Alabowma 18-Feb-14
smarba 18-Feb-14
Alabowma 18-Feb-14
cityhunter 18-Feb-14
HDE 18-Feb-14
smarba 19-Feb-14
cityhunter 19-Feb-14
18-Feb-14
I have been going back and forth between a bear hunt and mule deer hunt. I got a call from my hunting group yesterday saying that our New Mexico/Colorado mule deer hunt is possibly going to happen. Can anyone provide details/suggestions on hunting clothing for New Mexico in November? I have never hunted that part of the country that time of the year.

Any help is appreciated?

18-Feb-14
T-Shirts, early season pants, and light jacket to heavy duty insulated clothes. Be prepared for any type of weather. The saying 'if you don't like the weather just wait five minutes' isn't a joke...

18-Feb-14
Thanks for the advice. I have heard that same thing!

18-Feb-14
HDE is correct, even though it may not seem like valid advice LOL.

What part of the state? North will likely be colder, south may be downright hot.

Layers. Sitka gear is hard to beat.

We may be able to steer you better if you know what part of state or the unit you'll be hunting in.

Carl

18-Feb-14
We are hunting in the northeast corner of the state. The ranch is cut in half by Colorado and New Mexico.

Thanks!

18-Feb-14
I hunted that area yrs back sugarite state park Raton area in nov it was vey cold and wind temps in the morning were teens never got above 30 , I hunted public some ok deer in the area good luck late NOV is better

18-Feb-14
If you are hunting NE corner, then cityhunter is right. Focus on the cold and wind. Do a google search to see average temps near Raton and Logan, NM to get an idea.

19-Feb-14
Sitka Kelvin or K Lite for loft warmth. Jetstream Jacket over the top for wind block. Base layers as you see fit. 90% Pants or Mountain Pants with base layers as needed. Pretty much can't go wrong with that setup.

As stated, it could be very cold in that area. Or could be mild.

Layers will be the key to comfort.

19-Feb-14
The problem I had was snow had formed a ice crust hard to approach. It was a fun hunt!!! punched my tag in 3 days Best of luck

• Sitka Gear