Papabare 06-Oct-13
kidwalker 06-Oct-13
TJS 06-Oct-13
Ruml 06-Oct-13
Papabare 06-Oct-13
Brotsky 06-Oct-13
Papabare 17-Oct-13
06-Oct-13
Flying in to Rapid City this coming Thursday for a 5-day bow hunt. We're hunting near Howes SD.

Anyone have a opinion on how this weather will effect our hunt, or any suggestions?

My tag is for deer. but I'm hoping for a chance at a Muley, although I won't pass a shot on a nice whitetail.

Thanks,

06-Oct-13
Yikes ! Currently the interstate is closed from Wyoming border to Murdo, due to heavy snow and high wind. I would wait t out aweek or two if that is an option. There was 3+ inches of rain before the snow , so travel on the gravel /dirt roads will be not recommended until things dry out a bit.

06-Oct-13
Snow will be gone by then where you are going to hunt. Shouldn't have any problems and the deer should be back to there normal patterns. The ground there will be dried out in a day even after a couple inches of moisture. Good luck.

06-Oct-13
Howes, SD Today Sunny, with a high near 47. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Tonight Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 33. West wind around 9 mph. Monday Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 52. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph becoming west after midnight. Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 56. West wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Friday A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Friday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Saturday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.

06-Oct-13
Thanks guys.

Getting super PUMPED!

Off to church.........

06-Oct-13
This storm will be a distant memory by then! Go hunt and have a great trip!

17-Oct-13
Postponed Howes hunt until next year. We just couldn't make the dates work. Hunted on a semi-guided hunt in NW SD (just north of Buffalo)

Had an awesome hunt. We only had 3 days with good weather, but my buddy & I had six great stalks.

So close, yet both of us ate our tags.

It was my first time for Muley's, I am HOOKED.

Gonna book/plan two western hunts next year.

Good Luck boys!

• Sitka Gear