IdyllwildArcher 28-Aug-16
Barty1970 31-Aug-16
midwest 31-Aug-16
ELKMAN 31-Aug-16
yooper89 02-Sep-16
yooper89 12-Sep-16
GregE 12-Sep-16
26-Aug-16
The day before has finally come. I put in all the prep work, dialed in the bow and was ready to rock. Last weekend I was deployed to Baton Rouge to work on the floods and now it looks like I'll miss the entire season. Really bummin, but good luck to all the hunters headed out!

Yoop

26-Aug-16
Yoop,

Bummer! However, thanks a ton for helping people out and for your service. Maybe you will get back in time for a few days at least.

26-Aug-16
Wow, you're taking that a heck of a lot better than I would. Congrats on a great attitude!

26-Aug-16
Yooper 89 deserves to tag out...service and duty calls...please God let the tag be notched next season!!!

26-Aug-16
Good man doing good things! Your reward will come! Thank you sir! C

26-Aug-16
Thanks for your Service, Christian!

Best of Luck, Jeff

26-Aug-16
Yes sir, bummer good luck & stay safe sir!

ElkNut1

26-Aug-16
Good karma will come your way.

26-Aug-16
Sacrifice will pay in dividends.

26-Aug-16
I'm gonna need everybody to post all their pics and updates. I need something to keep me sane while down here!

Knock em dead!

26-Aug-16
Yooper,

Not sure how well you are set up on places to hunt. However, if next year you need to improve your hunting location, send me a PM and I will start a post for you referencing this thread. I'm sure there are a bunch of guys in CO who would be happy to help you out knowing you have giving this year up to help in LA.

If you want to put in for NM, I can certainly put you on some good spots.

26-Aug-16
Yooper,

Not sure how well you are set up on places to hunt. However, if next year you need to improve your hunting location, send me a PM and I will start a post for you referencing this thread. I'm sure there are a bunch of guys in CO who would be happy to help you out knowing you have giving this year up to help in LA.

If you want to put in for NM, I can certainly put you on some good spots.

26-Aug-16
Yooper - I live outside of baton rouge. Thanks for your help, we sure need it. If you need anything while you are here PM me and let me know. If you're still here come deer season let me know you're welcome at my place.

26-Aug-16
Thanks everybody! Stretch - if I'm here long enough I may have to take you up on that.

27-Aug-16
Today's the day! I expect pictures and updates!

27-Aug-16
I'm another one just outside of Baton Rouge which is where I grew up. Rather painful to see every house I lived in take on water. Even more painful to see thousands upon thousands homeless and in such need.

I echo Stretch's comments that if you need anything while here let me know and I'd love to offer up a place to deer hunt as well while you are here. Our bow opener is on October 1st. I hunt right next to Stretch's and we can lure one of his bucks to our side of the road.......hahahaha.

A big thanks to you and all that are helping us out.

28-Aug-16
Thank you sir, for doing what you do and God bless.

28-Aug-16
Thank you for your service. Good luck when you do get to hunt.

28-Aug-16
That's a bummer. Thanks for your service.

31-Aug-16
And this is another fantastic reason why I love Bowsite...

Fellow bowhunters doing good things [even if that means that they can't bowhunt] and then other bowhunters doing good things for those other bowhunters who are doing other good things

31-Aug-16
Thank you for your service, yooper!

31-Aug-16
Thank you for your service!

02-Sep-16
ArcherDan & stretch - I should be here another 7-8 weeks barring no serious damage from Hurricane Herm. Maybe we can work something out! I'd be more than happy to throw a little money y'all's way if I could get a hunt in.

12-Sep-16
Due to some surprising news (got a mini Yooper on the way) - I get to sneak back to Colorado tomorrow through Saturday. Going to take 2-3 days and head into the mountains after all!

I'm beyond fired up!

12-Sep-16
Good news on both counts!! Drive safe, hunt hard. We'll be watching for your report.

• Sitka Gear