Hogg 7DP. 25, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and bubble at 104.

Switched to a MBG Ascent Verdict this year.

17-Aug-16
YZF-88

The tape suggestion just might be the coolest thing I have read all day.

• Sitka Gear