OFFHNTN 22-Nov-13
BOWUNTR 22-Nov-13
Fulldraw1972 22-Nov-13
Paul@thefort 22-Nov-13
SDHNTR(home) 22-Nov-13
HuntEasy 23-Nov-13
HuntEasy 23-Nov-13
22-Nov-13
Heading out to AZ in Jan to chase public land Muleys in the rut with the archery tackle once again. Going through my gear list, a couple custom items are the knee pads for stalking and the shag carpet tennis shoes. Besides those two pieces, I've got the scope, bino's, video camera/tripod, standard gear/Sitka etc. I was looking for a good bino harness for my glass, also, if anyone else has some custom gear tips that you think will help on the hunt I would appreciate hearing about it. Will be up around the Prescott area.

22-Nov-13
Definitely get a good bino harness. You don't need anything different than other spot and stalk hunts. Maybe throw in a pair of heavy wool socks to slip on as you get close. Good luck!

22-Nov-13
Bring a cushion to sit on while glassing. What happened on your NM elk hunt and Lake Sonoma deer hunt? We never heard a report.... Ed F

22-Nov-13
I like the Nimrod bino harness. Maybe want to check them out.

22-Nov-13

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Add a pair of leather gloves, if you have to crawl some.

A pair of Ratchet Pruners.

Maybe a Leatherman tool with pliers if you have a few encounters with cactus nettles.

PS,, don't forget the sun screen

My best, Paul

22-Nov-13
Big binoculars and a tripod.

23-Nov-13
Good idea on the cushion to sit on, maybe even one of those small fold away chairs for long glassing sits.... I'll check out that Nimrod Bino harness fulldraw, thanks and the gloves and sunscreen are good suggestions as well.... Ed F, NM was cancelled and Lake Sonoma 4 of the 9 days were hit by Gov. shutdown. Hoping luck changes in AZ!

23-Nov-13
Good idea on the cushion to sit on, maybe even one of those small fold away chairs for long glassing sits.... I'll check out that Nimrod Bino harness fulldraw, thanks and the gloves and sunscreen are good suggestions as well.... Ed F, NM was cancelled and Lake Sonoma 4 of the 9 days were hit by Gov. shutdown. Hoping luck changes in AZ!

• Sitka Gear