fubar racin 03-Sep-16
Whip 03-Sep-16
rattling_junkie 04-Sep-16
Tracker12 04-Sep-16
Tracker12 04-Sep-16
Bull-Tipper 20-Sep-16
Bull-Tipper 20-Sep-16
30-Aug-16
Ten days before I head to WY and the soles are pulling off of my old Vasque boots. Going to head to REI this week and see what's available. I have a pair of high-top leather Irish Setters just in case. Lookin for a light weight hiker.

30-Aug-16
Lowa Innox. Damn near weightless; like 900g I think.

30-Aug-16
Lowa Renegades...love the weight and my feet love them.

30-Aug-16
Lowa Tibets GTX

30-Aug-16
Leaky ass Merrell Moab mid-top GTX. Feet looked like prunes. So I switched to my Lowa Tibets........plan to get some Renegades next.

30-Aug-16
Merrell

30-Aug-16
3 year old Lowa Renegades.

I've chewed them up on the outside, but they are still functional and waterproof. I treat them with Obenaufs.

Best of Luck, Jeff

30-Aug-16
I have a set of Lowa GTX Hi with L&S inserts that near about killed me. I bought them without trying them on. If they work for any of you guys I would love to send them to someone for a discount!!! They are size 12 and have been worn for 6 days.

I just ordered a pair of Vasque hiking boots for my Mt hunt this year. Tried them on at a local shop first this time.

30-Aug-16
Asolo TPS 520 and love them. My Lowa Renegades are super comfortable and lighter weight but I don't get the life out of them like the TPS. REI should have both in stock.

30-Aug-16
Lowa Renegades and an 8 year old pair of Meindl Perfekt Hikers that are still holding up and waterproof.

30-Aug-16
Lowa Tibets GTX

30-Aug-16
Lowa Camino and lowa Rangers here. Switch them out each day.

30-Aug-16
Lots of good choices above,, but I would get a good boot that fits "UR" feet well.. I would not get to stiff of a boot with only 10 days left.. They take to long to break in. Meindl Perfekt Hiker fit my feet well, so they are my go to boot.. The new 2016 Meindl Perfekt Hikers are a new boot design. To me they look better. I will let you know after this season how they are.

Ed

30-Aug-16
Asolo Bajura

30-Aug-16
Have worn Lowa Tibet GTX for years but the two pair I have both leak now...

This year I'm trying Han Wag Alaska GTX with Lathrop Synergy foot beds.

I also have Lowa Renegades that I really like for lighter pack days.

30-Aug-16
Meindl, really like them because of my wide duck feet...4E!!!

30-Aug-16
Lowa Ranger.

30-Aug-16
Keen boots.......USA made, and the most comfortable boot I've worn in years.

30-Aug-16
Lowa Camino LL. Really liking this boot, fits like it was made for me. Not as stiff as a Tibet and a good deal more support than the Renegade.

30-Aug-16
Lowa Renegade for the easier terrain Lowa Tibet for the steep, rocky and nasty stuff

30-Aug-16
Kenetrek Mtn Extreme 400 Insulated!

ElkNut1

30-Aug-16
Zamberlan Trekker but I think they discontinued them. Held up great for five years. Put some shoe goo on them to keep the last attached to the upper last summer. Still going on year six!

30-Aug-16
Well I guess I need to check out the Lowa. While I always liked the Kenetrek I have never found a model that quite fit my wide foot very well.

30-Aug-16
Tracker,

REI should have the Lowa Renegade in stock and I believe they can get the Tibet.

30-Aug-16
Zamberlan Lynx

30-Aug-16
Vasque is the most comfortable boot I have found. BigDan recommended them so they have to be good! Mike

30-Aug-16
Mammut Brecon

30-Aug-16
Too late to do decent break-in. Recommend giving the Salomon line a look-see. The Ultra-X mid heights fit like tennis shoes, are WAY light, grip like blue, and have some pretense to being able to carry weight. They have Goretex but it wears out pretty fast.

30-Aug-16
LOWA hiking shoes. Best boots I have ever worn in 40 years of doing this stuff.

30-Aug-16
Meindl Alaskan Hunter for me. I tried many and they fit my foot the best.

30-Aug-16
Hunting upper midwest, LaCrosse Aero, Red Wing Irish Setters, LLBean and LaCrosse Iceman + waiters just to keep the feet dry and warm; depends on hunting low or high ground.

30-Aug-16
Kennetrek Mountain Extreme Non Insulated.

30-Aug-16
Got a pair of eddy bauer waterproof leather hikers from Sam's the other day for $32. Put 11 miles on em on saturday and they did alright. Guess we'll see how well they hold up, but for $32, thought I could give em a shot.

30-Aug-16
I'm kind of broken hearted. All three pair of my Meindl's are beyond wearable. I absolutely love these boots and have put thousands of miles on all of them from the mountains of Montana and Idaho through every sort of Hell imaginable in northern WI. Cabelas doesn't make the same boots any more and it seems they either make cheap boots that I am not even going to consider or really expensive boots that don't seem to have features to justify the big $$. I hate the thought of sorting through all the boot manufacturers to find what I am going to switch to. This will mean ordering lots of boots and sending back the ones that don't pass. Ugh.

30-Aug-16

brunse's embedded Photo
brunse's embedded Photo
I love REI. But not necessarily for boots. My Lowa lightweight boots renegade gtx maybe. I don't remember. And kenetrek hardscrabble hikers have been ok. I ordered my kenetreks in Wide as the ones they always had at shows didn't feel to good.

I'm going back to the Lowa tibets as soon as I can justify new boots. I love my old pair but are just too warn out to take. I where ten a lot for work and workouts though.

30-Aug-16
Salomon gortex

30-Aug-16
Asolo Bajura's fit me like a glove.

30-Aug-16
Love my asolo Powermatic, and my Solomon Quest 4d but like mentioned before, get the boot that fits your feet best

30-Aug-16
They have my size of Lowa Renegade GTX at Backcountry.com for $172 and free 2 day shipping right now.

30-Aug-16
Some $350 Asolo's that I got for $100 at Sierra Trading Post. Great boots!

30-Aug-16
Asolo's for me too. They have been the perfect blend of comfort and stiffness to wear all day. I put a little over 40miles on them on my first elk hunt in AZ a few yrs back and never had a blister... don't really remember any hot spots.

My next pair will be Asolo's again! Pete

30-Aug-16
Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400s. Just enough insulation to keep you from freezing without sweating your feet out during the hikes.

30-Aug-16
Asolo...

30-Aug-16
LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoe. Been happy with them for 40 years!

30-Aug-16
Keens Pittsburg, non steel toe version.

30-Aug-16
The Lowa renegades don't need breaking in. If they fit, put em on and go.

I'm on my third pair. the third pair has been worn less than the second pair, but are in worse shape. Perhaps quality of manufacturing is going down?

31-Aug-16
I've found I don't pick up my feet much b/c the toe rubber on the renegades gets beat up fast. I've shoe goo'd my own rubber bumper, works pretty good but do it some time before your hunt to let the stink wear off.

31-Aug-16
Lowa Tibets since 2013. Love em. Much more agreeable on my feet than the Kenetreks I wore before.

Once these bite the dust, I'll get another set of Lowa Tibets, and a set of lighter weight hiking type boots for early season.

31-Aug-16
Lowa Renegades for me. If you go this route both my buddy and I have found they run a bit small so we moved up 1 size. We beat the hell out of ours last year on Arizona "ankle-breakers" and neither of us had any problems. As mentioned, if sized properly, they require little break-in.

31-Aug-16
I'm wearing UnderArmour Wall Hanger boots. One of the few UA items I have

They'll die here soon, and I'll probably look at the Lowa Renegades or some Keens

I prefer light light light. I don't need much ankle support, and don't want insulated

Of course, I'm not hunting extreme terrain either. If I had a sheep hunt or a goat hunt planned, I'd probably really be looking at some heavier boots

I'm actually taking 3 pairs on my hunt this year, but I'll mostly wear the Wall Hangers. I'll also take UA Speed Freaks that I've about worn out, and some heavy Danner Elk Hunter boots

31-Aug-16
Zamberlan and Meindl can not be beat.

31-Aug-16
Crap, wish I would have waited one day Nick! I bought a set off ebay through a store....says they will be here on Tuesday!! That's cutting it close :)

31-Aug-16
Try them on and go with a high quality boot that fits you. For me it is the Zambelain Vioz GT. I have had 7 pairs and absolutely love them.

01-Sep-16
Mucks and keens, the meindle's lowa's will be back up

01-Sep-16
schnees Granites -- narrowest boot I could find.

01-Sep-16
Got me some waterproof socks to use in my leaking ass Merrells.

Dexshell Hytherm Pro Waterproof Socks

This is a Mid calf length thermal sock - waterproof and Highly breathable The Merino Wool terry loop piles cover the full inside of the sock, offering exceptional thermal Protection Comfortable fit to Mid calf Inherently moisture wicking performance inner Fully covered Merino Wool terry loop piles inside for superb warmth

I hope they work.

01-Sep-16
I bought two pairs of Crispi's about a month ago and am loving them.

I wore Schnee's Beartooth boots for the previous six years and loved them but I am really liking the Crispi's.

01-Sep-16
Renegades will leak as fast as the Moabs. Had em all, two pairs of Renegades. Just bought my 3rd pair of Moabs but the dry ground ventilator version.

01-Sep-16
Renegades and hooked on phonecks or phoenix or whatever worked for me!

03-Sep-16

Tracker12's embedded Photo
Went with the Lowa Renegards. Tried on a bunch of boots at REI. These just fit right and quality liked pretty good.

03-Sep-16

Went with the Lowa Renegads. Tried on a bunch of boots at REI. These just fit right and quality liked pretty good.

03-Sep-16

Went with the Lowa Renegade. Tried on a bunch of boots at REI. These just fit right and quality liked pretty good.

03-Sep-16
For super light I also like Lowa Renegades. For heavier higher boots in snow I like Lowa Tibets. My favorite all round boot are Scarpa Kailach. They are pretty amazing! They are a tad heavier than Renegades but much lighter than Tibets. I've used and abused my Scarpas and Lowas...both are great. If I was going to pick 1 boot I'd pick the Scarpas.

03-Sep-16
I have 2 pronghorn hunts 3 mule deer hunts and 4 elk hunts on a $3 pair of navados hiking boots I got on an end of season clearance at walmart. They have 3 to 4 hundred miles on them and don't hurt my feet. IV ooggled lowa Tibet's for a few years now but can't justify the money when what I have is so light and is currently working so well.

03-Sep-16
I bought a pair of Solomon Quest this year and like them a lot after just returning from a Utah mule deer hunt. Lightweight with decent support, and they fit me well.

I used my standard quick break in trick with great results. Put the boots on then stand in a tub of water until they are throughly soaked. Then wear them on a nice long hike or while working around the yard all day. They mold perfectly to my feet and I never had a hot spot during my hunt.

04-Sep-16
Carcus convinced me to go with Keens, will use Mucks as well.

04-Sep-16
I came close to buying the Keens. I have had the low ones for ears an had good success but something about the way the Lowa felt on my feet kept bringing me back to them. They felt like an old pair of LL Bean hikers that I just loved. Unfortunately they changed them up and the new ones are just to narrow.

04-Sep-16
Well did a ten mile hike today in the new boots. Good news is that I got no hot spots and ended the hike blister free. That being said at the end my feet were aching in the heel area. Going to add some superfeet inserts and see how that works out.

20-Sep-16
I'm very pleased that I chose Lowa Renegades. We had snow, wet grass, creeks and a mixture of all the above at times. Never a leak. Just enough stiffness and ankle support to where you can still sneak if you have to. I'm not a big spender but they have got to be the best boots I've bought.

20-Sep-16
I'm very pleased that I chose Lowa Renegades. We had snow, wet grass, creeks and a mixture of all the above at times. Never a leak. Just enough stiffness and ankle support to where you can still sneak if you have to. I'm not a big spender but they have got to be the best boots I've bought.

• Sitka Gear