tacklebox 15-Sep-16
Destroyer350 15-Sep-16
ghost30 15-Sep-16
Destroyer350 15-Sep-16
smarba 15-Sep-16
07-Sep-16

ghost30's embedded Photo
ghost30's embedded Photo
My buddy did my European mount on my bull this year it turned out great. He scored it at 305. Not bad for my first bull. Can't wait to get him hung. Good luck to everybody still hunting be safe out there.

08-Sep-16
Nice

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

08-Sep-16
nice one I like the euros !

08-Sep-16
Great bull for a first bull. Id be happy with that too Euro too, your buddy did a great job.

08-Sep-16
Wow that was quick. Didn't you kill that bull last week?

Nice Euro, how are you going to hang it?

08-Sep-16
Sheesh. You weren't wasting time!

08-Sep-16
yea wilbur i shot him on sept 1st. My buddy has done a lot of euros so he is pretty quick. I will be mounting him on skull hooker anybody have experience with them.

08-Sep-16

wilbur's embedded Photo
wilbur's embedded Photo
Yup sure do. I shot this bull in 2010 on a Montana archery hunt. The large Skull Hooker works great. Just make sure in have it in an area where it wont get bumped or jarred by a slamming door.

08-Sep-16
Ghost - I have used the skull hookers for deer and love them. I like how you can change the angles of the mount.

BTW you should have seen my wife's face when I told her I was ordering a skull hooker from Amazon lol.

08-Sep-16
That is an awesome bull Wilbur awesome pedestal to. Thanks for the replies guys good to hear they work good, Destroyer my wife was kind of in the same boat here exact word were "your ordering a what" lol

08-Sep-16
That's a nice euro ghost, your friend did a good job !

14-Sep-16

ghost30's embedded Photo
ghost30's embedded Photo
Got him hung. Not as nice as a lot of folks have but I'm proud of him. Just finished making 25 pounds of German sausage today and were gonna do 25 pounds of beer brats tomorrow. So rewarding all the meat. The wapiti is a majestic creature. Good luck to you guys still hunting.

14-Sep-16
Thank you Wilbur and Destroyer for your input in the skull hooker it works great. I'm gonna do something more with it in the future but was excited and wanted to get him hung for now. Thanks guys.

14-Sep-16
Great-looking mount; your buddy did a fantastic job preserving your trophy!

Do you know if he boiled it out before bleaching or did he use beetles? I'm assuming with the quick TAT he boiled...

14-Sep-16
Yea Greg it was boiled twice and then bleached.

15-Sep-16
I like it, probably be my next Bull...Depending! :-)

15-Sep-16
Hey Greg! :)

15-Sep-16
Looks great Ghost! I plan on doing the same thing. I've got my skull in the tub boiling right now. Hope it looks as half as good as yours.

15-Sep-16
I saw your bull on the other forum destroyer. That's a dandy I'm sure it will turn out fine. My buddy uses oxy clean in the second boil if that helps you at all. Look forward to seeing it done.

15-Sep-16
Thanks. Thats a great idea. I was wondering how he did it in 2 boils lol. I'm going to grab some from the store now.

15-Sep-16
Arm & Hammer Washing Soda w/ Oxy clean (it's a clothes washing product) turns the tissue to jelly. Add a couple squirts of Dawn dishwashing liquid soap to help degrease.

I like to pour out the water when it looks dirty (the first cook it's really bad), so I usually make 3-4 water changes over the course of simmering for a few days (don't actually boil, just keep hot). You'll know when it's clean.

Be careful you don't dump out & lose any of the teeth.

Coat with Volume Crème 40% or 50% (peroxide, although not labeled as such) from Sally Beauty Supply for final whiten.

Should be able to get a Euro done in a week.

The more meat you can trim off before you start the faster it goes, as that first batch of water isn't so dirty.

Also helps if you have a handy place to dump the water that's not over the fence into your neighbor's yard :o)

I also like to power wash it once before the final whitening. That gets out all the little stuff between teeth and in crannies. Need to spray outward from rear nasal if you want to keep all that delicate nasal bone in.

Carl

• Sitka Gear