Darrell 26-Aug-16
bud 26-Aug-16
JordanMOFLCO 28-Aug-16
WV Mountaineer 28-Aug-16
JordanMOFLCO 28-Aug-16
19-Aug-16

JordanMOFLCO's embedded Photo
JordanMOFLCO's embedded Photo
So it's the Friday before the Friday I drive up to 10,600' to pitch camp, check game cams (if they are still there), and prepare to get up and chase elk with my bow the next morning.

Hoping my nose bleed issue resolves in the next 7 days. Wife is skittish about me going solo right now. I must admit I am concerned although I know it will be just an annoyance that will ruin my hunt and not life threatening.....although I do bleed heavily when it flows.

At least I was able to remove the Rhino Rocket from my nose today and I'm not bleeding now. Focus on keeping my humidifier running and the linings of my nose moist. Major taper time for me. LOL

Anyway.....best of luck to everyone as your seasons kick into gear. The next 4-5 weekends are going to be a ton of fun for me!

19-Aug-16
Good luck to you too with your health and your hunting this year!!

19-Aug-16
Good luck Jordan. I leave in 13 days. Can't get here quick enough

24-Aug-16
2 days left and I had another small bloody nose episode last night after going to bed. Had humidifier running next to me all evening and next to the bed. Using saline spray and AYR gel to keep nose moist. What a crock of $&(#!

I can't imagine not having a severe bleed when my blood is pumping and I'm straining hauling out a load of meat.

This season may be a real challenge. Already I am constantly hyper aware of my nose, my heart rate, etc. which will by itself impact the hunt as far as enjoyment and ability to focus on the hunt.

ARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!

24-Aug-16
Have they tried cauterization?

24-Aug-16
It isn't fun but ended the nose bleeds immediately for me and mine were BAD BAD BAD

24-Aug-16
sprung another leak after dinner tonight right after I squirted some saline spray up in it to moisten things. DAMMIT

My doc gave me a referral to an ENT for a consultation. So hopefully the ENT will be able to cauterize this crap and I can move on and enjoy the season.

@#(*$@()^)(*^*(%$_*!^@_#$&+!)%&+!)(&+#$)&$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24-Aug-16
Dang, Jordan....hope the ENT gets it fixed quick! Good luck.

24-Aug-16
Thanks Nick.

It ain't gonna get fixed before friday but I'm gutting out the opener come bloody nose or snow or both. I'll just shove it full of clotting strips and gauze and take longer and move slower.

Fork it!

Can't keep me down. But it might suck. Not going would suck worse.

25-Aug-16
I got most of my gear loaded in the truck ready to go to elk camp tomorrow without springing up any nose bleeds......knock on wood. All that is left is a few of the more valuable items before I go tomorrow morning. Hoping the cool wet weather helps my nose.

26-Aug-16
No one will notice the grey in your beard with that hose hanging out of your nose!

26-Aug-16
OK, I don't know this will work for you, however, for me a "Festus Rock" always solves nose bleeds.

What in the world is a "Festus Rock" you ask? I call it that because when I was a kid, I saw Festus on Gunsmoke show someone how to stop a nose bleed so I tried it and it just flat works.

Take a small rock (smooth pea gravel about half the size of a regular marble works best for me) and put it under your upper lip as far up as you can get it against the bridge of your nose on the side that is leaking. It will continue to bleed some for a few minutes and then it will stop. Your case looks like it likely is more than a normal bleed, however, a friend of ours son had chronic nose bleeds and it worked for him as well.

I get them fairly regularly also and the "Festus Rock" does the trick every time and it doesn't leave your nose all gunked up with dried blood.

26-Aug-16
Try these nose drops. Ponaris. They have them behind the counter at drugstores. No RX needed but you have to ask for them.

28-Aug-16
Grubby,

I skipped gray and went straight to white.

Thx guys....festus rock.....hmmmmmmm......might try that but sounds kinda hoookey.

So far, so good.

28-Aug-16
Dang it man. May I ask what is causing this? Is your platelet count good? God Bless

28-Aug-16
All good on tests. Keep asking me if I do cocaine. LOL I think moving from FL to CO has a little bit to do with it.

• Sitka Gear