Bull-Tipper 17-Aug-16
brianhood 17-Aug-16
lariat 17-Aug-16
Bull-Tipper 20-Sep-16
Bull-Tipper 20-Sep-16
phutch30 20-Sep-16
Fixitman 20-Sep-16
17-Aug-16
Heading back to the Big Hole this year. Had some limited success last year but it's like the needle and the haystack situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Be there the first week maybe second too. Thanks. D.

17-Aug-16
Do you know why they don't have a beauty contest in Wisdom?

No one wants to be called Ms Bighole!!

17-Aug-16
Just be sure you carry a sidearm in that country. Not so much for bears, but for when it comes time to track your Bull and there's already 4 other "bow hunters" fighting over it when you finally show up...

17-Aug-16
? What is the big hole? State?

17-Aug-16
Firsty, its a river in southwest Montana. Or my mother in laws mouth.

17-Aug-16
????? hahaha ?????

17-Aug-16
????? hahaha ?????

17-Aug-16
????? hahaha ?????

17-Aug-16
Best of luck to ya

17-Aug-16
I have hunted that area 5 times since ''99. I have not seen near the elk there the last few times. Don't know if it's the wolves or what, but it does not seem to be what it once was. I really love the place and will likely go back sometime. Best of luck to you, and I'd love to hear about your trip.

20-Sep-16
Well the Bighole trip came and went. Just as some would expect. With rare sightings of elk and hoards of hunters. Much much more than last year. It was like everybody who went called all their cousins cousins. If it was slightly flat it had a ten, pop up or fifthwheel on it. Our first day we made it up to a gate slept about 45 minutes in the truck then headed out in the dark. About a mile in we heard and elk beller down in the bottom and sent my shooter out to set up. 15 minutes later he walks back and says some guys just trotted past him. Me being me I found them and asked them if they came in from the bottom. Oh no they said we parked behind you guys!. WTH! You parked and walked down a road you know other bowhunters are hunting on ? Yeah why? 390, 000 acres in this unit alone and you couldn't find another road? Uhh no. Hmm well are you guy alone or what ? Yes but another guy and gal pulled in behind us ..WTH!? Really yeah not sure if they came this far though..So yeah I got out of there. That was pretty much the story EVERYWHERE we went. Horse trailers ATV'S trucks cars vans ect. So if your buddy went missing during the first two week of the season they probably were in the big-hole.

20-Sep-16
Well the Bighole trip came and went. Just as some would expect. With rare sightings of elk and hoards of hunters. Much much more than last year. It was like everybody who went called all their cousins cousins. If it was slightly flat it had a ten, pop up or fifthwheel on it. Our first day we made it up to a gate slept about 45 minutes in the truck then headed out in the dark. About a mile in we heard and elk beller down in the bottom and sent my shooter out to set up. 15 minutes later he walks back and says some guys just trotted past him. Me being me I found them and asked them if they came in from the bottom. Oh no they said we parked behind you guys!. WTH! You parked and walked down a road you know other bowhunters are hunting on ? Yeah why? 390, 000 acres in this unit alone and you couldn't find another road? Uhh no. Hmm well are you guy alone or what ? Yes but another guy and gal pulled in behind us ..WTH!? Really yeah not sure if they came this far though..So yeah I got out of there. That was pretty much the story EVERYWHERE we went. Horse trailers ATV'S trucks cars vans ect. So if your buddy went missing during the first two week of the season they probably were in the big-hole.

20-Sep-16
AHHH gotta love SW MT. Ive called in more hunters this yr than elk.

20-Sep-16
Had the exact same thing happen to me. Could not believe how some people "hunt". How do they expect to see anything riding around on atvs squeezing their Hoochie mama. And that was 4 miles Beyond the non moterized boundary sign The atvs chased them onto private ranches were the shoulder season gun hunters blasted away at them. Pretty sad I have been hunting elk sense 1988 and this was by far the worst experience ever. Just my 2 cents but if Montana doesn't do something about limiting atvs and the amount of trails they have created it will only get worst A lot will have to change before I go back I'm already looking elsewhere for next year

• Sitka Gear