Kinda cool for the opener
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
JordanMOFLCO 23-Aug-16
LUNG$HOT 23-Aug-16
Lark Bunting 23-Aug-16
JordanMOFLCO 23-Aug-16
23-Aug-16
It seems a bit cooler this year for the CO archery opener. I know I've seen a good 10 degree drop in the past 2 weeks. Forecase is for mid to low 50's to mid to upper 30's with 50% chance of rain/snow in my area this weekend. Seems like it is usually 75F or warmer during the day and dry as a popcorn fart this time of year in the past.

What do ya think? Normal, cooler, warmer, drier, wetter, this year for the opening weekend?

23-Aug-16
I agree Jordan, Cooling off quickly here on the front range. I start to feel like a kid in a candy store when the weather begins to cool off. I'll be hunting Mule deer and a Cow elk tag in my pocket this weekend for a short trip, then heading up Sept 5 for 10 days to hunt elk in my LE unit. WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO.

23-Aug-16
I see four days of rain prior to the opener. Then, mid 60s for the weekend. I'm hoping it makes the woods a bit more quiet. This area is full of dead-fall and navigating that stuff when dry makes for a noisy hike.

23-Aug-16
LB....that is what I was thinking.....wet enough to be quiet but not soppy dripping miserable wet would be very nice!

• Sitka Gear