Huntcell 25-Sep-16
Allheart 25-Sep-16
APauls 26-Sep-16
elvspec 28-Sep-16
Toby 28-Sep-16
24-Sep-16

Too Many Bows Bob's embedded Photo
Too Many Bows Bob's embedded Photo
So here is a scenario at my 3d club. If it were a real life scene, which would you shoot first?

TMBB

24-Sep-16
Assuming, of course, you have a tag for both.

TMBB

24-Sep-16
Spot and stalk mountain lion. How many chances do you get to do that?

24-Sep-16
If I had tag for both, I would shoot mountain lion first .

24-Sep-16
Since the elk doesn't have legs and can't run away i'd shoot the mountain lion first. Sorry... couldn't resist.

24-Sep-16
Lion first, then elk. If the lion was closer I'd load two arrows and shoot both at once.??

24-Sep-16
lion

24-Sep-16
Lion,

24-Sep-16
This is like the old one of ten crows in a tree. Do you shoot the top one first or the bottom one? It doesn't matter after you take the first shot it is a moot point. I would opt for the elk. I never ate mountain lion.

24-Sep-16
Come on guys, use a little imagination. The elk is bedded.

TMBB

24-Sep-16
IS Mountain Lion any good to eat? (serious question)

24-Sep-16
Mountain lion first, yes it is good to eat. I'm assuming my bow is so quiet, and the mountain lion will run in the opposite direction so I will get a shot at the elk next.....it could happen....

24-Sep-16
Elk first. You won't get a second shot on the lion. Elk tastes too good to pass up.

24-Sep-16
If you shoot the elk, and it takes off, will the mountain lion chase the elk? If so, you can stalk up on the lion while it is on your arrowed elk, shoot it and have both.

24-Sep-16
So since we are imagining the real life scenario.... Those who shot the elk first are now staring a ticked off mountain lion in the face because you killed his lunch. "Foolish bowhunter-it's what's for dinner" Hope you are fast on the reload.

24-Sep-16
Let the cougar kill the elk, then shoot the cougar. Two for the price of one.

24-Sep-16
In the fantasy world I'm shooting the elk first, the mountain lion thinks WTF, I arrow up, and shoot him.

In the real world, the lion is toast !

25-Sep-16
I'm gonna pass on both and shoot this scene with a camera.

25-Sep-16
If I had both tags I'd shoot the lion over an antler less bull. If the bull had horns it would come down to size of both. Big cat and a small bull I'd shoot the cat. Sub 320 bull and an average or above cat I'd shoot the cat. 340" bull and the bull gets it. A lot easier to kill a 300" bull unguided than a good cat unguided.

25-Sep-16
Elk, every time.

I'm done with taxidermy.

Not done eating great meat, though.

Would be interesting to see how the cat reacted, though.

25-Sep-16
lion all day every day

25-Sep-16
Elk no doubt. I have never had a desire to kill a big cat. I have eaten Mountain Lion several times and it is excellent, very much like pork. Shawn

25-Sep-16
elk chances of lion sticking around are better than chance of elk sticking around,

oz

25-Sep-16
Since the cat is preloaded to pounce in a nano second and going for the neck of the elk, my perfectly timed shot with the best penetrating broad head available (insert your favorite non mechanical brand) will pass thru the lion and also the elk. The massive double line blood trail will be extremly short as they tumble over together.

One And Done>>>>~~~~>

25-Sep-16
hmm. I think I would just watch. How many times are you going to see something like that. The cat should pounce on the elk any second and hopefully you get to watch the battle. I would try to stay close during all of the commotion and when the elk is dead put an arrow through the lion.

Then I tag the lion and call it in to see if I can take the meat of the dead elk. I walk away with a lion, elk meat and STILL an elk tag in my pocket.

26-Sep-16
Allheart takes this round. Only add in that you video the ordeal.

28-Sep-16
Lion.

But, the legless elk reminds me of a joke I tell my daughter, but I leave the last part out....

what do you call a deer that cant see? No I deer. what do you call a deer that cant see and has no legs? Still no I deer. what do you call a deer that cant see, has no legs and no pecker? Still no f'n I deer.

She always rolls her eyes when I tell her that one.

28-Sep-16
mountain lion for sure

• Sitka Gear