Brotsky 17-Feb-14
Jaquomo_feral 17-Feb-14
elkmtngear 17-Feb-14
01-Feb-14

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Birds of a feather, "herd" together??

01-Feb-14
It's amazing how bold they are once season ends.

01-Feb-14
Paul, very cool pic. It seems there are indeed new species to be discovered to this very day. The trophy Mulie Bird. I wonder if there is a chance those might migrate to my neck of the woods.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

Best regards, Scott Alberda

02-Feb-14

There are four bucks in the area including these two largest racked ones. When the does and yearlings get together with the bucks, the numbers increases to 15.

I cover up the feeder at night but now they have learned to raid during the day. This is been going on for the past 12 years that I have lived in this house and this deer herd has given me a lot of photo opportunities.

02-Feb-14
Probably makes the shed hunting a little easier;>)

Do they hang around till they drop their sheds?

What kind of birdseed are they eating, sunflowers or regular birdseed or both?

02-Feb-14
Shed hunting? these mule deer are nomads in the area and nearby houses as I never have found any drops.

This time of year they eat anything that looks goods, and yea, sunflowers, corn, and regular bird seed. My main reason to have the seed out is for the birds but am surprised once in a while to find the deer at the feeders.

I have driven hundreds of miles to kill a deer like these, and here they are in my yard but off limits.

17-Feb-14
Very cool pics, thanks for sharing!!!

17-Feb-14
Awesome Paul! Thanks for sharing. I might need to take up bird hunting again!

17-Feb-14
Cool, Paul! There's a really interesting one with stickers up the road toward my house.

Tom's daughter has found a couple big sheds along the dditch behind their house, but I've never found one locally. Fun to see big deer around, though not when they wreck the little aspens in my front yard!

17-Feb-14
Those are some fine looking bucks, Paul!

I'm lucky to get a little dink forky to hang around my place.

• Sitka Gear