Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear Minox USA 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

Kill Area of Black Bear?

PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
forrest-hunter 12-Jun-10
hoytshooter 12-Jun-10
forrest-hunter 13-Jun-10
Bou'bound 13-Jun-10
hunterx 13-Jun-10
guidermd 13-Jun-10
Manitoba Bohuntr 13-Jun-10
Woody Sanford 14-Jun-10
TOP PIN 14-Jun-10
Woody Sanford 14-Jun-10
Shug 14-Jun-10
Videos

Hunt Trophy Black Bears at Mike's Outfitting
by Charlie Rehor

Bear baiting
by Hotm00n

440# Wisconsin Black Bear XX Killing Sticks
by buck pasture

Bear likes apples
by smokey

Put Your Video Clip Here!

How big is the kill zone on a average black bear?

hoytshooter's embedded Photo

woody ill save you the trouble of posting this again i just sent it to my father. Forrest hunter this is the picture you want..

Thanks- looks like bear has a lot larger kill zone-large 18" serving plate compared to a regular 12" plate on deer.

From: Bou'bound (mobile)Sent from Mobile Phone Date: 13-Jun-10
the kill area on an average black bear is not 18" around. there is less to a bear than meets the eye.

The kill zone on a bear is not much bigger but sits farther back. A shot in the middle of a deer is guts, maybe liver if really lucky, and on a bear will still get you a double lung.

if you shoot him over the hip your kill zone is about the size of a trash can cover. if that's not big enough, its time for more prctice.

PLEASE...somebody stop the OTH insanity!!! Great shot though if you can find a boneless bear!

OTH ain't my cup of tea either.

OTH is not a very ethical shot to take....and I would like to hear more on the "trash can lid" theory mentioned above??

I don't know if I would use the term "Ethical" its just tight to the spine, thats why I personally pass on it.

if you shoot him over the hip your kill zone is about the size of a trash can cover

Wrong.........

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: Kill Area of Black Bear?

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy