elkcalln8 08-Jul-09
Africanbowhunter 08-Jul-09
dennisomfs 08-Jul-09
G.R. 08-Jul-09
elkcalln8 08-Jul-09
David Alford 09-Jul-09
writer 10-Jul-09
08-Jul-09
I am sure someone has brought this up before. But is there any attractants that work for Mule Deer during archery season? The Sporting Good stores out west are loaded with all kinds of attractants. But all of it seems to be coming from Whitetail country. So far I have never heard of a perfume that could suck in a bachelor group of bucks in mid August.

08-Jul-09
the stores here are loaded up with scents. there all for white tail. I dont no anyone that uses scents on the muleys. I never have or used calls. water is key during bow season its usally very hot. most the stores you see that have them are big chains and they get what they get i guess. maybe someone else can help you better on here but i have never heard or thought of useing scents on muleys.

08-Jul-09

Africanbowhunter's embedded Photo
Africanbowhunter's embedded Photo

Africanbowhunter's Link
My son Jeff & I shot 140 class mule deer buck from the same tree 24 hours apart using Tinks# 69 Doe In Rut buck Lure in Colorado one year

It works!

Tink

08-Jul-09
...since they are scent oriented, no reason it shouldn't work...maybe just no-one has needed to put it to the test since many MD hunts are S'n'S hunts rather than stand hunts.....sounds like tink has tried it (but then, he's tried everything! :-) )

08-Jul-09
There are a couple different ones claiming it is mule deer scent now.

Tink , did you use your whitetail lure? or do you have a muley doe-in-heat now?

One of the other scents is called 4X4 but I can't remember the others.I love playing around with scents but I have not used too much of them on the mule deer. I have used a couple curiousity lures that seemed to work on muleys in the past.

08-Jul-09
i been been bowhunting muleys for a long time. I can see the lure working say in end of nov/ december. but in the aug sept? I only use lures when trappin. we cant even with our bears. So my question is how would a lure help in the early season when its not estris or rutt time?

09-Jul-09
Keep in mind they do hybridize and progeny can back cross to some extent...meaning separate species status is arguable.

10-Jul-09
Tink...were you the company that came out with scent for turkey hunting many years ago?

No doubt the 69 has worked on lots of whitetails.

• Sitka Gear