UltimatePred 22-Nov-16
UltimatePred 22-Nov-16
UltimatePred 07-Mar-17
UltimatePred 07-Mar-17
UltimatePred 07-Mar-17
UltimatePred 07-Mar-17
05-Sep-16

UltimatePred's Link
We are beyond excited to release our new Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam! We have been dying waiting on our 1st shipment. They are finally IN STOCK.....for the moment! Prepare to be blown away for less than $200.

Just like you, we have been using adventure cameras for years. Again, just like you, we have been constantly disappointed after viewing the footage at home. What we thought was going to be awesome video of our hunting or fishing trip, turned out to be absolutely worthless. The buck which was only 30 yards from you might as well have been 300 yards. This is because all adventure cameras out there are designed to film close in and not what we are looking for when we hunt or fish......

That is until NOW!!

The standard adventure cam usually employs either a 160 or 170 degree field of view lens. This is designed as an "all in one" approach to adventure cameras, but far from ideal when you are trying to capture the climax of a hunt. To solve this dilemma, we had a lens custom engineered for the needs of hunters and fishermen, and we paired that with a 12 megapixel CMOS image processor. This is comparable to hitting the zoom button 4 times on a 170 degree lens.

The Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam is capable of full HD 4K video. With these features, you get a perfect image every time.

To make it even better, why not add a 4X DIGITAL ZOOM to the camera similar to the one in your iPhone or Samsung Galaxy.

The Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam has WiFi connectivity and a wristwatch style Radio Frequency remote.

We do not want you to just have the ULTIMATE camera, we want you to have the ULTIMATE kit too!

Our kit is designed with hunters and fishermen in mind. You get the camera, a waterproof case, a padded soft sided carrying case, a gun & bow mount, a head mount, a remote watch, multiple other attachment pieces, an external charger, a battery, and a backup battery.

***INTRODUCTORY OFFER.....you also get a 32GB class 10 micro SD card...while supplies last.

Please, please help us to spread the word about our cameras by telling your hunting buddies. We would GREATLY appreciate it!

05-Sep-16
Don't laugh too hard. This is not a fancy harvest video. I literally had my business partner sprint around town to find a couple of bucks to film. The purpose of videoing these deer in town was to highlight the lens and zoom capability of the new Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam. We wanted to show you what you have been missing for years when you try to film your hunts!

The UPAC is fully zoomed in.

06-Sep-16
Looks good. Do you have some specs on weight and battery life? And how much video you get on that chip?

Do you have pics of it mounted on a bow?

06-Sep-16
I really like the wrist watch to start and stop recording.

06-Sep-16
Image stabilization?

06-Sep-16
Note the return policy / warrantee.

06-Sep-16
cjgregory, I love the wristwatch too. It is one of my favorite elements.

Snapcrackpop, it does not have image stabilization. However, I'm quite confident you will be steady as a rock when you get ready to shoot your animal....:)

ldyllwildArcher, there is a photo of it attached to my bow on our website. www.UltimatePredatorGear.com. The cam itself weighs just 2.3 oz. All of the specs for the amount of video you can get on chips is also on the website. As for the battery life, it averages about 1.5 hours of record time. It all depends on the particular settings at the time of the video.

06-Sep-16
Purdue, our official Return Policy for our products is on the website, but it's pretty simple. We want the customer to be happy so we are always happy to work with you on an individual basis within reason.

Our web designer is working on getting the Warranty up on the site now. It's pretty simple too. Basically, it's a one year manufacture's defect warranty that covers everything except water damage.

06-Sep-16
ultimate pred how does this differ from the sj5000x? My sj 5000x has all of the same features, but always looking for something better.

06-Sep-16
How close to dark will this work? If I order it today how long will it take to get to my house (in CA)?

06-Sep-16
Bruce, let me start by saying I do not own a sj5000x so my response will be based off of my research online.

It looks like you have a 170 degree lens which will make the animal look MUCH further away similar to what you are viewing in the video above.

I do not believe yours has zoom capabilities either.

Our battery is 150 mAh larger.

Ours also comes with many more accessories: - Head mount - Back up battery - Dual wall charger instead of just a usb cord - Gun & Bow mount (I believe that one comes with a handle bar clamp or something) - Wristwatch remote

If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a shout at 719-800-1497.

06-Sep-16
Williamtell, if you order in the next two hours, we can have it out today, and you should receive it on Friday.

As for your "how close to dark" question, that's a very tough/subjective one to answer. One, I don't ever carry a watch when I'm out hunting. It also depends greatly on wether or not your beside a mountain, if it's cloudy or sunny , your in the woods or wide open, etc.

What I can tell you is that we are EXTREMELY pleased with how well it performs in low light conditions.

06-Sep-16
Those who have used the GoPro know the camera is worthless the last 45 minutes of legal shoot time. Low light is terrible. This replaces my GoPro at half the price. Thanks for catering to a bow hunters needs!

06-Sep-16
CMOS is the same sensor in the Sonys, I believe.

06-Sep-16
You are very welcome Charlie!

Snapcrackpop, to my understanding CMOS is a technology used in image processors. It is the type of material (Complimentary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) used in the sensor. You will find CMOS processors in everything from cell phones to high-end prosumer DSLR cameras. Pairing this technology with our specially engineered lens is what provides our camera with high quality images.

I by no means claim to be an expert in this field. This is why we rely on our engineers to help us produce a killer camera.

06-Sep-16
Been looking at GoPro cams for a couple of years, hoping they would add zoom features. Looks like your camera is way more in line with what I've been looking for. I take quite a few videos from the tree stand with my IPhone and it does a pretty good job, however, I would still like to be able to zoom in a bit closer than I can with my phone, which I believe is 4X.

Any chance that your camera is going to have even more zooming capabilities in the future that what it has now?

Thanks.....Troy

07-Sep-16
So your lens is 4x over a gopro & you have the ability to "zoom" 4x as well? Total of 8x over a gopro or just 4x?

07-Sep-16
Snapcrakpop, you're first sentence is exactly correct! The lens itself makes it appear like you have hit 4X zoom. Then, it also has 4X digital zoom.

07-Sep-16
Getting picky, but it sure would be nice to have 60fps in 1080p, to make the picture a lot smoother :) Something for the future...thanks for looking out for us hunters!

07-Sep-16
APauls, you are in luck! That is actually a typo on our website. We really do have 60fps in 1080p. We are editing that right now! I'm glad you pointed that out.

07-Sep-16
We'll give you a little closer look at the Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam.

https://youtu.be/F-Vd74Pt-Qs

07-Sep-16
Ok now I need one!

07-Sep-16
Let's try that again.

07-Sep-16
Wow this really does seem like an awesome camera, I have actually been on the fence for getting a go pro and this is weighing in on the decision I have to make heavily. I do use my cameras for a lot of hunting scenarios, but also when I am out doing other things such as biking, riding ATV/s and many other action sports. Have you had anyone test the camera to show the type of footage that it will capture when doing these types of things?

I know this camera comes with great attachments for a great price, but the ability to use it in many other situations is what I am concerned with. If you ever get someone to test it in these situations please post a video! If not I may just take the risk and maybe I will be the go to review for the camera in the future!

07-Sep-16
Can you zoom using the wrist remote (grey buttons?) ? Nice camera. I've been using a Kodak playsport the last few years because of the ability to zoom in on deer. I can also check game cam/sd cards on a playsport. Will the pred cam show pics on an inserted sd card?

08-Sep-16
Maybe i missed it but i dont hear any mention about audio. Does the skeletal case allow audio just like Go Pro cases. Big disadvantage to the Go Pro is that t audio is only brought in from the rear(because the slats are only in t back) and any sound made in front of the camera, is muffled dramatically. Whether it is a person talking or an animal making noise.

08-Sep-16
Very, very nice work! Looks like a lot of time in research and development and a very reasonable price. It will be on my Christmas list for sure!

08-Sep-16
Azbugler, it definitely has been a long haul. It is always a wonderful feeling when you can finally hit market.

08-Sep-16

UltimatePred's embedded Photo
Tazman, I need to do a short video discussing audio. I'll add that to the list. Our microphone is actually on the side of our camera. This allows the microphone to be fully exposed for the best performance when you are using the skeleton case.

I know people will ask so I'm going to address the waterproof case and audio. Just as anyone will expect, the sound will definitely be reduced inside of the waterproof case. It only makes sense. If you have a completely seal up case to keep water out, it will also block sound waves.

There is also a 3rd option. You can use the "waterproof" hard case but install the "non waterproof" back door on the case (it has slits in the backdoor). This still provides great protection for the camera and increases sound quality over the waterproof option, but does not make it waterproof any longer.

Let me try to break it down: Skeleton Case - Best Sound - Least Protection Hard Case with Non Waterproof Backdoor - Moderate Sound - Great Protection Just Not Against Water Hard Case with Waterproof Backdoor - Worst Sound - Best Protection

08-Sep-16
Buckndoe, the wrist remote does not have zoom capability. You zoom by pressing a button on the side of the camera. We are currently looking into adding that feature, but it does not exist yet. We are working to develop the technology.

08-Sep-16
this is very well thought of and thanks for the awesome info

08-Sep-16
TDurr508, we are marketing the camera for hunting and fishing. Enhancing the hunting and fishing experience was our #1 goal in developing the camera.

When we accomplished this task with elements like our lens, image quality, low light performance, zoom, accessories, we actually enhance the camera for every other application too.

At the end of the day, you get fantastic video for a reasonable price.

As for your question about footage of these other activities, I believe the only other one close to what you're referring to that we have on file at the moment is our employee riding his motorcycle. We will definitely have tons more in the future!

08-Sep-16
Link's not working for me (404).

08-Sep-16
Found the website. Is there a viewfinder that shows what you are filling? I can't tell from what I saw. And, if it's in the waterproof case, how do you zoom in and out? I really like the wireless record/standby and being able to zoom remotely would enhance the value IMO. I quit filming about 5 years ago after trying to run two cams at the same time, but this is tempting. Good luck.

08-Sep-16

UltimatePred's Link
Let me try to redo the link. If this doesn't work, you guys can always find us at www.UltimatePredatorGear.com.

08-Sep-16
Keadog, you are in luck! We do have an LCD that is almost the entire size of the back of the camera.

08-Sep-16
UP, it looks like a great product and I'm interested as well. I have a couple of questions for you:

In the "test video" you compare to a GoPro 4 and that model has different "focus" or FOV settings(Wide - Medium - Narrow). Which setting was the test camera in if you know, and could you compare the "Narrow" setting to your 4x?

Also, the GoPro has an app which can control many of the settings on the cameras, have you developed anything like this? I may have missed it but it's a great advantage when running the camera from a set position at a distance.

08-Sep-16
sitO, I actually do not know. I'm going to go with whatever factory settings are. I don't believe he would have changed them. I'll work on getting a comparison, but it will be quite a bit. We are running around like crazy now that we have launched these.

Our cameras use the LAMAX CamApp to do exactly what you are referring to. We are compatible with Android and iPhone.

08-Sep-16

We haven't forgotten about you trad guys! Our camera can mont to traditional bows too. In this photo, we matched the camera angle to Michael's natural cant so he will have a perfectly level video when it's game time.

Our accessories allow you the ability to rotate, twist, tweak, twark, flip, flop or anything else you want to do so you can mount your camera just how you like!

09-Sep-16
Did I miss the explanation of how one zooms in and out while in the waterproof case?

09-Sep-16

Keadog, there are buttons on the side of the waterproof case that control the zoom.

09-Sep-16
This is great news! Go Pro blows. This looks like it solves all the failings of go pro.

09-Sep-16
Woodsdweller, we are quite excited!

11-Sep-16
How does the performance compare to Tactacam?

12-Sep-16
I recently bought a similar cam from another company and was a little dissapointed. That got me thinking of going to a GoPro Hero 4 but now with your camera and offer I am thinking of giving yoours a try.

Being retired and on a fixed budget this helps.

No PayPal?

12-Sep-16
Smokey, we certainly appreciate your interest. Our goal was to provide the highest quality camera for the lowest possible price.

As for PayPal, we have actually had a couple of bad experiences so we have stopped accepting Paypal. However, we do accept all debit/credit cards. Thank you for your interest!

12-Sep-16
Thanks. I don't use credit cards and have had some bad experiences using my Debit card online so that is why I have to use Paypal.

I also would like to know the range of the remote.

12-Sep-16
W8N4RUT, First of all, I really like your screen name.....lol....aren't we all! Let me start by saying, I do not own a Tactacam. Therefore, my response will be based off of my quick research.

The 16 huge elements that immediately stick out are the fact that Tactacam:

1. is limited to recording in 1080p at 30fps (We can recorded 1080p @ 60fps AND 4K.)

2. doesn't zoom (We have 4X zoom.)

3. doesn't have a display (Virtually the entire back of our camera is a LCD)

4. doesn't have a remote. (Ours comes with a remote.)

5. does not come with a head mount. (Ours comes with a head mount.)

6. only charges 1 battery at a time. (Ours can charge both batteries at the same time AND you can plug in an additional item such as your phone.)

7. requires you to plug your Tactacam into a computer, copy a text file to your SD card, and edit a text file if you just want to change the date and time. (You can change ours on the camera in seconds.)

8. does not come with a carrying case. (Ours comes with a zippered carrying case.)

9. sells an SD card that is only 32GB rated at 30MB/s for $40. (While supplies last, we are INCLUDING a free 32 GB SD card rated at 45MB/s. Then, when start selling our cards, they will be MUCH cheaper.)

10. doesn't have exposure settings. (Ours does.)

11. doesn't have photo resolution settings (Ours does.)

12. doesn't have burst photos. (We do!)

13. doesn't have time lapse photography (Guess what??...our UPAC does!)

14. has to be on sale to get down to our price point. (Ours with all of these amazing features and accessories is just $199.95)

15. doesn't have an HDMI out which means you cannot plug and play in a TV. (Ours does, and you can!)

16. Ours has a cool logo on the front!!........jk.....I thought I would throw one last one in there for ya. :)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout at 719-800-1497.

12-Sep-16
Scoot,

It will be killer for your turkey application. I definitely plan on doing exactly what you ask. The wrist remote conservatively works at 15 yards. However, we have pushed it as much as 25 yards.

12-Sep-16
really looking forward to my camera coming i and playing with it, seems like it is going to be a great product

12-Sep-16
TIP: when using a cam with Bluetooth, connect it to a tablet (like a nexus 7). You get much better range than a smartphone.

12-Sep-16
EJG, thank you for your purchase. We really appreciate your business!

Snapcrackpop, thank you for your tip. We are going to go out and test your suggestion tomorrow. We will let you guys know what the results are as soon as we have them.

12-Sep-16
I got to mess around with the demo during the Desert Christian Archery elk seminar. This cam is truly amazing. If you are looking for the highest quality cam that will take your stand hunting to the next level. Give it a whirl, you will not be disappointed. Mike

13-Sep-16
Just got mine yesterday. Can not wait to try this camera out next week on my elk hunt.

13-Sep-16
Ultimate Pred, Tough Q: How are you able to offer this camera with all the "extras" at a much lower price than the Go Pro 4? Mike

13-Sep-16
Thanks for the kind words Bowhunter4life, and thank you for your purchase Pikemaster!

13-Sep-16
Mr. Turner, that is an excellent question. I am happy to answer it for you. Basically, it all boils down to what happens after the cameras are produced. Both us and GoPro use quality/high end components in our cameras. While we may differ in the brand of components, I would contend both companies use excellent components. The same goes for both of our accessories. However, we have stepped it up several notches with our custom engineered lens, adding zoom, etc.

So let's assume for a second for argument sake that our Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam (UPAC) and the GoPro start out at the same manufacturing cost. Why we can offer ours for SOOOOO much less is because of what happens next. The consumer gets to purchase the (UPAC) directly from Ultimate Predator....."Buyer Direct". We cut out all of the middle men. We do not use retailers. We have EXTREMELY low overhead. We are not forced to have a ridiculously high advertising budget to survive. In fact, we implement our own 12 point marketing plan designed to avoid costly advertising methods. One advertising method we LOVE is being Bowsite sponsors. For a reasonable price, we have the ability to connect direct with our consumers.

Our main goal when we started the cameras was to provide the absolute highest quality camera we possibly could for the absolute lowest price for hunters that we possibly could. We feel like we have accomplished that.

The moral of the story is we do not have a "knockoff" camera. We have a better business model!

AND Camera

13-Sep-16
Good answer. I have not pulled the trigger on a Go Pro mainly due to not having the ability to zoom. It is a big deal. Thank you for your answer! Mike

13-Sep-16
Your methods worked on me - read this thread multiple times and pulled the trigger a few minutes ago. Wish I would have done it last week so I could take it with me to Chama tomorrow.

13-Sep-16
loprofile and Mike Turner, thank you very much for your purchases! You'll be pleased to know that I've just packaged them up, and they're en route to you today. (Luke with Ultimate Predator)

13-Sep-16
I will be getting one soon. Using my gopro this year. :( I like the head mount and the wrist watch. I don't have to buy anything else.

13-Sep-16
You are very welcome Mike.

Thank you for your purchases Mike and Ioprofile. We greatly appreciate you business!

13-Sep-16

If mounting your camera to your bow isn't your thing, you always have the option to use our included head mount.

13-Sep-16
I was almost convinced on placing an order if I could work out the payment somehow. Until I saw the range of the remote. 25 yards is not enough since I sometimes shoot deer at 30 yards and need cam set 35-40 yards. GoPro is about 600 feet (under ideal conditions).

I will keep checking your website to see if the range changes.

13-Sep-16
Why does it say free first class shipping but then show it as the charge of $9.49?

13-Sep-16

snapcrackpop's Link
Smokey you MIGHT get better reception with a smartphone or better yet, a tablet, than the manufacturers controler.

See the youtube in my link.

14-Sep-16
Snap, thanks for the video link. I had similar results with my GoPro 3 and Samsung, it was not a S3. Now I have a S6. The remote control had similar result to the phone app on the GP3.

I recently purchased another knock off camera similar to this adventure cam. No remote offered for it and the app is almost useless. I cannot turn on the camera or wake it up. Operator must handle both cam and phone each time to record. So this gets me to needing to more about this model camera and remote.

If camera or remote would work out to 50 yards I would consider buying one.

14-Sep-16
DroptineDC18, the website was getting it's wires crossed since we were throwing in the free SD card. It was picking up the $9.49 for the camera and the free shipping for the SD card. It should be fixed now. The shipping is $9.49.

14-Sep-16
Smokey, with our app and a Galaxy Note 5, we reached out to over 300" today using the Wifi connection. We had the same results with the Galaxy Tab 7. Tomorrow, we will try to test Apple products.

What you must keep in mind with Wifi connection whether it is with a phone, tablet, or remote is you massively drain your battery life not only on the camera but also with what you have paired with it. That goes for any product on the market. In fact, that has been a huge complaint from GoPro users for a long time......myself included. I have owned one for many years and alway had trouble with battery life and pairing when turkey hunting.

Our remote is radio frequency and is on demand communication. There for it only "speaks" with the camera when you need it to not the enter time like a Wifi connection would. While it save the battery, your range is greatly reduced.

Therefore, you must pick the lesser of two evil depending on your situation. With cameras and remotes you get to choose between long battery life but short range or long range and short battery life.

However, I will tell you that we do have a few tricks up our sleeve.

14-Sep-16
I'll be listing my GoPro on eBay this weekend, when it sells I'm buying one of your cameras.

14-Sep-16
Thanks for the update. I will be keeping your camera in mind and when it looks like the remote has the range my GoPro remote (not WiFi phone) had I will likely buy one of your cameras.

14-Sep-16
Thank you Woodguy65. We sure appreciate your future business.

14-Sep-16
Smokey, you are very welcome! One last thing. The long range GoPro remote you are referring to uses WiFi to connect to the camera just like phones or tablets would. Have a wonderful evening.

15-Sep-16
Thanks, good to know. I did not have battery issues with the GP and the remote. I will give your product some more thought.

15-Sep-16
Tried to find a reason to keep using my playsport. Put my order in last night. Can't wait to test it.

15-Sep-16
You're the man Buckndoe! We greatly appreciate your business.

15-Sep-16
Ordered mine today, ready to put it to the test.

15-Sep-16
Fingers crossed for delivery tomorrow. It will be in the stand with me Saturday!

16-Sep-16
Thank you Stycks and DroptineDC18! Let us know if you get any cool footage.

16-Sep-16

17-Sep-16
Do you have any picture samples and video samples in the different settings? Im very interested but not until I can see some image samples. I looked for them but Im not finding them.

Thanks!

17-Sep-16
Willow Paw, we will continue to add photos and videos to our website. Right now, we are running about a million different directions trying to keep up with camera and stalker decoy sales since we are right in the middle of hunting season.

As soon as we slow down, we will get back to adding additional items. Have a wonderful weekend!

18-Sep-16
My Sony connects @ 45 yards with my Nexus 7 tablet, so there's a possibility that this Predator cam will too.

18-Sep-16
I would have to agree with you Snapcrackpop. What we are discovering in our testing is that most of the cameras hold very close in their WiFI capabilities. The real wild cards are actually the abilities of various phones and tablets. That seems to be where the big swings are.

18-Sep-16
My Note 4 gets horrible connection, but I've got a Zerolemon battery on it. So all day phone life, but maybe the original battery & cover would do better.

19-Sep-16

shep's embedded Photo
shep's embedded Photo
After reading the initial post I had a couple questions which Lance IMMEDIATELY addressed, my order was on its way and three days later at my door!! Was surprised at all the GOOD STUFF in that little pouch!!! For an Old Guy with very basic video recording knowledge, I was a bit overwhelmed. A call was on its way for tech support and the timely, cordial, respectful help I got was AMAZING!!! These guys got me up and filming, AFTER 3 calls to them, each answered with patience and LOTS of expertise. The Ultimate Predator Action Cam is the REAL DEAL, You will not be disappointed, the different applications to bow, xbow and gun seem endless.I have attached a couple photos of both my compound and crossbow attachments. I plan on putting up a harvest clip very shortly, EXCELLENT PRODUCT!!!

19-Sep-16

shep's embedded Photo
shep's embedded Photo
xbow mount using adhesive disc, works SLICK!

19-Sep-16
Hey Shep! This is Luke at Ultimate Predator. Thank you for the kind words. Glad we could get you squared away! Good luck, and keep us posted.

19-Sep-16
I agree with shep, great camera. Mounting options are endless and solid meaning the camera doesn't vibrate terribly upon release like my old camera would. Pic is super clear and zoom is great. My only wish is that you could zoom in and out while recording. If I could only get a deer to come by to video.

19-Sep-16
Very cool, just ordered to take on an elk hunt to the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. Can't wait to get some great footage! Love the options for versatility.

19-Sep-16
Just ordered mine! And congrats on getting your black hills elk tag Waltuo still waiting to get mine!

20-Sep-16
Thanks for all of the kind words Shep! We really appreciate your purchase and for sharing your photos. We can't wait to see your kill footage! I'm very glad we could get you up and rolling.

Thanks again, Lance

20-Sep-16
Buckndoe, waltuo, and Hunt all, thank you guys for your purchases too. Let us know if we can help in anyway.

Buckndoe, I agree completely with your zoom statement. We are actually working on that. The tricky part is it requires a completely different circuit board to accomplish that task.

20-Sep-16
Ordered mine this morning, if it works as described, I'll ask Santa for another at Christmas.

20-Sep-16
Ordered mine this morning. Looking forward to fishing/hunting tryouts.

20-Sep-16
not too much extensive use with mine yet, but seems like it will meet all my expectations. seems like a great kit.

agree that the vibration is not really noticeable on the shot with my bow in the quick test i did.

20-Sep-16
I want one but I have to see some action video before I commit.

Will someone take a video shooting at even a target so I/we can see what happens? and in low light conditions as well....

I am a bit concerned about focus and steadiness/blur in action....

Thanks....

21-Sep-16
^^^^ I'm in same boat as Steve looks great sounds awesome but would like to see some video footage from the device before ordering. No real video on website of actual arrows being released while cam is attached not even in back yard or range. Driving around town with it filming deer does not fit my application. Once I see how it performs I make final decision.

22-Sep-16
you have me curious. I am a 3 gun competitor and one of my sponsors wants me to shoot much more video next season, and we are looking into some more unique angles. Id like to mount one to my rifle and one to my shotgun as well as the head mount.

do you have any video of one attached to a firearm?

thanks

michael

22-Sep-16
Mine should arrive today, I'll try to get some footage this weekend and post it. It will be target shooting, won't be hunting footage. Maybe someone else will have some hunting footage to post?

22-Sep-16
Steve, Chris S, and mn_archer... Lance is actually out hunting in southern Colorado as we speak. With any luck, he'll have a harvest video soon! I tried to get a little footage here at the shop, and put an arrow straight through our overhead door... Whoops. I'll skip that for now, but we'll get some for y'all!

As for you, mn_archer, I have had the cam on my AR, and ran through 150 rounds in very quick succession. It did just fine. I deleted the video, as I hadn't planned on using it, it was just a "stress test" of the camera. If I can find a place nearby that allows it, here in Colorado, I'll get that footage for you over the weekend.

24-Sep-16
sounds great- thanks. id be using it on a very light recoiling ar and a customized benelli m2

24-Sep-16
I'm waiting but really surprised they don't even have footage of shooting a target practicing or doing a test for something they are saying is such a great product. Has me leaning back to GoPro. How can you market something if you have no footage of what it does?

25-Sep-16
Bushwacker, Wideone, and EJG, thank you for the purchases. We greatly appreciate your business!

Chris S and Steve, we have been out of town all week on an elk hunt. I saw your inquiries this morning so we went out and shot a target. It's not a very exciting video...lol. It was a twenty yard shot while fully zoomed.

We will be uploading more video to the site as soon as we have a split second to do so. With hunting season in full swing, we are INSANELY slammed all while trying to squeeze in a couple of personal hunts. I have fly fishing videos we will be getting up soon, and we have several customers telling us that they have kill footage of elk and antelope. As soon as they submit those, we will post them too. Have a wonderful evening.

Untitled from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

26-Sep-16
Well I took the risk without seeing any actual "live hunt" video. I am looking forward to trying the camera...

I hate to say it but had I seen the video of target shot that was just posted I'm not sure I would have made the purchase....I've watched the video three times and can't see the arrow?

Hopefully the camera is decent and they will soon have actual hunting videos posted to prove it. Jeff

26-Sep-16
ALL bow mounted shots will look like that. (Image stabilization, or a head mount would help some.) What distance was the shot? A 4x zoom is the advantage with camera. Without a 4X, 20 yards looks like 80.

An early or late shot with a luminock would help tremendously with "seeing the arrow".

26-Sep-16
Can't wait to see some action footage. Interested if guys are finding they need to go into the "digital" range of zoom to get what they want? Finding the footage very zoomed in off the bow a little shaky. Hope more people try it off their head for smoother footage. You also don't get the shake at the shot then, and more likely to pan with a hit animal.

26-Sep-16
mm_archer, I shot an IPSC match yesterday. I still am using a goPro with a head mount sometimes.

I attached it to my AR SBR, right behind my suppressor for a carbine match once. It sucks really bad. If you use a head mount you will like the outcome much better. Especially with a camera like this I'm thinking. I went to one school that required ballistic helmets and plates due to building clearing drills. I'm thinking it could be rigged to the comm mount on the side or the NV mount in the front.

27-Sep-16
APauls, you are exactly correct. If some one is worried about the footage being shaky when the arrow is released, they should definitely use the head mount. That is one reason we included a head mount in the kit. We wanted everyone to have options.

Snapcrackpop, I completely agree with you.

Here are a couple more videos for everyones viewing pleasure....:)

Brenden and Whitley Fly Fishing from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

27-Sep-16
29-Sep-16
I ordered my camera on Saturday, was shipped Monday and I received it Wednesday. I was kept up to date on the whole process and couldn't be happier with how fast I got everything. Really looking forward to trying it out. Thanks, Jeff

30-Sep-16
so does anyone have a video of this thing being used on a firearm?

michael

30-Sep-16
I want to ord r one this week but want to see some actual hunting footage to see if it beats GoPro. Not seeing any reviews yet. Good luck be safe.

30-Sep-16
Bownbirdhntr, thank you for your purchase!

Scoot, I'm so happy to hear you had a little fun with the camera.

30-Sep-16
Chris S, it's difficult enough to kill an animal, even harder to film it, and twice as hard to run a side by side comparison.....lol...but believe me, we are trying!

For some reason, those silly animals just don't want to cooperate! ha

As of right now, this is the best side by side comparison I can show you of what our lens and zoom can do compared to GoPro in terms of not making the animal look so far away.

01-Oct-16
Seems to be a fantastic package. Do you ship overseas?

02-Oct-16
Greenie, Thank you, and we can certainly make that happen. To do so, you will need to call our shipping department. Ask for Luke, 719-800-1497.

03-Oct-16
Thanks Lance, I think what Chris and I are waiting to see is what footage looks like of animals in the 20-30 yard range, maybe from a tree stand, maybe not. A little picky I know lol.

The thing with that comparison footage is that the adventure cam looks to be so zoomed in that the footage is shaky/glitchy or something. Yes the animal is closer, but if I'm a nitpicker it's too "jerky," which may well be. A person can't have it all for a couple hudred bucks. My guessing is that you really wanted to show the zoom capabilities, which are very evident. What we don't know on the comparison is what we're comparing - the adventurecam's highest zoom vs GoPro's widest angle? Trying to make it looks as different as possible? Or is it AdventureCam's 4x zoom vs Go Pro's 4x zoom. Just letting you know the questions of the more skeptical guys :)

03-Oct-16

EJG's Link
hopefully the link works.

video was shot a few minutes after official sunrise very overcast and dreary day so lighting is accurate. bow mounted in waterproof case, zoomed in. little under 20 yds.

have had hardly any time to play with the camera. may decide ot try the head mount next time i go out

04-Oct-16

Browning3's Link
This was the first hunting footage I have taken with the Ultimate Predator cam. You will want to fast forward to about the 1:20 mark. This is when the doe and fawns come into view. They are about 30 yards out when first have a clear opening. The camera is bowmounted but not using the case. I mounted it using the open clip housing. The reason for this is sound quality. Much better sound when not in the case. I'm also going to try the head mount option next time. Only issue with that is you don't know for sure if you hit the record button correctly since you can't see the view screen.

04-Oct-16
So far I like the camera but have a few issues with functionality. First off is the inability to zoom while recording.

The second is that the remote does not have dedicated stop and record buttons. Stop and record is one button making it impossible to know if the camera has stopped or started recording when not being able to physically see the camera. Like when it's head mounted or in a remote location where the view screen is not visible.

04-Oct-16
Nice clips. For anyone who has used the GoPro's this certainly replaces them. The only remaining use for a Go Pro would be for extreme fisheye shots. Well done. C

04-Oct-16

Dave B 's Link
I just unwrapped and went out and shot a quick video at 20 yards fully zoomed. I think it'll work fine in the field.

04-Oct-16
that was mounted to the stabilizer, maybe 3-4 inches from my hand. Are there better locations to mount it?

04-Oct-16
Browning3, those are all improvements we have been investigating. Some improvements are extremely simple and just require rewriting the firmware. Unfortunately, the ability to zoom while filming requires an entirely new circuit board which actually opens up a huge can of worms. As it stands, we would lose various features to gain that particular ability. The same goes for the remote and a new circuit board.

With that being said, we are still driving forward and trying to make those improvements. We definitely want our cake and to eat it too!

04-Oct-16
APauls, we are based out of Colorado Springs and virtually never use tree stands during elk season. However, we will soon be switching to whitetail hunting in KS where we do use tree stands.

I'm going to say this with 95% confidence. I believe Dirk had the camera on wide angle. He started changing features throughout the rest of the trip and wasn't positive about the original settings. I would say it is GoPro's wide angle (95% confidence) verses our lens and 4X zoom capabilities (100% confidence).

If I remember correctly.....with GoPro, you can only use the narrow on roughly 20% percent of the video settings and you don't even get to use it on any photo settings. Their narrow is relatively close to what our lens can do. With our lens capability, you are ability to run the gamut of video and photo options all while keeping your animal close in the video. If that's not close enough, you also have the ability to use our 4X digital zoom. GoPro does not have any zoom capabilities.

As for the shakiness/jerkiness you were referring to, that is purely because the camera is zoomed all of the way in. It has nothing to do with the video quality. It has to do with Dirk's hand shaking as he was walking. If you watch closely, the shakes coincide with his steps. This is no different than using a spotting scope at 100 yards verses 1000 yards. Any little shake or tap will virtually be unnoticeable at 100 yards and stand out like a sore thumb at 1000 yards. You notice the same shakiness a lot of times while watching football games on tv during windy games, and it's almost always when they zoom in on the coach....lol. You can tell they are using a camera from way up fully zoomed in because the footage is shaky.

I hope this answered your questions. If you guys have any other questions, I'm more than happy to visit with you on the phone anytime, 719-800-1492.

Thanks, Lance

04-Oct-16
EJG, thanks for posting the video and congrats on your deer!

Browning3, thanks for sharing your footage.

DaveB, thanks for sharing, and the location you mentioned is my preferred location. A couple of weeks ago, I mounted 8 cameras at the same time to my bow just to show the mounting versatility. Your mounting method is still my preferred method unless I want to use it on my head.

04-Oct-16
Just ordered my camera. I will let you know my thoughts after I try it out. GoPro sucks.

04-Oct-16
Waiting to see how well it picks up a luminok

05-Oct-16
ScottTigert, thank you for your order!

05-Oct-16
i can't imagine it wouldn't pick up a luminok very very well. it seems to do very well with light conditions.

i'm somewhat thinking about actually getting some lighted nocks to experiment with, if i do i will try to post a video

06-Oct-16
I bought one the cameras, and the video I've taken around the yard looks great. I'll be trying out the headmount tonight and shoot some luminoks. I'll be in the stand Sunday morning, and get some video to post. So far I like the camera.

06-Oct-16
I really think attaching any video camera directly to the bow is a bad idea. Too much vibration & sound.

Attach it to your head or a tree stand.

06-Oct-16
Got a chance to use a borrowed UPAC last night in the blind while I was accompanying my nephew on a hunt. Keep in mind that I just grabbed this and headed out, never reading a thing on it's operation. A few observations:

- Seems well built and robust. The accessories were nice.

- Exposure control was excellent. I could go from a dark blind to pointing it out the window and it adjusted very quickly.

- video quality seemed very good when watched back on my computer.

- I liked the included remote. Very nice feature. It would be nice to have a zoom functionality on it also. I understand you are working on that feature.

Dislikes:

- I found the navigation to be somewhat difficult, particularly if I was in the settings menu. The functionality of buttons changed depending on the menu selection that I was in. I was able to fumble through it, but it was somewhat cumbersome I thought. I'm sure this would improve with more use and familiarity.

- I did not like how you had to press the button multiple times to zoom or pan out. It would be very nice to just press and hold the button to have it zoom to multiple levels.

One question: What is the wifi password to connect to it? I tried all of the standard defaults and was unable to connect to it with my phone.

Overall, a good start and a nice piece of kit.

06-Oct-16
HotLZ, Thank you for your feedback! We are working on some of the features you've mentioned, and we always appreciate suggestions like you've listed to improve the UPAC in the future. Some are very simple, and some are much more complex.

You mentioned that it was a borrowed camera, so you might not have received the instruction manual, I'm not sure. However, the password is listed in there. In case you didn't get it, It's 1234567890.

Thanks, Luke Ultimate Predator

14-Oct-16
Anymore footage guys? I'm ordering one. Interested to see how well it does under water I scuba dive at work lot of guys have GoPro rigs on their mask.

17-Oct-16
More videos????

19-Oct-16
I did use it on a kill this past weekend. It didn't turn out since I had it bow mounted. Reason being, the camera is mounted lower near stabilizer and a pine branch was in the way on the shot. However, I did get lots of other great footage of deer before the shot. Going forward I will be using the head mount.

20-Oct-16
Chris S, we do not have scuba diving footage just yet. Hopefully, we will soon though. We have a friend out in Florida that is going to try to get us a little spearfishing footage as soon as the weather will cooperate.

20-Oct-16
Hey Scoot, I'm glad you are getting to have a little fun! Browning3, congrats on your kill! I would love to see your deer footage. If you would like to share it, just message me your email address, and I can send you a link to upload it.

20-Oct-16
If any of you guys use Facebook, feel free to jump over to our FB page and enter the drawing. We will be giving away a UPAC this weekend. Thanks! Lance

The Ultimate in Adventure Cams from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

24-Oct-16
Nothing like a "shooter" hanging out in town. These city bucks have it figured out....an unlimited buffet and virtually no predators. Ha

The Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam and a Beautiful Mule Deer from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

25-Oct-16
In case anyone would like to see an in-depth discussion about the accessories and how to use them, I created this nail biting, edge of your seat, insanely suspenseful video. Just kidding......it's a really long boring video of me talking, but it should clear up many of your questions. Ha

25-Oct-16
I'm in love the clarity of last couple videos. Ordered mine this morning a couple hours later received email with tracking numbers that it had already shipped. Off to a great start so far can't wait tinker with it. I'll try to post some footage for those of you still on the fence like I was.

25-Oct-16
Scoot, I know.....When I finished I couldn't believe it was that long. lol Hopefully, that will help clarify a few questions for customers. If nothing else, it will help put you to sleep at night!

Chris S, we greatly appreciate your business! We would love to watch any footage you would like to contribute.

I'm waiting for the last little bit of footage to be uploaded from a customer. Then, I'll make and post a video of a whitetail buck and hog being shot from a tree stand. The really neat part is the fact that this is the woman's first ever buck! That makes it that much more special to us.

25-Oct-16
I also made a video describing my preferred setup and settings I like to use when hunting.

UPAC Bow Hunting Setup from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

26-Oct-16

14 year old Lincoln Tapp had this beautiful buck come right up to him in OK. He actually missed the first shot, was able to pull out a 2nd arrow, nock it, and drop the buck!
14 year old Lincoln Tapp had this beautiful buck come right up to him in OK. He actually missed the first shot, was able to pull out a 2nd arrow, nock it, and drop the buck!

UltimatePred's Link
I wanted to make sure you guys are aware of a discount we are running for our Stalker Decoys.

In honor of such a kind review and the whitetail rut being just around the corner, we are offering a 15% DISCOUNT on our Whitetail Stalker Decoys! Offer ends Nov. 2nd. Use Promo Code: WhitetailStalkerDecoy

26-Oct-16

02-Nov-16
They haven't mentioned it on the forum yet, or if they did I didn't see it, but I've been using my camera with the Wi-Fi setting along with my iPhone and what I found was that the battery life was only about 45 minutes in standby mode. I called earlier today and as always got great customer service. They explained how I could get better battery savings by setting the camera so that the screen turns off after a minute or so. I currently have it where the screen remains on the whole time, thus consuming battery. They also told me about their new external battery pack and housing that allows for the cable to be plugged in yet remain waterproof at the same time. I just ordered the kit and look forward to putting it to use. Great customer service!

03-Nov-16
Bushwacker, I'm glad we could be of assistance to you. Thank you for you purchase of our new 20x Wolf Pack! Wifi has always been a massive drain on any camera being used just because of the nature of the beast. That is why we set out to create a solution for hunters. We feel like we have done that with our new Wolf Pack.

In fact, I'm filming the little explanation/promo video for them today. I will post it in here as soon as I finish editing it. Thank you again for your business, and don't ever hesitate to give us a holler if you have any questions!

03-Nov-16
Hey guys,

Here is a little bit of footage everybody has been waiting to see. I know you guys have been dying to see tree stand footage. We haven't been able to get out to our stands yet, but we did have a VERY happy customer send in footage of her buck and hog shots. She also graciously filmed us a little testimonial video.

In fact, this is Sasha's 1st EVER buck so it makes this footage even that more special to us. I would like to point out a couple of items about the footage. I get ask about these topics in Bowsite and else where all of the time. This footage actually addresses four of those topics.

1. This has not been zoomed. What you are watching is what you will see with our customer engineered lens. You still have the ability to use the 4X digital zoom if you desire.

2. You cannot see the arrow flight on the buck without a lighted nock. HOWEVER, you can see blood behind the front shoulder and identify where the arrow hit as the buck runs away.

3. You can see how well our camera films in low light conditions when she shoots her hog.

4. With a lighted nock, you can DEFINITELY watch your arrow flight.

mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen>

Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam Footage of a Buck and Hog from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

03-Nov-16
03-Nov-16
Cool video, we're trying to get my daughters hunts on film with ours.

03-Nov-16
Since the Whitetail Stalker promo has ended, does that mean it's time to run one on the camera?! I'm still contemplating trying one for my Desert Bighorn Sheep hunt in a few weeks!

04-Nov-16
Good Luck Bushwacker

Haha Stickflicker, there's currently not one in the foreseeable future, but I'll see what I can do.

05-Nov-16

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Can pretty much mount anywhere with the included hardware kit. Works perfect on my spare bow holder. Problem is deer are not cooperating here and it's 70 degrees!!!

07-Nov-16
Thanks for sharing the photo Chris S. That's a great application. If we could only solve that temperature issue for hunters, we would be billionaires!

07-Nov-16
Love the pic Scoot! Thanks for sharing.

10-Nov-16

UltimatePred's Link
A sweet little solution!

20X Wolf Pack from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

22-Nov-16

UltimatePred's Link
In case any of you are on the fence, we wanted to let you know that we will soon be running our biggest sale EVER!

22-Nov-16
Thanks Scoot!

07-Mar-17
Alright. Everybody is always asking for more footage so here ya go!

28 inch Lake trout, somewhere in Western Colorado... Filmed with the Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam! from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

07-Mar-17
07-Mar-17
07-Mar-17
  • Sitka Gear