JordanMOFLCO 19-Aug-16
txhunter58 20-Aug-16
Jaquomo 20-Aug-16
JordanMOFLCO 20-Aug-16
Start My Hunt 20-Aug-16
Start My Hunt 20-Aug-16
Grunt-N-Gobble 21-Aug-16
19-Aug-16
I know you his has probably beat to death on the Bowsite.

I'm looking for a map for SW Colorado (GMU 75) to carry in my day pack. I'm looking for a hard copy map (not an electronic version).

What type of map, scale, waterproof and ?? would you suggest?

Where could I buy the map?

19-Aug-16
mytopo.com you can make your own custom topo of where you want

19-Aug-16
+1

You can make it as big or small an area as you want because you custom design the map. Then they waterproof it and fold it compactly. They have fast service too

As far as scale, I start at 1/24000 and then try more and more detail (bigger scale till I get the best enlargement of the area I plan to hunt. Sometimes that is 1:20000, sometimes 1: 10000

19-Aug-16
The weather proof/rip proof National Geographic GMU maps are by far the best.

19-Aug-16
DIY Hunting Maps show detail like closed and decommissioned roads that none of the other maps show, on a small scale topo. StartMyHunt maps show elk forage, security zones, and migration routes overlayed onto a topo that you can custom scale however big or small you want.

These are the only two maps I reference anymore.

19-Aug-16
X2 my topo...er X3

20-Aug-16
Jaquomo, in reference to "small scale" are you talking about maps on GPS? The paper maps all see to be 1:70,000. I am not in the GPS maps camp yet, so I like paper maps, and can get a lot better detail of small areas on Topo. Or am I missing something?

20-Aug-16
I don't know the DIY scale of his paper maps, but it's twice the scale of the USFS paper maps. The value there is in the closed and decommissioned logging roads, etc. That aren't shown on MyTopo, USFS, USGS.

The StartMyHunt maps are custom-sized, and show elk habitat features that no other maps show.

20-Aug-16
Ok Lou......I'm trying one.

20-Aug-16
Lou,

I appreciate the support. All of my maps are customized to fit your particular area. Just send me something I can work with like a coordinate or the name of a mountain peak or lake to center your map and you will get what you need.

Mike

20-Aug-16
Also, you will have them within a week from your order.

21-Aug-16
Mike........ Sent you a pm with a question

• Sitka Gear