Mark Watkins 14-Nov-13
Bowboy 14-Nov-13
LWood 14-Nov-13
writer 15-Nov-13
blg 15-Nov-13
bird dog 15-Nov-13
Nick Muche 15-Nov-13
13-Nov-13
What an amazing Bowhunting accomplishment. I know you worked very hard at it. I wouldn't want your taxidermy bill. It's been a few years since that 1st 3D shoot here in Idaho, but I can honestly say I am PROUD we got together as friends and I am PROUD of you! Post the whole SLAM here for all to see. It's OK to brag a bit, you earned it. Plus the pot-stirrer that I am I love you sticking it to the posers!.....LOL. You and Stef are always welcome at OUR campfire buddy!

13-Nov-13

13-Nov-13

Nick Muche's MOBILE embedded Photo

Thanks Scott, appreciate it. I'm sure glad you took me down to that shoot as well, met several genuine people because of it, including yourself!

Heres my Coues deer from January 2013 with the help of Wards and Big G! Not a giant but plenty big for this guy :)

13-Nov-13

That Coues deer hunt was a riot. Mark (Shug) had me in tears daily from all his jokes, met Trkyslr and he was in the blind with me when I shot him. It was great riding with Kota Man to our stands a few days and hearing about his adventures. BLG from AK was there as well and I hope to meet up with him soon if he ever takes a break from hunting long enough to do so :) Good luck on your Musk Ox hunt Brian!

Anyhow, Chris and I worked out a plan to get me to Cali in mid August where I took this great buck, couldn't have been a better trip. Him and Joe know those deer like the back of thier hands! Great guys and excellent hunters. Can't wait to get together with them sometime soon!

13-Nov-13
Nick text me yesterday saying he did it. I was so happy to see that and hear the good news. It was quite the journey and a hell of an accomplishment. I got to be with him on part of his journey as he took a nice blacktail here in CA with my trkyslr and I this past August. Nick your an awesome dude and I'm proud of ya. Livin your dream buddy :-)

13-Nov-13

I spent most of August and September helping a buddy with his first ever archery hunt which left me little time to hunt for myself. That was ok though, pretty sure he's "hooked" now!

Here is my "after work special" Mule Deer from Sep. I had a chance or three at bucks but I couldn't make it happen, either way it was an exciting spot and stalk hunt with a good friend.

13-Nov-13

Thanks Joe! You and Chris need to start planning a trip up here to AK so we can do it again.

I found out in July that I'd been selected to move to Alaska! So it was a busy few months getting everything lined up and ready to move. I had drawn a whitetail tag near Hunt Mans house and couldn't let it go to waste so we planned our drive to AK with a little pit stop in Montana.

I love hunting with Hunt. He knows the game and plays it well, he and his wife are great company and I'm proud to call them friends.

Here's the whitetail he set me up on the second week of October 2013. Great hunt and a good buck for the area. Thanks Hunt!

13-Nov-13

Last year I didn't get to hunt very much so while I was sitting in Afghanistan dreaming I decided to email JTreeman and see if he was interested in doing a Sitka Blacktail hunt together. Like usual he needed little convincing and was on board to do it. We made plans, actually that's a lie... HE made plans... I just bought a plane ticket and followed his lead :)

Made it to POW last week, hunted harder for this animal than the other four combined and finally on the last day we figured out how to do it. It was an awesome hunt in a very special place. No doubt we will go back again to try for a few more.

Killed this one yesterday. Set up in a funnel and saw him coming my way shortly after day break. I can called a few times, moved towards him and he presented me with a 30 yard shot. This was only the 5th deer I had seen in 9 days of hunting basically from dark to dark. Great feeling when you sweat it out and it comes together in the bottom of the 9th.

I wonder what's harder... The SSDGS or a SSDS. Lol

13-Nov-13
Wow, awesome year Nick. You've put your time in and it has paid off!

Julius

13-Nov-13
Oh and THANK YOU for your service to this country as well buddy!

13-Nov-13
Fantastic Nick! Congrats on a great accomplishment!

13-Nov-13
Congrats on the SSDS!!!! :) :)

I though you guys were still out of country, puking on a ferry boat or something

Bake

13-Nov-13
Good job buddy and congrats! Now tie up a bou to a tree for me along the haul road..... Theres trees there right?! ;-)

13-Nov-13
Congrats Nick. You got what it takes to kill a slam of any kind.

13-Nov-13
You did it! Awesome man, grats!

Is JTree still hunting?

13-Nov-13
If you call Ketchikan AK civilization, them we are back to it. Waiting on flights back to our real worlds.

And no puking occurred...

Good fun and a great adventure.

Congrats Nick.

--Jim

13-Nov-13
Way to get it done... Congrats on a great year!

13-Nov-13
Congrats Nick, most awesome accomplishment!

Alaska...too cool!

13-Nov-13
Congrats Nick! Quite an accomplishment!

Sounded like a tough hunt. But even a tough one is better than no hunt at all... and what an adventure...

Gonna guess when you guys get settled in we can all sit down and you'll tell us a story... =D

13-Nov-13
Awesome!

Way to go, Nick!

13-Nov-13
Congrats Nick!

13-Nov-13
Great animals, congrats.

13-Nov-13
Saaaaweeet! Congrats on your accomplishment Nick. Just rebooked my Dall hunt...Will be in Fairbanks, AK in August!

13-Nov-13
Wowza. Very nice!

13-Nov-13
Congrats. Great job!

13-Nov-13
CONGRATS!! Well Done.

13-Nov-13
Cory when you get in you let me know, we've got a room for you to stay as long as you need!

Chris and Joe, pack your stuff, just leave the tree saw at home ;) Both of you need to come up and you're welcome when it's convenient for you, I'll be here!

Thanks folks, I appreciate it but... Every single hunt for this started right here on Bowsite, all of them. So thanks to Pat for a great website full of great bowhunters!

13-Nov-13
I'll give you a heads up. I think my room is already lined up at the Alpine Inn on the way in. I will touch base with you closer to the dates...Thanks for the offer. At a minimum, I'd buy you and your bride dinner and a beer...OR if it's too late for dinner, just beer.

13-Nov-13
Looks like you have 2 months to make it a SSDDS. You better get to work. Haha. Looks like you had/are having fun. Congrats.

13-Nov-13
Sounds good! Keep us posted, would love to catch up prior to your hunt. Your guide is the man so you'll get it done this time!

13-Nov-13
Way to go good job man - looks like you earned it!!

13-Nov-13
Nice work Nick, knew you could do it...and didn't need a single "pile-o-corn" to get-r-dun...you are a HUNTER!

13-Nov-13
Congrats Nick - very happy for you, pretty cool accomplishment.

13-Nov-13
Very Nice Nick- well done- Congrats !!

13-Nov-13
Well done Nick, great accomplishment.

13-Nov-13
SikO...you didn't have to go there.

13-Nov-13
Thats one hell of a year. Glad I got to play small part. Best of luck on your Next adventure. HUNT. A.K.A HUNTDAWG:)

13-Nov-13
Pretty dang pumped on this. Congrats

13-Nov-13
Great accomplishment and very deserving.

13-Nov-13

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
The Man in This photo is a stone cold killer. Congrats again. HUNT

13-Nov-13

Now this is a Killer!

The Ol' Kelly Harris selfie! Lol

13-Nov-13
Really cool, Nick - awesome accomplishment!

13-Nov-13
Congratulations Nick... Helluva year. Way to stick it out til the end. We'll have to hook up, I have Alaskan hunts planned the next three years... love that place. Ed F

13-Nov-13
Good job Nick! Way to get er done!

13-Nov-13
Way to go Nick...You need a 'real' Blacktail though, so we'll have to work in that one! ;-) POW was awesome and as you said, one of the toughest hunts as fas as deer go...

Just a reason to go back...Congrats, great year!

13-Nov-13
awesome! congrats!!

13-Nov-13
Congrats Nick , try to stay warm in AK. Mike

13-Nov-13
Awesome work

14-Nov-13
Congrats Nick.... I'm glad I could keep Steph company while you were away...

14-Nov-13
Nick way to go how did you find the first lite jacket Thanks Shane

14-Nov-13
Congrats-great job! Those blacktails are really cool looking. Love the black forehead.

14-Nov-13
Congrats! Looks like your having some serious fun and that's what its all about!

14-Nov-13
Congratulations!!!

14-Nov-13
Nick,

What a year! congrats.

Time to get home and shovel your drive:)

Rick M

14-Nov-13
Congrats on the accomplishment Nick!

14-Nov-13
Nicely done Nick! An epic year for sure!

Mark

14-Nov-13
Congrats Nick! What are you going after next?

14-Nov-13
Congrats, Nick. Good luck with your move to Alaska.

15-Nov-13
Atta boy, Chuck.,.....er, I mean Nick!

And I can say I wrote the first article on you years before you became the rock star of the bowhunting world! :-)

15-Nov-13
Congratulations Nick, that is an amazing feat to pull off !

Brian

15-Nov-13
Congrats Nick, I'm missing you up here in,Michigan today.

15-Nov-13
Missing the UP myself today Brock. Glad you guys are having fun!

• Sitka Gear