Glunt@work 23-Aug-16
tacklebox 23-Aug-16
midwest 23-Aug-16
Z Barebow 23-Aug-16
Charlie Rehor 23-Aug-16
wyobullshooter 23-Aug-16
elkmtngear 23-Aug-16
23-Aug-16
What do I do to pass the 4 weeks time until I am ELK hunting.

23-Aug-16
Get gear together, shoot your bow and dream! Shawn

23-Aug-16
My list of what I am doing for the next weeks Will:

1. Continuing to get in better and better shape every day.

2. Shooting my bow daily.

3. Studying and restudying maps and notes of my hunting area.

4. Being a miserable SOB to my wife who says every August I become intolerable until elk/mule deer season starts.

23-Aug-16
Drive to CO and hunt. It starts this weekend. :^)

23-Aug-16
Only 8 days for me :)

23-Aug-16
I've learned to love the anticipation and preparation ALMOST as much as the hunt itself. Sorting out gear, shooting, still training hard and starting to peak for my marathon in Oct., map and GE study, meal prep, setting up the tents, buying more hunting stuff....lots of things to do!

23-Aug-16
Circle back on any FS road closures. Look at fires in your area.

My gear is spread throughout my home office. Been shooting almost daily. Will head to the range this weekend to shoot some longer distances with broadheads to make sure everything is dialed in. Study maps and GE.

Put together my incidentals shopping list/restock travel sized items (Contact solution, toothpaste, etc) and other consumables (Freezer paper, foods, baby wipes, etc) and package my food for daily intake. Make trail mix. (Jerky is already made and vacuum sealed). Making peanut butter, honey and bacon sandwiches tonight.

23-Aug-16
I'm sitting in my basement right now surrounded by 3 or 4 times the stuff I'll actually need for my next month of hunts. When you drive you tend to take way more than what you'll need. The anticipation truly is a blessing. Safe travels all! C

23-Aug-16
Double and triple check everything, and I mean everything. I start getting ready a couple months prior, but never fail to wish I had a little more time when it's actually time to leave.

Shoot your bow as much as you can, small doses at a time, so you have the uptmost confidence.

23-Aug-16
Run, lift, shoot.

Time to start going through my gear list.

Gonna try to put a buck in the freezer before I leave...I managed to get a little fresh pork a couple weeks ago...

Darth Pig photo Darth Sow_zpsjj9m8hc5.jpg

• Sitka Gear