Matt Palmquist 02-Dec-13
elkmtngear 02-Dec-13
Florida Mike 02-Dec-13
Medicinemann 02-Dec-13
Jaquomo_feral 02-Dec-13
Adventurewriter 02-Dec-13
BOHNTR 02-Dec-13
10-Nov-13
This morning was one of those amazing experiences where buck after buck came in to rattling. Altogether I rattled seven different bucks into stickbow range in about an hour and a half. But I think I made a BIG mistake that I may come to regret later.

10-Nov-13

Jaquomo_feral's embedded Photo
This little guy was the third buck that came in.

10-Nov-13
EDIT: Apparently I jumped the string

10-Nov-13

After he walked past and on through the woods and I hadn't seen anything else for awhile, I moved to another fallen cottonwood a couple hundred yards south

10-Nov-13
Ike, you're gonna find out in a sec, and can judge for yourself!

10-Nov-13
I rattled him in twice more from the new spot over a period of about 30 minutes. When I saw him filtering through the trees for the third time, I decided to let him get really close and get some good pics. I got the camera ready and focused on a spot at about 15 yards where he would come through a little patch of trees.

My bow was leaning against the fallen cottonwood beside me.

10-Nov-13

Except - it was a different buck, a really good one. He stood there looking at me while I tried to slowly lower the camera and pick up my bow.

By the time I got in position to shoot, he was walking away, only presenting a TBM heart shot. Even though I have fourteen days left to hunt in November, I'd have shot him and been really happy.

That shook me.

10-Nov-13
Gorgeous deer. I bet you get another crack at him. 14 days is a long time.

10-Nov-13
I'd have used to bow on that one in lieu of the camera.

10-Nov-13

A few minutes later, this interesting little guy showed up, and I didn't even think of shooting him. He has the G-3 1/2 gene like two of my last three bucks, which may be related to whitetail genes mixed in the pool.

Ten minutes later, I rattled-in another very nice buck, and the big buck followed right along behind him. This time I had my bow in hand, but only had a shot opportunity at the buck in front. They wandered off, and I spotted them hanging out a few hundred yards away an hour later.

The good news is that I have a lot of time to hunt, I know there's at least one bigger in the area, and I believe this is this buck's (the one I screwed up on) core area.

The bad news is I made a rookie mistake and assumed the one coming was the pest that had been bothering me, so instead of being ready to shoot, I was ready to shoot pics.

Oh well, lesson learned...

Had an awesome morning, but now I have a sore butt from kicking myself.

10-Nov-13
Ike, I would've too, if I'd not assumed it was the one that kept annoying me from that patch of thick trees.I was only able to get glimpses of his rack as he filtered toward me.

My rancher friend told me his buddy killed a 37" wide typical with a rifle last week, and that one's buddy was almost as big. Nobody shot him. He's hanging in the same drainage but I couldn't find him this weekend. When the rut starts going, he'll be more visible.

But I'd still shoot this guy if he gave me another 20 yard broadside shot! :-O

10-Nov-13
The focus on the big buck isn't so good because as soon as I saw how big he was through the viewfinder I was busy dropping the camera onto my chest to grab for my bow. Not sure about gross score but he's bigger than the one I killed from this very same fallen tree two years ago, and that one grossed 175 even.

10-Nov-13
Wow, you had an awesome day JF, great photos! I am sure you will find another just as big!

10-Nov-13
Go get him. Do you wear the hat when you rattle? HUNT

10-Nov-13
Hunt, if I'm mobile and don't have a couple dekes out, I do wear the hat, and was wearing it this morning. Didn't take the dekes because I was really just doing recon on a spot I hadn't checked out yet, intending to clear out my log blinds in the travel routes in that area before the rut kicks-off.

I also wore my worn Mossy Oak brush hoodie, which is pretty deer-colored.

Honestly didn't see any deer until I started rattling, then they started coming from both directions. Fun morning. Still kicking myself for being such an idiot, though.

10-Nov-13
You had a heck of a good day. I'm not sure I would passed the one buck! Good luck and keep posting!

10-Nov-13
Wow, very cool Lou...

11-Nov-13
Cool.....nice buck....looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds....those bucks are in serious danger I think...

11-Nov-13
Bucks still hangin' out together, crusin'...you got some time. Sounds like perfect for rattling, they must be getting a little aggressive with each other here and there? Pretty cool. Just like most guys... all best buddies until a pretty girl moves in....

I'll bet you get another whack at him. Kind of a curse you saw him so soon.... now what... LOL!

I'm gonna guess that event saved a certain buck or 3 this year...=D

Keep em coming! I've been waiting on this hunt all year...

11-Nov-13
Jaq- One word answer to your statement...YEP!!! lol. Good luck going for the big one.

DJ

11-Nov-13
I don't think you "screwed up"...having the encounter and getting that close is over half the experience and fun...we all know you can shoot :)

Hope the rest of the hunt is as good!

11-Nov-13
Agree with Sito, it is just part of the fun. I we killed every big buck we ran into, it wouldn't feel like such a huge achievment when we actually did get them.

11-Nov-13
Now thats hunting! Excellent! JJ

11-Nov-13
I don't think you messed up at all. I'd like to drag your hunt, pics, and story telling out as long as possible! In that regard this was an extremely positive outcome for us! Ha!

You'll get another crack at him or a better one. Good luck Jaq!

11-Nov-13
You passed up the HAMBLASTER and are now under the HAMBLASTER curse...no shots for you!!!!

11-Nov-13

elkmtngear's Link
Well I for one am glad...because we probably wouldn't be viewing this thread if you had tagged out already!

That's a sweetheart of a buck there, I hope your paths meet again.

Best of luck, Jeff (Bowsite Sponsor)

11-Nov-13
I would have shot the baby in the first post!

13-Nov-13
Is this hunt over? Looking forward to more news and great pictures!

13-Nov-13
Guys, I decided to take a season off from doing a full-on live hunt as in the past. It takes a lot of work, and I decided to just hunt this year, as my job has gotten pretty intense and I really need a break from the "noise". I appreciate all the kinds words and PMs, and will likely be back in live hunt mode next year.

I'm out here on the plains for most of the next 14 days or so, or until I kill a really good buck. I'll carry the camera and periodically post a few updates as we go along, if anything interesting happens.

Tonight I saw the giant buck the rancher mentioned. He was all by himself in the drainage I'm hunting, not far from the cottonwood blind where I rattled-in the bucks on Sunday. He's a serious buck, quite a bit bigger than the nice one I maybe should've shot above. Hope to get a photo of him soon - lying on his side...

Will have the dekes out tomorrow and I'm now in full-on predator mindset. The next 7 days are the very best days to kill a big buck here.

Back at you.

13-Nov-13
Best of luck, Lou! Looking forward to the recap even if you don't do the live hunt.

13-Nov-13
Dang Lou! Very exciting!! Your the man. Good luck

13-Nov-13
I'm looking forward to some pics of a big buck! Have fun!

Bake

13-Nov-13
Good luck. That one buck with the extras looks to have potential to be a giant. Good job passing on him. Hope you get a crack at him when he grows up.

13-Nov-13
Yep Lou... you screwd up... I predict that deer will fall to your arrow. Please, please stretch this hunt out til the last day of the season... please. Ed F

13-Nov-13
very cool!!

13-Nov-13
Love following your hunts. Get em, Lou!

14-Nov-13
Jaquomo_feral, good luck once again. Following your mulie hunt was always one of the highlights of the year. I'm with BOWHUNTR, old dark horns goes home with you.

14-Nov-13
Get er' done!

14-Nov-13
Always look forward to these threads from Jaquomo. Awesome photos! Good Luck!

19-Nov-13
Scoot, I'm deep into it but this is the worst I've ever seen it out here. Not sure where the deer are. I can understand if the bucks are locked down with does somewhere out in the prairie, but we can't find any does. Only onesey-twosies randomly wandering. Very strange, and no explanation yet.

That said, I did decoy in the big buck from above on Saturday. He came in and did the classic "J-hook" around them. I had a good quartering-to shot at 30 yards but planned to let him walk past at 20 and shoot him quartering away. But he sniffed the doe lure I'd put on a wick on their tails and didn't like it. He took off, and I haven't seen him since. I've never had one do that before, but this is my first season using a synthetic lure. Not going to use it again.

Other than that, I've only had shooting opportunities at a couple forkies. Going to spend tonight and tomorrow glassing some new areas to try to find something to hunt. I hope your ND hunt was better than mine is going, so far (last Sunday excepted.. :-)).

19-Nov-13
Lou,

I'm a little disappoined that your aren't doing the live hunt, but I do understand the time it takes to put together.

Love seeing all your pics. I'm betting that pretty soon one of those big bucks will mess up and give you a shot.

19-Nov-13
Take care Lou, big cold front coming through on Thursday, high of 25, but slightly warmer the next day in the low 40s. Maybe some snow. 4 inches predicted here in the Fort.

Still saving some malt for either direction of your hunt.

Paul

20-Nov-13
Lou

Good luck my friend.

Lets catch up soon at our fav watering hole when you get back

20-Nov-13
Lou,

Those are great bucks you have seen so far.. I am almost scared to see the "big one" :).

Julius

20-Nov-13
Lou- your definition of big is definitely different than most of ours....stick em buddy

20-Nov-13
Interested in hearing about the deer in the Canyon...how did that go ...

21-Nov-13

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Hey Lou, while you were gone the neighborhood buck showed up. He does not seem to have a care in the world since you are not around.

My best, Paul

21-Nov-13
Paul, I'm back for a couple days to catch up on work and let this front pass. We have a different neighborhood buck up the road here by my house, very heavy with a couple stickers. Oh, that the season were open on this side of the road!

Ted, we couldn't get to the canyon because the rancher tilled up all the ground on the way, and we didn't figure that out until we got two miles (overland) in there. He'd neglected to tell us that. We got stopped about a mile and a half short and are trying to figure out a way in there without hiking over freshly-planted fields.

But the good news is that storms like this typically push deer into the river bottom areas where we can access and hunt correctly. I'll be back out tomorrow afternoon and will post an update if anything happens. Haven't posted any photos since there isn't much to photograph right now.

21-Nov-13
Good luck Lou, gotta admit I think I shed a few tears when you said you weren't doing this semi live! Always enjoyed following along and rooting for you. Go get em. Kevin

21-Nov-13
Get on it Lou.... Ed F

21-Nov-13
Go gettem Lou!

21-Nov-13
Goodluck Lou! I look forward to seeing that bigboy on his side with your smiling mug over him! Mike

21-Nov-13
Thanks for the encouragment, guys. I'm going back to camp tomorrow after it gets out of single digits - below zero wind chill - and can stay through the next week if I find deer. If not, I may come home and go fishing over Thanksgiving weekend.

But they're out there somewhere, saw big bucks before the aliens abducted them. If things perk up I'll turn this into a semi-live thread with some photos for the last week.

21-Nov-13
Good luck and stay warm!

21-Nov-13
Looking forward to reading about your hunt...heck, or even your fishing trip!

23-Nov-13
Good luck looking forward to the recap!!

25-Nov-13
Ok tick tock tick tock...we want an update Lou!!! We need our "fix" dang it! Mike

25-Nov-13
Not much of a fix to provide, Mike. Had a nasty storm with snow, cold, and big wind that put the deer down. Very little movement, and the bucks are still not around. Little groups of does with no buck, not even little guys. The bucks are likely locked up way out in the badlands with the last does in heat, but I glassed everywhere and only found a broken two point with a doe. I sat on buck travel routes in the wind-chill and saw zippo.

On the bright side - before I left I spotted the really big buck with the sticker points hanging with a big gang of does, and they are moving back and forth from a property I can't hunt into the corner of a place I can hunt. He's a killer buck. I'll have four more days to hunt before the November season ends, Wednesday-Saturday.

I plan to forget about everything else and concentrate on trying to ambush or decoy him in that little corner.

Grabbing for the brass ring. Wish me luck.

25-Nov-13

elkmtngear's Link
Good luck, Lou! I really hope it all works out.

Best of Luck, Jeff (Bowsite Sponsor)

25-Nov-13
Lou, I have a decoy question for you. Do the deer generally come right up to the decoy or circle around it from a distance? Last week I had a big buck see my decoy from about 150 yards away. He came right at it, but then made a wide circle around it passing by at about 50 yards. I'm wondering if I should put the decoy 50 or more yards past me, hoping the deer come from the right direction. I also had a group of does feeding towards it, but they seemed to get uneasy at about 80 yards and then left the way they came. In the last few days, the big bucks seem to be glued to groups of does. In this case, would you use a decoy? I'll be back hunting Wed-Sat myself. Good Luck!

25-Nov-13
I'm not Lou but the does seem to circle from 30 to 50 yards out and some bucks come right in while others stop when they see it an turn and walk off away from it. Deer don't always do what other deer do.

Anyway, thanks for the update Lou! Goodluck and I'd hate to be that bigboy...Mike

25-Nov-13
Lou's 'decoy' is a bit different than than your typical decoy... LOL!

25-Nov-13
Wild Bill, I'd say about 80% make a wide "J-hook" around the decoy to get downwind, as you described, and the rest come straight to it. With doe decoys, they often act really shy and nonchalant, like they don't really see them and are just sort of in the neighborhood and out for a walk. But they always come around to the rear.

I've had bucks so focused on the decoys that they stop 5-6 yards away from me and don't even notice me sitting there taking pictures, doing practice draws.

The biggest one I deked in last week walked right past them at 10 yards like he didn't even see them, then when he got downwind he did the circle-around. I'd made a couple mistakes with my setup and didn't take the quartering-to shot.

I put mine about 30 yards out and upwind, and since I'm hunting on the ground with a recurve, I try to plan the set so I can draw when he gets just past me, preferably with a tree he can walk past so I can draw.

With the doe hat they sometimes come right in, but more often circle downwind. Does will usually come right at it, so I'm very careful about when and where I use it.

Does during the rut can be strange critters, but generally avoid doe decoys. Depending on where I'm hunting, I may not put out dekes until 8:00, when bucks go cruising. But sometimes they cruise after dark and go back to find the does first thing in the am.

When they're glued to the groups of does, like the one I'm hunting now, I use the doe hat and a Heads-up decoy, or the doe hat and an Elk Mountain Slip with muley doe, and show it to him, then back it off, maybe calling a few times with a bite call. I've had them leave does and come investigate a number of times.

Sorry for the dissertation, but you asked... :-)

I'll post a sequence below of a classic circle-around where I had a great setup.

25-Nov-13
For some reason it's not letting me post pics. I'll try again later.

26-Nov-13
Oh man...

26-Nov-13
Good luck. Sounds like you're having a fun time anyway.

26-Nov-13

Trying again - I called to this guy and he spotted the dekes.

26-Nov-13

Now he's walking past, sort of "La de da..."

26-Nov-13

TBM has hacked the thread! I have no idea where this turkey came from...

26-Nov-13

Here he's "J-hooking", pretending like he doesn't see them

26-Nov-13
Did he transform to a turkey?? Lol

26-Nov-13

I think I maybe sorta could've shot him here. He was so locked onto the decoys that he didn't notice me there at about 8 yards, sitting beside a fallen cottonwood.

26-Nov-13
Lou, that looks like a lot of fun!! Good luck on getting a big boy.

Rick M

26-Nov-13
Thanks, Lou! I really appreciate the advice. I'll give it a try tomorrow morning. Good luck getting the big one!

26-Nov-13
you've already had the hunt I've dreamed of my whole life... dang!

26-Nov-13
Love the posts Lou, good luck with the big dude!

26-Nov-13
Great thread Lou, watch out for those flipping turkeys. I hope you kill a bomber!!

Lord help me Stafford is coming out to hunt black tails next week!!

26-Nov-13
Thanks, Michael. After Jason's little teeny 12 year old daughter killed that big six point bull last week, he's probably ready to drop the string on something!

Good luck with the blacktails. That's on my bucket list, too!

Found the gang of does the big boy was with on Sunday, but he's out wandering. He knows where they are.

Also found a new bunch in my usual spot, with a nice buck. Not great, but a shooter with only a few days left, and they're in the same area where I ambushed the big buck last year. They're about three miles apart. What to do...what to do...?

I'll let you know what I decided tomorrow after the morning hunt. Hoping for an epiphany tonight.

26-Nov-13
When your ready to get the black tail let me know and i will make it happen. Not as easy as spring salmon but not that tough either !!

Shoot straight bud, look forward to the pics.

27-Nov-13
Ohhhhhh Maaaannnnn!!!!!

This morning I stuck to my plan to try to decoy the monster buck with the stickers out of the neighboring property. Right after sunup I spotted him all alone, about 400 yards out. I had a great setup behind a little natural dike covered with plum bushes, with a path leading down the middle and a couple shooting lanes out in front.

At my rattling, he looked up and started coming, slowly. He jumped the fence 80 yards out and stopped at about 50 for a long time. I was wearing the doe hat and hiding behind a Heads Up doe, with the Elk Mountain Slip as a partial blind. I gave him some movement with the hat and the doe, and he came a little closer. At 30 I didn't have a lane.

He was going to walk up onto the dike and try to J-hook me, so I crawled a few feet up onto the dike behind the doe and got ready to shoot. He stepped out into the lane at 26 yards, broadside.

I drew, and the string slipped off my tab at about half draw and went under his armpit. I had a great line... :-(

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

The fingers on my draw hand had gotten completely numb during the 20 or so minutes that the standoff occurred, and I hadn't noticed. I had no feeling in them at all. I was wearing a light wool glove, which wasn't enough.

He didn't know what happened and stopped at about 40. I started actively deking with the hat and he walked back toward me, but no shot window. After another 10 minutes, he walked back the way he came, hopped over the fence, and walked up the creek.

I'm ready to vomit. I've never had that happen before, but I've never tried to shoot anything with numb fingers, either.

I don't think he was spooked, because he almost came back. He never knew what I was. I have three more mornings and four more evenings before I'm out of time.

I'm so sick right now I can't eat. He would've been my second biggest buck ever. Hope to have some better news for you tonight.

27-Nov-13
Wow, stay after it. Love the pics. Please keep us updated.

27-Nov-13
I feel for you Lou! Shake it off you can do this!

27-Nov-13
Tough breaks make success even sweeter! Stick with it,Lou, we sure are enjoying this if thats any consolation

27-Nov-13
Lou, that buck is thinking with the wrong head, he will make a fatal mistake!!!

Shake it off, change up the setup a bit and kill him.

Good luck.

Rick M

27-Nov-13
I guess on the bright side I got to experience what very few bowhunters have - rattling in a world-class buck from a long distance, decoying him in with the hat my wife made for me, and getting him broadside, unaware, at 26 yards to stand for a shot with a stickbow.

I'll take consolation from that as I lick my wounds..

27-Nov-13
Quit dicking around with all the gadgets and go kill that buck.... Ed F

27-Nov-13
Ed- that's funny, and spoken like a true California big buck killer! If not for the gadgets I'd never have lured him 400 yards off the neighbor's ranch and into my lap. It was a coordinated, team effort.

The "gadget malfunction" this morning was located at my fingertips and between my ears. I'm going to put a heat pad inside the wool glove on the back side of my hand to warm the blood flow now.

27-Nov-13
Keep at it Lou!

27-Nov-13
Dang it, Lou! So close... you got this!

27-Nov-13
ohhh man! Next time. I feel for you.

27-Nov-13
ahhh, crap! sorry, man!

27-Nov-13
Ouch

Maybe start a new thread titled "I'm not going to mess up today."

I'm not superstitious, but it's only weird if it doesn't work!

27-Nov-13
Wow that's exciting Lou. Damn very cool. Sorry for the miss. But heck of an experience.

You will get him!!

27-Nov-13
It's hell gettin old Lou, keep them hands warm buddy. It's gonna happen! Mike

27-Nov-13
You're killing me Lou, killing me!

28-Nov-13

Happy Thanksgiving to all you turkeys! Giving thanks for friends, family, health, for all of the awesome hunting opportunities we have in this country that we sometimes take for granted, and especially for my very cool wife who gave me a hall pass to stay in camp and try to kill that big buck.

Well, it didn't happen. I went back to the scene of yesterday's crime and took Rick M's advice to change the setup a bit, but saw no deer this morning. Cold again, but the heat packs inside my gloves on the back of my hands helped a ton.

Tonight I went on an adventure in the hills to ambush a bunch I'd been watching in the evenings. Haven't seen a good buck with them, but you never know this time of year. I had a great setup in a deep little depression in the yucca at the head of one of the travel routes.

Right off the bat, I decoyed this little guy right in.

28-Nov-13

He circled me and offered several shot opportunities before getting a snootful of my wind at close range.

28-Nov-13

Just before sunset the first bunch came up through the draw. There were four bucks, but none I want to shoot. Fun watching them on a nice evening. Altogether there were 14 does and four bucks.

28-Nov-13

28-Nov-13
I hope you all had a nice day with family and friends. I'll be back at it in the morning. If the wind is right I'm going to give it another go where I missed the buck yesterday. This is his core area, and I'm hoping he and his does will cycle back to it in the next two mornings.

28-Nov-13
Lou, that will teach you to take advice from me:) Keep at em

Happy Thanksgiving

Rick M

29-Nov-13
Shucks. A friend of mine put it best.... "sometimes the planets have to align to kill one of those things..."

This hunt always makes me shiver, every year.... it's 81 right now and I think I felt a lil' chill....

Lou, you still using that cover scent? I'm seriously pretty interested. Possibly it will overcome the cigar on the hunting clothes I keep in the scout...

30-Nov-13
Great thread an some serious action, good luck!

30-Nov-13
Sorry about the missed opportunity. Don't you have some of those hand Warner's in your gloves?

Keep after him! You'll probably get another opportunity since he wasn't to concerned and never saw you.

01-Dec-13

Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Thanks again for the decoy advice, Lou. It finally worked out for me yesterday. This buck saw the decoy and circled 50 yards down wind. This time I was positioned for a shot. I hope the last two days have been good for you also.

01-Dec-13
Nice buck Bill...

02-Dec-13
Great job, Bill, Nice buck! Cool when it all comes together.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement.

My November season ended Saturday. On Friday and Saturday morning I tried to ambush a very nice buck in a spot I know how to hunt. I'd lost track of the big sticker buck so took the bird-in-hand approach. Figures, Each time I set up an ambush, he and his herd wandered in the other direction from where they'd gone the evening/morning before. With no real crop fields out here, they go wherever the lead doe decides to take them.

Friday night at dark I re-found the big sticker buck back in his normal haunts. It's an evening feeding and staging spot when he's with the does so I didn't bother in the morning since I don't have permission to hunt their morning area up in the hills. Plus, I thought I had a slam-dunk setup on the other nice four-point.

Saturday night - last try. I changed up my setup a little and went back to the scene of last week's crime. Spotted them working out of the hills and headed south, and I had my Slip blind positioned for a shot to that direction if I could get him to circle the decoys. He paid no attention to rattling, not surprising, so I gave out some frantic lost fawn calls with the bite call.

Nothing was happening and the herd continued working south, so I started glassing in that direction to try to get a visual on the buck before trying some different calling. Then out of my peripheral vision I spotted a doe coming across an open grass field to my side, with the big sticker buck following. The totally exposed side. She'd circled all the way back around in the creek bottom and was coming, but spotted me glassing and had stopped. I froze, but she got nervous and left, taking him with her.

So that was that. End of November season. I had a great hunt, had close calls with a couple very good bucks I should have shot, passed up a number of others, and learned some things in a tough year with not many deer.

Bowboy, I had hand warmers in my pockets, but my right hand was out for so long in the cold between working the Heads Up and while on the string, that I hadn't noticed that my fingers had lost all feeling. When the string slipped off the tab, my hand flew back and hit me in the face. I plan to work on something with a mitten with pull back end so I can keep my exposed hand covered until the last moment. But this has never happened before, and I hunt in the cold a lot, so maybe my circulation isn't what it used to be. When I said the shot went under "his armpit", I meant it hit the dirt under his armpit. I felt like an idiot.

I'm still not over it. But I have to put it behind me and move on. Had a great season so far, killed a 350" bull, should have killed a 190" buck, and still have some opportunities to hunt later in December if the weather isn't terrible.

Hope you all had a good holiday weekend, and congrats again, Bill!

02-Dec-13
Congrats on a great season, Lou, and thanks for the updates.

02-Dec-13
Lou, you're killing me!! Lol..loved your story man, but was looking for a happier ending!! Like I always say, he'll be bigger next year!!

02-Dec-13
I feel like I was there with you Lou. Great hunt.

02-Dec-13

elkmtngear's Link
Although not one of your typical Semi-live threads...it was very cool!

I hope you can continue in December Lou!

Best Wishes, Jeff

02-Dec-13
Sorry to hear about your mishap Lou....had one of my own as you know. We will have to share sob stories one of these days:)

02-Dec-13

elkmtngear's Link
Double Post...wtf??

I've got the TBM virus!!!

Best Wishes, Jeff

02-Dec-13
Love the story Lou! Congrats on a great hunt! Mike

02-Dec-13
Lou,

Is there a late season hunt in December that you might consider....or are you done for the Fall?

02-Dec-13
Jake, I do have some time in December (15th - 31st) and plan to get back out there for at least a few days. I left my camp on the bluff. They might be in big herds by then, but I've killed a couple very good bucks in the last week of December out there, so we'll see...

02-Dec-13
You have planted the seed you have to go out in Decmeber...

02-Dec-13
Keep after it, Lou. Thanks for the awesome read and updates. Just remember....see buck-kill buck. I've read that those floppy eared mule deer are so easy to kill? :)

• Sitka Gear