Dino 13-Sep-16
Backpack Hunter 13-Sep-16
Bucksnort32 13-Sep-16
Brun 15-Sep-16
adbowhunter 16-Sep-16
ELKMAN 16-Sep-16
md5252 16-Sep-16
11-Sep-16
Has any one used grim reaper 1 3/8 cut for elk and if so how did they do?

13-Sep-16
they work great, it blows a pretty good hole in them to provide enough bleeding for a blood trail even on marginal hits. i took them to africa last summer, our ph was very reluctant for me to use them, but after seeing 15 animals shot and the farthest an animal went was 100 yds, he wanted to use them himself. i do need to disclaim that they are a sponsor of our hunting show pure hunting. you can go to purehunting.com and see for yourself our videos of africa and other hunts using the grim reaper broadheads.

chris nowak

13-Sep-16
Have you tried the fatal steel vs the regular grim reaper?

13-Sep-16
not yet but soon....we have used the razortip, razorcut, hybrid,and pro series hades all with great success.

13-Sep-16
I've never tried them but My friend in Alberta has killed several elk with them. He loves them.

13-Sep-16
I've used the Wasp Jak Hammers and they are virtually the same head...only better :) Grim's are an excellent choice.

13-Sep-16
The 1-3/8" Razortips have worked well for me. Good blood trails, majority of shots have been pass thru's.

13-Sep-16
I had good luck and I bad luck

15-Sep-16
I have killed two elk with them and witnessed three others go down with no lost animals, so I have a positive opinion about them.

16-Sep-16

adbowhunter's embedded Photo
adbowhunter's embedded Photo
Heres my results from last year. Put it where it needs to be and your fine. 34 yards quartering away. went about 150 yards but I will say I hit him higher in the lungs which they always go farther.

16-Sep-16
I would NEVER use an old technology over the top expandable for Elk. Hardly any entry wound equals SCARY weak blood trails on Elk, and likely you won't get an exit with an old technology expandable.

16-Sep-16
Any well designed BH, expandable or fixed, will work when you put it in the right spot.

However, im a fan of the keep it simple philosophy. Personally I prefer a cut on contact fixed blade for any animal except turkeys.

• Sitka Gear