Elk
Contributors to this thread:
fubar racin 20-Sep-16
Rckymtnshooter 20-Sep-16
cjgregory 20-Sep-16
Fuzzy 20-Sep-16
fubar racin 20-Sep-16
20-Sep-16
OK so here's the situation, I'm hunting an area that holds 10 to 50 head of elk in many million acres of area. IV located 1 bull with 2 cows, IV only caught them on land I can hunt twice and was without a weapon both times. They see very very little hunting pressure due to the population density but also communication is at a minimum due to the same. In your opinion would it be worth calling to them or do you think that would spook them since they know they are the only elk for many miles?

20-Sep-16
If they haven't been hunted and called recently I would bet the bull would be thrilled to hear the sound of another bull...just to show off to the lady's. Try it and see how he responds.

20-Sep-16
A bugle is a biological response. If you had a bunch of women for yourself and another guy started calling out would you give away your position? No. Of course not but elk will because they are biologically wired to allow challenge. Use his biology against him.

You have absolutely nothing to loose by calling. What you are doing right now isn't working.

20-Sep-16
50 or less in several million acres? Sounds like a needle in a haystack.

20-Sep-16
Needle in a haystack is an understatement when you consider I can only hunt about 200000 acres of the haystack. But I also work 70+ hours per week in the haystack and see elk on occasion so I have a chance lol. I'll try throwing him a bugle this evening and see what happens.

• Sitka Gear